PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Lug nuts

labeledsk8r
04-03-2009, 10:23 PM
kinda wanted to see peoples input on some aftermarket lug nuts, im kinda in the market as i dont feel like useing oems on the rims (no locking nut can be bad) i know a few people on here have rays but i cant drop 150 on a set, and the 20 buck packs at autozone are full junk. so anyone have any mid priced lugs to recomend

ghettogeddy
04-04-2009, 10:36 AM
i have the 20 buck autozones and i havent had a prob with them

i do have the tuner lugs the with the spline key

LxAcc510
04-04-2009, 10:40 AM
buddy club makes those cool looking extended ones...

that guy knarg has em on his car..the hatch with green rims

ghettogeddy
04-04-2009, 10:42 AM
buddy club makes those cool looking extended ones...

that guy knarg has em on his car..the hatch with green rims

those things are lighter then a quarter in your hand lol

but i think there quite expensive

Hash_man_Se_i
04-04-2009, 08:19 PM
^^^ Yup, I bought some T1R aluminum lug nuts, they were something like $25 for 4, they are super lightweight... But strip very very easily if you are not careful, or if you get a nick in a stud thread. I had this happen and my friend destroyed 2 lugs trying to get them on..

I would look into something like Muteki lugs, supposed to be good, and quite reasonable in price.

lostforawhile
04-04-2009, 08:27 PM
aluminum lug nuts? :eek: you know theres a reason aluminum wheels have steel seats pressed in. the four studs and four lug nuts per wheel keep your wheels attached to the car. i just explained this in another thread, the taper on the lug nut has to match the wheel, that contact area is what centers and holds down the rim. i would never trust aluminum for something so critical

Civic Accord Honda
04-04-2009, 08:43 PM
yeah the buddy clubs arent to pricey on p.word
$80 for a full set
http://passwordjdm.com/Buddy-Club-Racing-Spec-Lug-Nuts-Aluminum-Thread-Pitch-12x125-P1026C0.aspx

also u can get the extended studs for pretty cheap

http://passwordjdm.com/Blox-Racing-Extended-Wheel-Studs-P599C0.aspx

A18A
04-04-2009, 08:57 PM
lol light weight wheel nuts. don't go too fast now

AccordB20A
04-05-2009, 02:49 AM
stock ones work fine for me

conozo
04-05-2009, 04:51 AM
lol light weight wheel nuts. don't go too fast now

Well what we need next is light weight valve stem caps. Mine are slowing down my car to a crawl.

As lost said, make sure they are the right kind for your wheels. Our stock ones wont work on many aftermarket wheels. I replaced mine with some cheap chrome ones from autozone and the chrome is chipping off. I did get a set of wheel locks that are still looking good. I would have to check and let you know the brand. But overall cheapo chrome stuff is terrible for looks later on.

russiankid
04-05-2009, 07:25 AM
aluminum lug nuts? :eek: you know theres a reason aluminum wheels have steel seats pressed in. the four studs and four lug nuts per wheel keep your wheels attached to the car. i just explained this in another thread, the taper on the lug nut has to match the wheel, that contact area is what centers and holds down the rim. i would never trust aluminum for something so critical

Porsche's come with aluminum lug nuts stock.

SZfiftyfour
04-05-2009, 08:51 AM
Sk8r, stop by discount tire one day and find out what they would charge. The ones they included when i bought wheels look pretty nice. There's one "locking" lug on each wheel, but really you just need the special socket to get em off.

labeledsk8r
04-05-2009, 03:25 PM
^^^ Yup, I bought some T1R aluminum lug nuts, they were something like $25 for 4, they are super lightweight... But strip very very easily if you are not careful, or if you get a nick in a stud thread. I had this happen and my friend destroyed 2 lugs trying to get them on..

I would look into something like Muteki lugs, supposed to be good, and quite reasonable in price.

25 for 4 is a tad over my budget but i will look into those muteki's

yeah the buddy clubs arent to pricey on p.word
$80 for a full set
http://passwordjdm.com/Buddy-Club-Racing-Spec-Lug-Nuts-Aluminum-Thread-Pitch-12x125-P1026C0.aspx

also u can get the extended studs for pretty cheap

http://passwordjdm.com/Blox-Racing-Extended-Wheel-Studs-P599C0.aspx

not "TO" pricey i was looking at them... still gonna have to save the pennys for a bit, not like it matters gonna be a while till i put the rims on

stock ones work fine for me
theyed work for me aswell but id rather sometihng that takes some type of key to remove the lugs, cement bricks dont role very well

Well what we need next is light weight valve stem caps. Mine are slowing down my car to a crawl.

As lost said, make sure they are the right kind for your wheels. Our stock ones wont work on many aftermarket wheels. I replaced mine with some cheap chrome ones from autozone and the chrome is chipping off. I did get a set of wheel locks that are still looking good. I would have to check and let you know the brand. But overall cheapo chrome stuff is terrible for looks later on.

yeah i used to have some of those chrome ones on my old konigs on my 3g.. in less then amonth the crome started comeing off and i was getting some rusting. ended up throwing them in the trash right after i put steelies back on the car

Sk8r, stop by discount tire one day and find out what they would charge. The ones they included when i bought wheels look pretty nice. There's one "locking" lug on each wheel, but really you just need the special socket to get em off.
i will role up there on of these days.. im not buying any, any time soon as i still need to get rubber on the rims (out of tax money LAWL) , need to finish listing my 3g parts for sale so i can gets some funds back

lostforawhile
04-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Porsche's come with aluminum lug nuts stock.the ones on the porsche are probably just a little higher quality then aftermarket ones.

Hash_man_Se_i
04-05-2009, 05:21 PM
^^^ The t1r lugs are great quality too, and I would have gotten cheaper ones, but thats all I could find that day that I was having my wheels put on, and I'm really impatient.