PDA

View Full Version : who else is using 12in front rotors

mykwikcoupe
03-14-2009, 09:18 PM
So Ive got robs original kit and Im thinking of installing it but Ill be using the stock sei prop, M/C and rear brakes till i get all the parts to do the 11in rear kit. Im wondering for those who have the kit or used it how it feels and if this is advisable. Chances are 110% that Ill have the rear 11in kit installed also before I start driving the car again but just incase you know. Im looking for tips and advice. Mike

Oldblueaccord
03-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Is this the stock caliper setup ? thats what dictates what MC to use is the caliper sizes.

wp

BITESIZE
03-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Pictures :)

mykwikcoupe
03-17-2009, 05:00 PM
thats very true old blue but having the stock calipers on a larger more efficient rotor may offset the use of the rear however slightly. Others have complained but i think Ill leave it and maybe change the prop valve over the m/c.

wprocomp
03-17-2009, 06:43 PM
anyone want to buy the ITR setup for an accord?

MessyHonda
03-18-2009, 09:50 PM

hum hum hum....tempting

ZackieDarko
03-24-2009, 08:52 AM

been there done that, very impressed with it btw

ZackieDarko
03-24-2009, 08:55 AM
So Ive got robs original kit and Im thinking of installing it but Ill be using the stock sei prop, M/C and rear brakes till i get all the parts to do the 11in rear kit. Im wondering for those who have the kit or used it how it feels and if this is advisable. Chances are 110% that Ill have the rear 11in kit installed also before I start driving the car again but just incase you know. Im looking for tips and advice. Mike

you might want to (if you haven't already) look into what kind of prop valve/MC is used on the car that those brakes were intended for before using the stock prop/MC

the requirements might be different and MIGHT affect how the car stops (meaning you might get weird distribution of fluid if the prop/MC aren't up to snuff with the larger units)

thoughts?