PDA

View Full Version : Prelude seats lower?

Strugglebucket
04-02-2009, 12:33 PM
I have a question for those who have swapped in 3rd gen prelude seats: do they sit any lower than the accord seats?

Reason I'm asking is because I'm getting ready for autocross and I've found that while wearing a helmet my head hits the roof pretty bad. I took apart the accord seat to see if I could come up with a way to lower it, but...couldn't think of anything.

Pico
04-02-2009, 02:03 PM
I have a question for those who have swapped in 3rd gen prelude seats: do they sit any lower than the accord seats?

Reason I'm asking is because I'm getting ready for autocross and I've found that while wearing a helmet my head hits the roof pretty bad. I took apart the accord seat to see if I could come up with a way to lower it, but...couldn't think of anything.

they feel lower to me.
You should come by the house and check mine out to see if it does make a difference

LxAcc510
04-02-2009, 02:21 PM
There's BARELY just barely any difference maybe an inch or two. but nothing that affects sight or nething like that. How tall are you?

Strugglebucket
04-02-2009, 04:10 PM
they feel lower to me.
You should come by the house and check mine out to see if it does make a difference

Thanks Pico. If they're even just slightly lower, I think it would help a lot. I work tomorrow and I'm kind of stuck at the house on Saturday. I might try to swing by the pick-n-pull early tomorrow morning and snag some seats.

There's BARELY just barely any difference maybe an inch or two. but nothing that affects sight or nething like that. How tall are you?
I'm 6'1" but I have a long torso. If I could get 2 inches lower that would be great.

Pico
04-02-2009, 06:00 PM
if you need help Saturday let me know, some of the guys will be at my place Sat. and we can swing up your way that day.

MessyHonda
04-02-2009, 11:20 PM
yeah on my dx they feel lower....i got a pair to put in my car

Strugglebucket
04-03-2009, 11:33 AM
I went to pick-n-pull this morning but no luck. There were a lot of 3g ludes, but half of them already had the seats taken:mad:. The ones that still had seats were so worn out that there was no way I was going to pay $60 for a pair. I found one with the seats in decent shape but the car had been smashed in on the driver's side door and bent the seat up. I tried removing the fabric but that turned out to be a disaster.

No junkyardigan luck for me today:(

LxAcc510
04-03-2009, 03:28 PM
which one did you go to bro? Keep in mind there's pnp: Fairfield, Oakland, and Fremont as far as i know...and $60 is usually what you're gonna have to pay..unless you figure out when the half off day's are..i forget what days those are though...wednesday's or some week day i know for sure...

MessyHonda
04-03-2009, 10:23 PM
yeah wed...everything is 50% off

86AccordLxi
04-03-2009, 11:06 PM
I'm 6'2" and I have prelude seats in my 3g. With a helmet I have to recline the seat a bit to clear -- I don't think they sit any lower at all, but they do have better bolstering.

MessyHonda
04-12-2009, 05:53 PM
I'm 6'2" and I have prelude seats in my 3g. With a helmet I have to recline the seat a bit to clear -- I don't think they sit any lower at all, but they do have better bolstering.

ok now that pico and me put a pair of seat in my coupe i can confim that 3gen lude seats are lower than stock seats....the way i know is because after i installed them...i had to adjust my side mirrors and rear view mirror

Vanilla Sky
04-12-2009, 06:04 PM
They sit a little lower, but not much. One thing you can do to get even more room is to shave down the foam in the seats. Miata guys do that all the time. You can usually get better bolstering because you cut out the middle, leaving the bolsters in place.

MessyHonda
04-12-2009, 06:09 PM
They sit a little lower, but not much. One thing you can do to get even more room is to shave down the foam in the seats. Miata guys do that all the time. You can usually get better bolstering because you cut out the middle, leaving the bolsters in place.

yeah i would guess like half and inch lower...now i can stretch out my whole leg...im 6 feet