PDA

View Full Version : Will civic springs fit

girlcrazy_4
03-23-2009, 10:27 PM
I've searched and only came up with info on coilovers. I can pick up a set of neuspeed 1.7" drop springs from a 1992 (1992-1995) civic and they look approximately the same diameter as accord springs. Just seeing if anybody has tried and know if they fit or not. Looking at the neuspeed website, they are only a part number or two different but that may only be because of length difference and not diameter.

Tdurr
03-24-2009, 01:55 PM
I've searched and only came up with info on coilovers. I can pick up a set of neuspeed 1.7" drop springs from a 1992 (1992-1995) civic and they look approximately the same diameter as accord springs. Just seeing if anybody has tried and know if they fit or not. Looking at the neuspeed website, they are only a part number or two different but that may only be because of length difference and not diameter.

approximately means exact, so they look the same size or they are? but if u really wanted to see pull off the stock struts on one side, and check the length, and look up the spring rates.

Rendon LX-i
03-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Yes they do you just have a lower car. since hieght wise there shorter

girlcrazy_4
03-24-2009, 07:04 PM
Nice. Looks like Im gonna pick them up.

markmdz89hatch
03-25-2009, 06:32 AM
There's a major misnomer about springs. In all reality, there's not that many different diameters that springs are available in. It's the height, the coil setup (progressive or linear), wire diameter (not that much variation here) and number of coils.

You'll have to do your homework on those neuspeeds. Neuspeed has had a tendency to have low(~ish) spring rates compared to the no-name brands all over ebay, which in the case of your 3G is probably a good thing mainly because I'm guessing it's a DD and because the shock selection for our cars is very limited.

Ren --> If I'm not mistaken, the front shock assembly for the civic is about 2.5-3" longer than the stock 3G shock, which would lead me to believe the spring would also be taller, but then again, I don't know for sure.

Tdurr --> Approximately means exact? nuh uh. It means close-to, or kind-of, or similar to, or could be.

Rendon LX-i
03-25-2009, 06:44 AM
Ummm i taught it was the other way well im not sure either mark.

markmdz89hatch
03-25-2009, 06:58 AM
Ummm i taught it was the other way well im not sure either mark.

Dammit, now I gotta go hit the j/y to measure everything up. ...or maybe I'll try and use the dreaded 'search' button. nah, I'll take it as an excuse to hit the j/y. :beer:

In all seriousness, I'm just about positive the shocks are longer, but the spring is a :dunno: because I have no idea how high up the spring perch is on the shock body.

labeledsk8r
03-25-2009, 09:54 AM
i belive your right mark the shock is much taller on the civic it was the reason the top hat mod was invented, to help take some of that length back off, and i do belive the springs themselves are shorter but like you said i really dont know by how much.

have fun at the junkyard :wave: lol

Rendon LX-i
03-25-2009, 11:09 AM
so true...let us know