PDA

View Full Version : SE-i for sale in central NJ

w261w261
04-02-2009, 08:55 AM
Doesn't say whether it's a 5 spd or not. If the leather is in good shape the price is right. Ad was posted on 3/29.

"Dark Grey 1989 Honda Accord. BRAND NEW EXHAUST FRONT TO REAR. Grey Leather interior. comes with deck, speakers and an amp. not tinted.[Oh yes it is (ed)] 162,000 miles. will add images soon. please email me if you are interested or have any questions. only two prior owners.
if you are in nj,ny area, and are seriously considering buying, and would like to see the car of have it inspected by a mechanic of your choice, i would be willing to bring the car to you if i believe you are seriously interested. have a great day. :)"

[email protected]

Edit: I sent her these questions just now. Will post her response. If it's a 5 spd this could be a good car.
Edit II: seller answered some questions in an email to me. Too bad it's an auto, but she says the leather is good.

1. 5 spd or auto? [auto]
2. the arches over the rear wheels...any rust there? [on right side 1"]
3. How's the paint? Parked outside? How are the dings and dents? [good, no dents]
4. How's the leather, particularly the driver's seat? [good (this would be a minor miracle if the
leather is in fact good (ed))]
5. Does it start, idle, and run smoothly? [yes,yes,yes]
6. When you take off the radiator cap, is the water green or brown?
7. Do all the accessories function: lights go up and down, windows, radio,
etc? [radio is Kenwood, which is wired to the Bose amp, everything else works]
8. How much wear left on the tires?
9. Do you know when the timing belt was last changed?
10. Any water in the wheel well in the trunk or the bottom of the tail lights?
11. Sunroof works? Any problem with the drains for the sun roof? [OK]
12. Any knowledge of when the the coolant hoses were last changed?
13. Any strange noises from the suspension, clicking during turns, banging
over bumps? [no]