PDA

View Full Version : bubble sounds, normal?

Mantis88LX
09-28-2002, 08:30 PM
when i crank up for the first time in the day, i hear bubble sounds coming from the engine bay, or maybe its from under the dash, there not very loud, dont know if its normal or not.
i guess im a little parinoid becuase i resontly changed my radiator fluid
thanx

A20A1
09-28-2002, 08:57 PM
Bubble bubble or like a gargle... what rpm does it happen or is it constant?

smufguy
09-28-2002, 09:54 PM
www.dictionary.com , for defenitions. dammit, i am tired. :(

Mike's89AccordLX
09-28-2002, 10:24 PM
I think I know what your talking about Mantis88LX, mine kinda makes a sputtering noise (but when i'm in the car it sounds like a bubbling noise) I think maybe the car is misfiring, check plugs. I have to change mine too.

ACCORD EX
09-29-2002, 04:39 AM
when you changed your fluid did you bleed the system ! ?
does the rpm raise and drop ?

Mantis88LX
09-29-2002, 08:34 AM
i only notice it when im inside the car and its idling, it only does it the first time the car is cank the day,

and yes sometimes when im driving during the hottest times of th day and im in traffic alot the rpms will go from 1k to 2k back and forth, it hasnt done this in a while tho so i think that is fixed.

i bleed the colling system already.

Dutchboy
09-29-2002, 09:33 AM
OR it could be that Power vavle..???

The thing that puts the air into the exhuast....to lazy to go see what it really is called but i know that the solenoid for mine is bust and it stays on all the time and it makes a bubbling sound becasue it draws the air from the air box...
But you have a intake right??
Then it cant be it i guess..

Ben

YK86
09-29-2002, 11:13 AM
It's the air suction valve assembly. I didn't know where the sound was coming from at first too on the 88 after the rebuild. I thought it was leaking somewhere. But I took a closer look and it just turned out to be that and that it's normal on carbed 3g's.

A20A1
09-29-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by YK86
It's the air suction valve assembly. I didn't know where the sound was coming from at first too on the 88 after the rebuild. I thought it was leaking somewhere. But I took a closer look and it just turned out to be that and that it's normal on carbed 3g's.

Yeah thats why I need to know what RPM it happens at... if the noise continues above 3,200-3,500 rpm then it may not be the AS Valve.

Dutchboy
09-29-2002, 11:44 AM
yah the bubbling should be there BUT not at idle...

My solenoid controling the valve is broke and is open all the time so i just disconeted it and and plugged the line..
no more bubbling
that reminds me to get one from the wreckers to fix it.

Ben

ACCORD EX
09-29-2002, 01:46 PM
does it happen only for a couple of seconds when engine is cold ! ?? if so mine does that too ! i think it's the oil getting into its cycle ! ( getting hot )

MIKE