PDA

View Full Version : How the heck do you get the fuel filter off??? car has orig plug wires!

03-25-2009, 06:20 PM
88 Accord LXI
I was able to get the banjo bolt of and the small bolt on the other fuel line next to it but how do you get the the rest of that fuel line off? I am talking about the one that has the small bolt in the top and the piece underneath it on top of the fuel line looks like it needs a pipe wrench to take off. I tried doing so and had no luck as it was on there pretty tight. I also tried to see if it was reversed threaded but had equally no luck. Any ideas on how to get this off easily?

On a side note i thought i would share this... i just got this car from a friend who pampered it and it was always garaged. my last accord was destroyed by a taxi in NYC. I was wondering why I was getting bad gas mileage after a few weeks and took a look under the hood. The car has the original spark plug wires that are dated 1987 from Sumitomo. Anyone want these as a collectors item? hehehe. I have to change them and probably the original plugs as well. That sure says something about Japanese quality!

Civic Accord Honda
03-25-2009, 06:24 PM
for plug wires and plugs
get NGK Vpower plugs
and NGK plug wires from ebay
also change your cap and rotor

and to get the bolts off i would take some PB blaster and spray it on the bolt and let it soak they can be pretty bitchy

03-25-2009, 06:29 PM
do you use a socket? is it reverse threaded? ya i bought ngk wires and plugs autohauz az is my parts place of choice i got the cap and rotor as well. i was reading a good thread on the forum on gapping the plugs to .032

Dr_Snooz
03-25-2009, 07:34 PM
I use an impact gun to get those nuts off. Works like a champ.

84Accord
03-25-2009, 08:37 PM
I use an impact gun to get those nuts off. Works like a champ.

x2 plus some pb blaster or similar.

03-26-2009, 07:51 PM
thanks guys

LX-incredible
03-27-2009, 09:13 AM
88 Accord LXI
I was able to get the banjo bolt of and the small bolt on the other fuel line next to it but how do you get the the rest of that fuel line off? I am talking about the one that has the small bolt in the top and the piece underneath it on top of the fuel line looks like it needs a pipe wrench to take off. I tried doing so and had no luck as it was on there pretty tight. I also tried to see if it was reversed threaded but had equally no luck. Any ideas on how to get this off easily?

17 mm open end wrench, if you can get it in there. 17 mm crowfoot socket with extension would be the best...

codyJDM
03-27-2009, 09:20 AM
Take the fuel lines off at the firewall and the fuel rail, and put that stupid fuel filter in a vice and have at it with a giant wrench. That's the only way I got mine off originally.

Make sure to get new crush washers or the new filter will leak.

Dr_Snooz
03-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Take the fuel lines off at the firewall and the fuel rail, and put that stupid fuel filter in a vice and have at it with a giant wrench. That's the only way I got mine off originally.

Make sure to get new crush washers or the new filter will leak.

I ended up bending the firewall clamp all to heck the first time I tried to remove mine. Then I had to bend it all back again.