PDA

View Full Version : to all people who live in california with tint.

84Accord
03-31-2009, 01:08 PM
i want to get my car tinted with 20% rear and 40% front. anyone with tint. have you ever gotten pulled over for it. and if so what is your tint level?

AccordB20A
03-31-2009, 01:23 PM
Did you get pawned did you :P

84Accord
03-31-2009, 03:04 PM
Did you get pawned did you :P

well no lol. i just wanted to hear from messy and frantik and others about their tint before i get it done.

'A20A3'
03-31-2009, 04:22 PM
i got 20 and they dont ever fuck with me for it

LxAcc510
03-31-2009, 05:44 PM
i remember last time we were together frantik said he's got 35 on the two back windows--left and right, then the rear window is 20? and the front left and right are 20?

N i think he said something about they dont mess him so much since his interior is tan..he was sayin something about how if your interiors kind've contrasts then its all good. lol but lets seee what they say

'A20A3'
03-31-2009, 06:24 PM
my fault i just saw that you were in cali. i dunno how the cops are out there about that.

ghettogeddy
03-31-2009, 06:52 PM
i have 20 all around and had 5% all around and ive never been pulled over manly cause i drive with my windows down everywhere lol besides the mornings and when its raining lol and if your gona get tint in my opinion
dont mix
stay one solid percent

frantics mix match
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8958/sunset2in4.jpg

solid color

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/100_4020.jpg

it dosent look to bad on his but your in a hatch and for you to have 20 in the back then graduate forward it would still be dark lol might as well just match

84Accord
03-31-2009, 07:11 PM
it dosent look to bad on his but your in a hatch and for you to have 20 in the back then graduate forward it would still be dark lol might as well just match

lol nah not for my accord, my civic...

ghettogeddy
03-31-2009, 07:34 PM
lol nah not for my accord, my civic...

well anyways ive never been pulled over so as long as you like to drive with your windows down just go 20% all around

Civic Accord Honda
03-31-2009, 08:03 PM
no tint FTW haha

blazin3gen
04-01-2009, 04:26 PM
just dont drive in fremont there is a gayass cop here who pulls people over for tint.. I had to pull it off the cobalt right there in then, because he was threatnin me with a bullshit non fix it ticket..I said "give me the fucken ticket" and that prick told me he would follow me home and litterally have me park the car because i couldnt drive it with tint... Yea i was soo pissed off man i was on the verge of snappin but my lady was scared, and was tellin me "babe just pull it off please". she calmed me down and ended up rippin the tint.. im plannin on puttin the tint back on, and if he pulls me over again..Ima take em to court...

'A20A3'
04-01-2009, 04:29 PM
no tint FTW haha

no tint FTL! ahahah

blazin3gen
04-01-2009, 04:40 PM
and just so u could see how its not even That dark...

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7425/l4f04808ea6fef6e33c786f.jpg

87roach
04-01-2009, 05:03 PM
I think you've got the idea 84, those aren't tooo dark but will still give a nice tint. I don't live in cali but I have 15% on the rear 3 and 35% on the doors, the door tint is illegal here but so far no problems. I think if it's obviously too dark well then your asking for it.

Civic Accord Honda
04-02-2009, 01:31 AM
no tint FTL! ahahah

no tint > bubbly pealing purple hazy tint!

MessyHonda
04-02-2009, 11:11 PM
i get pulled over all the time...i already have had 2 fix it tickets and been pulled over 10 plus times for it just meting me off with warnings....and geddy you dont get pulled over cuz you never drive your car.....i drive my car and overall cops just pullme over....i been pulled over in santa clara, and in san mateo.....i only have 35% in the front....i never been pulled over in my dx...that has 5% in the back and 50% in the front

LxAcc510
04-03-2009, 08:30 AM
geddy you dont get pulled over cuz you never drive your car...

:Owned2: :sadwave: lol

84Accord
04-03-2009, 08:41 AM
just dont drive in fremont there is a gayass cop here who pulls people over for tint.. I had to pull it off the cobalt right there in then, because he was threatnin me with a bullshit non fix it ticket..I said "give me the fucken ticket" and that prick told me he would follow me home and litterally have me park the car because i couldnt drive it with tint... Yea i was soo pissed off man i was on the verge of snappin but my lady was scared, and was tellin me "babe just pull it off please". she calmed me down and ended up rippin the tint.. im plannin on puttin the tint back on, and if he pulls me over again..Ima take em to court...
wait... you live in fremont? im like 10 min away haha

:Owned2: :sadwave: lol
hahahahahaha x2!

84Accord
04-03-2009, 08:42 AM
I think you've got the idea 84, those aren't tooo dark but will still give a nice tint. I don't live in cali but I have 15% on the rear 3 and 35% on the doors, the door tint is illegal here but so far no problems. I think if it's obviously too dark well then your asking for it.

yea i need to get my rear windows re-done. and i dont want to go back with 5% so i was thinking of tinting it about 20 in the rear and do a minor tint in the front.

blazin3gen
04-03-2009, 04:14 PM
wait... you live in fremont? im like 10 min away haha

hahahahahaha x2!

lol yea born and raised in san jose but moved to fremont! i wanna see your hatch one of these days

markmdz89hatch
04-03-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm not in cali, but as ghetto said, a lot of it has to do with how dark it 'looks' ...meaning if you have a light colored interior, the tint would not look as dark as with a darker interior. Just the opposite with the outside. ...just like blazin, his Cobalt is yellow, so a dark window has a lot of contrast so the windows will look darker than if they were on a dark blue car.

Anyway, my hatchie (in my sig) has 20% on the back 3 and 35% on the doors. IMO it looks great, and doesn't look like a mix-match.

Also, if you have a sunroof, just keeping the shade open will let a bunch more sunlight inside, which will help the windows look less dark even with darker tint.

MessyHonda
04-03-2009, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=markmdz89hatch;941970
Anyway, my hatchie (in my sig) has 20% on the back 3 and 35% on the doors. IMO it looks great, and doesn't look like a mix-match.

Also, if you have a sunroof, just keeping the shade open will let a bunch more sunlight inside, which will help the windows look less dark even with darker tint.[/QUOTE]

yeah thats my set up now....20 in the rear and 35 in the front....i think im going to go with 5 in the rear and 50 in the front...just enough to block the sun but still light enough to look stock

84Accord
04-04-2009, 08:50 AM
lol yea born and raised in san jose but moved to fremont! i wanna see your hatch one of these days
alright! im in fremont quite a bit. ive got a lot of friends out there. we should plan a meet.

I'm not in cali, but as ghetto said, a lot of it has to do with how dark it 'looks' ...meaning if you have a light colored interior, the tint would not look as dark as with a darker interior. Just the opposite with the outside. ...just like blazin, his Cobalt is yellow, so a dark window has a lot of contrast so the windows will look darker than if they were on a dark blue car.

Also, if you have a sunroof, just keeping the shade open will let a bunch more sunlight inside, which will help the windows look less dark even with darker tint.

yea makes sense. a lot of the times on my civic ill have the sunroof open and when i do it to my accord i have my drivers window at least cracked. so i think ill be safe with the tint i want.

frantik
04-04-2009, 11:21 AM
I have 50% on front roll ups, 30% on back roll ups and 15% on the back windshield.

I know geddy doesn't like the "fade" look but i think it looks great. I agree going from super dark on the back roll ups and then super light on the front roll ups does look like ass, but having a more gradual change from back to front is cool imo. it was recommended by the tinter so its not like it's some crazy idea i came up with.

I've been pulled over 4 times since I got the tint and never had a cop mention it. I think it's due to the fact I have 50% on the fronts (which isn't super dark) and also I have a light colored interior.

The thing that bugs cops about tint is when it's so dark that they can't see you inside the car. it can also be a safety hazard at night if your fronts are too dark. if you dont go too dark on the front roll ups, you'll probably not get too much heat from the po-po.

just in case you don't know though, ANY tint on the front windows is illegal. so anything noticeable at all could get you pulled over. I would stick with 50% for the front just to be safe.. especially since you have a black interior and your car is already noticeable ;)