PDA

View Full Version : how do i remove my dash

RoseCity Lxi
03-14-2009, 12:29 AM
i know every thing im supposed to do until i get to the part of detatching the plugs under the right side of the steering column. do i just detatch every thing or what. if some one could post a pic. or some thing of what im supposed to remove that would be awesome.
and one more thing, am i supposed to remove my CD player as well.

Pico
03-14-2009, 12:40 AM
theres a bolt behind the clock, 1 on each side of the dash,2 I believe behind the radio, and sorry thats all I can remember. It's been awhile since I pulled my dash out.
Which plugs under the dash?

RoseCity Lxi
03-14-2009, 12:47 AM
oh damn. thats one thing i forgot to do, the bolt behind the clock.
i dont know, on another tread some guy said to detatch all the attachments under the right sid of the steering column.

Pico
03-14-2009, 07:12 AM
download the manual from this site http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual.html
there is a exploded view of the dash showing the location of the bolts.
Oh and you posted this in the wrong section of the forum

2ndGenGuy
03-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Is this for a 1g Accord or a 3g? If it's for a 3g, I'll move the post to the proper section so you might get more help. :)

RoseCity Lxi
03-14-2009, 11:18 AM
cool thanks. and im sorry about posting in the wrong place. i have a 3gee. im new to this thing.

mykwikcoupe
05-06-2009, 12:15 PM
can I seperate the top portion of the dash from the lower potion of the dash without removing the entire thing from the car? My top is black, bottom is tan and I want to change the bottom to black as well. Ive got a donor but the top of the donor is all busted up around the center vents. If I did remove the dash to seperate the halves, can I leave the wiring and cabling attatched or do they run through the lower half? Thanks and Im going to start and see how far I get before I answer my own questions. Thanks again

turabaka
05-06-2009, 12:20 PM
can I seperate the top portion of the dash from the lower potion of the dash without removing the entire thing from the car? My top is black, bottom is tan and I want to change the bottom to black as well. Ive got a donor but the top of the donor is all busted up around the center vents. If I did remove the dash to seperate the halves, can I leave the wiring and cabling attatched or do they run through the lower half? Thanks and Im going to start and see how far I get before I answer my own questions. Thanks again

It's kind of a pain in the ass to remove the top from the bottom. The two halves are both screwed, and glued together. I did it once, and it wasn't fun.

mykwikcoupe
05-06-2009, 12:56 PM
glued as well? Is it like a euthane, fubber based?

turabaka
05-06-2009, 03:37 PM
glued as well? Is it like a euthane, fubber based?

I can't really remember what kind of glue it was cause it's been awhile. I just remember that it was a pain in the ass to get off. I think I cracked the lower half of the dash trying to get them apart. It's a damn good thing I only needed the top half.

mykwikcoupe
05-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Im going to attempt it next week. Im going to pull the dash, swap the bottoms and reinstall. im hoping i can leave the wiring and just remove the vent cables but well see for sure. Ive only ever pulled one dash and it broke. Lets hope I can keep a cooler head this time around.

turabaka
05-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Why not just use krylon fusion or some kind of plastic paint for the bottom?

mykwikcoupe
05-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Im way to picjky to rely on a paint color match and if anything happened to scratch or damage id end up swapping it out anyways