PDA

View Full Version : Ordered konis!!!

89AccordNate
09-29-2002, 09:26 AM
Man, im so happy, im finally getting a set of konis for the front! Luckily not one cent of it is coming directly out of my pocket! I am trading urbanimport.com 250 stickers for a front set of konis, what a deal! Its an even trade, but weeeeeeeeeee no more bouncy tokicos in 2 weeks or so :).

Figured I would share, im pumped!

Nate.

MoonScryer
09-29-2002, 01:26 PM
Not bad dude, get me some :p

ACCORD EX
09-29-2002, 01:55 PM
at least you got something outa your bussiness ! :p :D

MIKE

carotman
09-29-2002, 05:11 PM
those tokico suck ass

Koni red? or yellow?

89AccordNate
09-29-2002, 05:15 PM
They only make koni reds for our cars....

Nate.

smufguy
09-29-2002, 07:45 PM
ahh shit, i just bought 4 tokikos for my car for 120 bucks. They are used. am i in for a bad deal?

i bought it cause my stock ones are shot. I just needed an urgent fix and i aint got no mney to spend just 250 for the front.

where can i get 4 2.5" lowering coils? how much is the least i should pay? is it worth buying used?

Jims 86LXI HB
09-29-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by smufguy
ahh shit, i just bought 4 tokikos for my car for 120 bucks. They are used. am i in for a bad deal?

i bought it cause my stock ones are shot. I just needed an urgent fix and i aint got no mney to spend just 250 for the front.

where can i get 4 2.5" lowering coils? how much is the least i should pay? is it worth buying used?

Ya know it pays to read my post's in my section. I've been paying attention to the topic for over 2 years and I've had my own experience with running the wrong struts. I listen to countless people tell me how it is and I pass these thing's along to the member's. I've been saying for awhile that tokico's don't have what it takes for duty with stiffer lowering springs in the front. We've all been in the situation where we thought we couldn't afford to do it right, but can you afford to pay ANY money to do it wrong? And I can't say something in another member's sale post, saying "hey I don't recommend those". I'd NEVER do that.

Btw, you can get arospeed springs from www.speedandstyle.com
for $99 they drop 2.5" in the front and 2.25" in the rear.

Jims 86LXI HB
09-29-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by carotman
those tokico suck ass

Koni red? or yellow?

Just like nate say's only the Red's are made for our car's but,.......

Their is a possibilty that 2nd or 3rd gen teg struts might work on our cars. Their are some catches and I need to call Koni to get some info from them to check a number of things. If they will work, it would mean a total package of coilovers and sturts. This would mean you could use Kyb AGX adjustable's, Tokico Illumina's or Koni Sports (yellow's). At this point I look's like a good maybe.
BTW, the coilover's would not be a standard store item, they would have to be special ground-control's or the OpMotorsport's coilover kit's with springs added on to them. Remember it's just a maybe at this time. I tried calling Gordon at Koni on friday, he wasn't in, I'll try on tuesday again.

Frankly I'm positive that the neuspeed's are the same as the H&R's, my H&R's were awesome with the Koni's reds, not stiff, just firm and never every any bounce.

smufguy
10-01-2002, 12:48 PM
well, i guess ur right them. Soon, i will get konis for the front and get rid of the tokios in the front later. dammit. :(

markmdz89hatch
10-02-2002, 06:28 AM
hey smufguy --> By the sounds of it, you're still riding with stock height and stock springs. If that's right, then those Tokicos will make a world of diff. If I'm not mistaken, where the Tokicos fall short in performance is when you try a lower, stiffer spring with these struts. But for stock height, they should privide teh best ride you've had yet.

carotman
10-02-2002, 06:37 AM
I got no problem in the back with the Tokicos.....

But like I said, they suck so much for the front....

CARBurn
10-02-2002, 07:06 PM
I LOVE KONIS (SPECIALS)!!!!!:bow: