PDA

View Full Version : Possible vacuum advance problem

girlcrazy_4
03-31-2009, 11:05 PM
87 exi
Put a day permit on the beast today and took her on a trip a few hours out of town for the first time ever driving it. Aside from the alternator bolt breaking and dropping the alt, blowing 2 rad hoses from overheating and suffering from a dead battery and speeding ticket... it went quite well.

I was noticing that while excelerating it dosnt always have "jam" It sounds like the engine is trying to "go" but something is holding it back... like the timing retarding by itself. Is there a way to dissable the timing advance and just move the dissy to a more advanced position?? Will this cure my problem or is there a problem elsewhere.

1987AccordLx-i
04-07-2009, 03:52 PM
87 exi
Put a day permit on the beast today and took her on a trip a few hours out of town for the first time ever driving it. Aside from the alternator bolt breaking and dropping the alt, blowing 2 rad hoses from overheating and suffering from a dead battery and speeding ticket... it went quite well.

I was noticing that while excelerating it dosnt always have "jam" It sounds like the engine is trying to "go" but something is holding it back... like the timing retarding by itself. Is there a way to dissable the timing advance and just move the dissy to a more advanced position?? Will this cure my problem or is there a problem elsewhere.

check your timing bro.. could be that

Dr_Snooz
04-07-2009, 08:17 PM
How long has the car sat? They get fussy when not driven. Get your registration in order, then DRIVE the thing!

Pico
04-07-2009, 08:21 PM
87 exi

Wow all that happening to you on a few hour trip, and you can still say it went quite well.
You my friend are a true 3G lover :D

Tdurr
04-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Wow all that happening to you on a few hour trip, and you can still say it went quite well.
You my friend are a true 3G lover :D

very true. Sounds like a fun trip man...