PDA

View Full Version : Where should i start.

bwallace530
03-29-2009, 08:08 PM
Lowering my car first or getting tires and rims.

itzdave
03-29-2009, 08:48 PM
thats really up to you, but most of us here usually think that the car looks better once its lowered. i think that if ya got rims, ya might see a large wheel gap... it would prolly look better with wheels once it was lowered.
I personally, would lower it first.

Pico
03-29-2009, 08:50 PM
what's your budget?
Are you planning on getting new shocks when you lower the car?
if you're not getting new shocks, I'd suggest getting the tires and wheels first

Civic Accord Honda
03-29-2009, 10:24 PM
if you are on steelies then i would get wheels
make sure you get something light weight and a 15" would be best.

ghettogeddy
03-29-2009, 11:01 PM
if you are on steelies then i would get wheels
make sure you get something light weight and a 15" would be best.

well that woudl depend on what he wants to do
is it speed hes looking for a looks

a set of 16's is never a bad idea

Civic Accord Honda
03-30-2009, 01:14 AM
16s are alright i personally think they look to big though. there not bad though

bwallace530
03-30-2009, 03:49 AM
yeah i would like to get shocks and i dont have the best of budget and im going for speed and looks too

MessyHonda
03-30-2009, 06:31 PM
rims and tires wont get you speed but depends on your budget....my first set of rims were fat fives
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/car/hondadx014Small.jpg

gsr fat five rims lowered 1.5 inches...its not a bad set up..handles good

Dr_Snooz
03-30-2009, 07:16 PM
If you lower it, how will you get the dubs on?

bwallace530
03-30-2009, 07:32 PM
If you lower it, how will you get the dubs on?
this is off topic
i have a ? is a 2006 honda civic fast cuz i just got home i was on the freeway and this guy was trying to race me i said well why not he is probably going to smoke me but i gave it a shot and i smoked him for some reason idk why maybe i just got lucky or something. well i was just wondering.

MessyHonda
03-30-2009, 08:51 PM
the o6 civics only make 140hp...your car makes 98hp....he prob was not racing

AccordB20A
03-31-2009, 12:35 AM
Yeah he probably missed a gear or something, unless his motors stuffed and yours isnt haha

itzdave
03-31-2009, 09:39 AM
or if there were 4 really fat people in the civic you could have beat him.

bwallace530
03-31-2009, 09:48 AM
or if there were 4 really fat people in the civic you could have beat him.

it was hella weird but it was a younger kid and it still had the plates from the dealer idk it was just a funny ass thing but i kno it was just some mistake that happened

so i should get the tires and rims first then lower my car.

JTS
04-01-2009, 08:39 PM
i loweered my 89, n its sittin on steelies. it looks and handles way more aggressive that i ever expected..lower the car first!

bwallace530
04-01-2009, 09:06 PM
i loweered my 89, n its sittin on steelies. it looks and handles way more aggressive that i ever expected..lower the car first!

how would i go and lower it. i dont want to pay a shop a lot of money i would rather do it myself

-$MOKIN-
04-01-2009, 10:27 PM
if you lower it, how will you get the dubs on?

haha

'A20A3'
04-02-2009, 08:10 AM
lower it. i lowered mine first and it's still my favorite mod. it handles like a completely different car. i love it. for sure lower it first. you wont regret it.

Pico
04-02-2009, 08:17 AM
how would i go and lower it. i dont want to pay a shop a lot of money i would rather do it myself
how low do you want to go.
for a 1.5 drop go with H&R springs or Eibach.
you can do the install yourself if you have the correct tools.

bwallace530
04-02-2009, 09:52 AM
how low do you want to go.
for a 1.5 drop go with H&R springs or Eibach.
you can do the install yourself if you have the correct tools.

yeah i dont want to go to low.
how much are they?
what tools would i need

-$MOKIN-
04-02-2009, 10:39 AM
B ... I can tell that this is probably your first project car that you have worked on.

I think you want to start out by gettin the haynes car manual for like 20 bucks from auto zone. Just so you can use it to refrence from. I beleive there is a online manual somewhere i had the link but lost it.

If anyone has the online parts break down please post it.

And doing things can be costly in the long run if you try to do things cheap. So keep that in the back of your mind.
If you go threw the suspention section in the forumns there are alot of older post that you can go threw to see people past experiances. Maybe go threw alot of them then come up with what you want and use past experiances of our members to guide you threw it.

Alot of workin on a car is tryin to figure things out your self. And taking the time to read up on it. Then actually doing the work.
A manuel, a decent set of tools and being willing to teach yourself is where to start.

bwallace530
04-02-2009, 04:17 PM
B ... I can tell that this is probably your first project car that you have worked on.

I think you want to start out by gettin the haynes car manual for like 20 bucks from auto zone. Just so you can use it to refrence from. I beleive there is a online manual somewhere i had the link but lost it.

If anyone has the online parts break down please post it.

And doing things can be costly in the long run if you try to do things cheap. So keep that in the back of your mind.
If you go threw the suspention section in the forumns there are alot of older post that you can go threw to see people past experiances. Maybe go threw alot of them then come up with what you want and use past experiances of our members to guide you threw it.

Alot of workin on a car is tryin to figure things out your self. And taking the time to read up on it. Then actually doing the work.
A manuel, a decent set of tools and being willing to teach yourself is where to start.
yeah this is my first project car.i had that online car manual but its hard cuz i cant take it out to the car its on my computer.

yeah i know about doing things cheap and sometimes they work out great better than the expensive stuff but alot of the time the things that cost just a lil bit more or someone who really knew what he was doing would of done so much of a better job.

i love this car man i love the way it drives and everything its not the fastest car i have got it up to 110 on the freeway that was a lil crazy with it being all stock i wasnt sure if the car was going to fall apart of a tire pop off but it did just fine. and it was pretty dam fun.

thats what i have been doing lately reading and reading and reading some more of hours or more on this site i have leanernd so much but there is still so much still for me to learn

-$MOKIN-
04-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Yes there is..always something to learn. thats what its all about.

Did you fix the vacumn line yet?

Its so easy to do . You dont really need the tester .A waste of money really for a tool you never use. All you got to do is look at al the lines and make sure there not ripped or tore or dry rotted. Then look and mkae sure all the numbers are right. There are numbers on all of the lines and a number on the brackets where the line plugs into the carb side. If there are lines missing thats a problem.
Whats the word on this issue.

Its so easy to figure out and doesnt take a sht load of time.

bwallace530
04-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Yes there is..always something to learn. thats what its all about.

Did you fix the vacumn line yet?

Its so easy to do . You dont really need the tester .A waste of money really for a tool you never use. All you got to do is look at al the lines and make sure there not ripped or tore or dry rotted. Then look and mkae sure all the numbers are right. There are numbers on all of the lines and a number on the brackets where the line plugs into the carb side. If there are lines missing thats a problem.
Whats the word on this issue.

Its so easy to figure out and doesnt take a sht load of time.
no i havent tooken a look yet im going to go into detail this weekend move or take out everything in the way and look at the lines. before i looked at them and some are kinda almost white like brittle and really stuck on i couldnt get them off the plug they were plugged into.

there probably alot i need to replace and the pcv line that goes to the air box the filter in that is all black.