PDA

View Full Version : Stuttering/stalling on hard right turns

mephi
04-06-2009, 07:38 PM
When I take hard right turns, my car tries to stall out, sort of like a fuel delivery issue. I'm running a Weber 38 at 3 psi regulated. This happens whether or not the fuel tank is full. I checked the float level, and they are set correctly as far as I can tell.

Any help would be great.

2oodoor
04-10-2009, 10:23 AM
it is normal, just expect it when doing those hard rights, you may not have instant power out of a curve.
there are some work arounds, I saw on a toyota off road forum, but never tried them.

2ndGenGuy
04-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Yeah mine does it too... F-ing aggravating. I don't get why the factory carb doesn't do that, but Weber couldn't prevent that? I don't think the carb was designed to run in the direction it faces. More for RWD cars where the engine goes north south in the engine bay. I want to turn mine sideways and see how she works then.

mephi
04-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Sad...I was hoping for some sort of quick easy fix. Oh well, It is still way better than the stock one. Now I just have to get my engine fixed.

turabaka
04-10-2009, 11:40 PM
yep, it kinda bites having an issue like that. I noticed when I went to the autox's that if I floored it to early coming out of the hard right turns, I'd stall the car. Fucking embarrasing to be in the middle of the track trying to start your damned car.

OldSchool86
05-17-2009, 08:22 PM
it stalls because of the way the float is hung in the carb. circle track cars use a CENTER HUNG FLOAT system. This type of carburetor float pivots on an axis that's parallel with the vehicle axles. It's a better float design than a side-hung float during high speed cornering because the float isn't affected by centrifugal force, so it won't pull the inlet valve open in the middle of a corner.

Drag racers should use a SIDE HUNG FLOAT System. This type has a pivot axis that is perpendicular to the vehicle axles. It has slightly better float control and fuel handling during acceleration and braking than its center-pivoted counterpart.

Check out this site for all auto terms.
http://www.motorera.com/dictionary/AA.HTM