PDA

View Full Version : Carb engine, worth rebuilding and upgradeing?

87acc
03-28-2009, 01:40 PM
I have an 87 hatch s. I recently baught an 89 sedan and am using it for parts. My only problem is that its also the carb 2.0 . I wanted to get a Fi engine and drop it into my hatch. Ive had a couple of people tell me just to stick with the carb engine and rebuild and tottally remake it. Should i rebuild one of the carbs? or is it a waist of time and should i just buy a used FI and rebuild it?

russiankid
03-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Engine is pretty much the same. The carb is not really worth upgrading if you're going for high performance. EFI allows you run run FI.

Civic Accord Honda
03-28-2009, 02:52 PM
easiest way to get performance out of the carbed acco is to go with a weber

Dr_Snooz
03-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Depends on what you have in mind. If you're going to boost, run nitrous and engine management software, well then you'll need FI. If you just want something fun that isn't too much of a headache, the carb will be fine. We have a few guys on here who are building some wicked bad cars with carbs. If you have the skillz, you can build quite a car with carbs.

MessyHonda
03-29-2009, 08:52 AM
best thing is to sell me that non powered steering rack from the hatch

lostforawhile
03-29-2009, 09:19 AM
you need the rack and the rear cross member i believe. does anyone know if the splines on the input shaft are the same also? if they aren't you might need the intermedite shaft from the rack to the U joint in the coulum

JordanQ
03-29-2009, 09:44 AM
I have an 87 hatch s. I recently baught an 89 sedan and am using it for parts. My only problem is that its also the carb 2.0 . I wanted to get a Fi engine and drop it into my hatch. Ive had a couple of people tell me just to stick with the carb engine and rebuild and tottally remake it. Should i rebuild one of the carbs? or is it a waist of time and should i just buy a used FI and rebuild it?
if you still have a good block i'll buy from you.

:rockon: