PDA

View Full Version : clutch swaps?

markmdz89hatch
03-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Anyone out there ever try to swap out our clutch for another one for a different application? ...B16, D15, D16, K20, F22, etc?

I really am not that concerned about the pressure plate, but more-so the clutch disc.

Does anyone know how many splines on the hub of the disc?

2ndGenGuy
03-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Looks like it's 27/32" OD and 21 splines. The clutch itself is 212mm. Looks like the 1g Integra shares the same splines, but it's a smaller disc. I was just using RockAuto.com to cross reference. It has spline counts, diameter of the shaft and the size of the clutch itself. That may not tell about the tolerances between the middle of the flywheel and the clutch disc hub though. I dunno if that is pretty standard or not.

markmdz89hatch
03-13-2009, 01:22 PM
ok, so here's why I'm asking:

I can get/already have an ACT HD Pressure plate, and have all but confirmed that I could use another mfg's disc with it. That said, I came across an ebay auction selling a new old stock 6-Puck kevlar clutch disc from an 88-89 Integra (also 21 spline), and got to thinking "hey, I wonder if that'll work?".

So that's why I'm asking. I may just take the plunge and get the disc on the off-chance it will work, but that's somewhat counter-productive seeing as the whole exercise is to get the best bang for the buck right now because funds have run dry.

2ndGenGuy
03-13-2009, 02:01 PM
I don't see why it wouldn't work. You will have only 200mm of grabbing surface as opposed to 212. Your pressure plate is brand new isn't it? I wouldn't use it again, unless there's a way to resurface the friction surface. I imagine the hub of the clutch disc itself would be smaller, so it will probably fit just the same.

MessyHonda
03-14-2009, 12:40 AM
i remember some one said like some other clutch worked...but i think it was from a lude