PDA

View Full Version : Cali. smog laws blow :rocket:

fogged
03-30-2009, 05:02 PM
I tried to get my LX-i and my sons 93ls teggie tagged today, both failed. Mine is an easy fix. Get the cat replaced. No big deal.
My sons teg thats another story. No cat, Header not 50 state legal, Db level on the can to loud, and the big one. The K20 swap he put in last winter. I have to read up on all the rules to fix this one. My boy needs his car to stay alive. Ill kill him if he is home all the time.
I knew that my truck wouldnt pass (didnt buy the cali. package) so its getting sold back in Kansas to my brother when the tag is up in june. Ill drive it here til then. My wifes Jeep no problems. All n all today sucked. Alot of time in lines.

mephi
03-30-2009, 05:13 PM
Yay California smog laws. Glad I live in a non emissions county. There is no way I could pass CA smog. No Cat on my jeep, and I'm pretty sure with all of the emissions control stuff gone and the weber on the DX I would fail with flying colors.

Rendon LX-i
03-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Thats what happens when you live there. LOL i wouldnt pass worth a shit...only thing is your car be running sharp since the laws an a k20 damn..

Civic Accord Honda
03-30-2009, 06:13 PM
i hate cali smog bull shit.. and u gotta get the engine bar inspected to make it legal

Dr_Snooz
03-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Living in the city with the 2nd worst air quality in the nation and the highest asthma death rate, I'm kinda okay with CA smog. :)

blazin3gen
03-30-2009, 07:27 PM
u should keep it but register it in another state..

Rendon LX-i
03-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Thats true...if you have a parent living in w/e you used to stay. then just have it in there name and there you go

MessyHonda
03-30-2009, 07:33 PM
you need a better shop....like the one i take mine....no pass no problem...hehe

v8vega
04-15-2009, 09:07 PM
On Craigslist there is often Civics or Integras with B-20's in them. As I understand it B-20's are considered a light truck engine by the smog people and therefore the BAR referee will not allow it in a car. I'm sure some of these guys are doing "hookup smog" where you have to be in the in crowd and it's expensive. I wonder if some of these guys put the engine in and when registration is due thats why there selling the car? Since a B-20 looks like a Integra motor I wonder if the Integra guys take a chance the smog guy won't notice that that it's a B-20? Theres enough of them that there must be a way to do it.

frantik
04-18-2009, 08:40 PM
no pass no problem

+1

johnnygo
04-18-2009, 10:48 PM
if they don't pass u can get money to scrap them or money to fix them in California. check the link

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/avrp/avrp.htm