PDA

View Full Version : Its Alive.....i'm Telling You Its Alive

jteuton
09-29-2002, 10:04 AM
So i finally get every single last thing bolted in. Alright ready to take my 5 spd out and have some serious fun. Jump in, turn the key over one notch....dash lights come on....fuel pump primes and sprays fuel everywhere (fixed that problem) and then I turn the key all the way over......CLICK.....:wtf: . So I start Examining the auto switch and noticed the ground was lose.....alright piece of cake....get in turn the key over.....POP....all the lights go out and all the power options become unavailable .....insert ranting....:mad: :pissed: .....took a chill pill:bh: and calmed down. The battery grnd wasn't making good contact on the transmission casing....too much corrosion.....get in again....turn key over......vrooooommmm.......With this lightweight flywheel the car was trying to idle at 3k....I got the idle screw turned all the way down.....It is really light.....Get in for the first time.....GENTLY press on the gas pedal.....instant 4k on the tack....HOLY SHIT......i've have since driven the car down the road and soaked my underwear. The flywheel will put a smile on your face 2 miles wide. It is the absolute best mod I have ever done to any car in my entire life. It revs like a 2 stroke racing bike. OMG. (coming back down to the real world).....I will post more updates on the ACT clutch.....it bites good but has smooth engagement which i like (isn't that contradicting?).....anyways I like it so far.....I'll have the demon clip on and in place in a few days for all to view....

bobafett
09-29-2002, 10:52 AM
congrats man.... i was thinkning about getting a lighter flywheel. but i am really interested in that demon clip project!!! hopefully that opens up a new world for us!

YK86
09-29-2002, 10:53 AM
Sounds good! Congradulations!!

shepherd79
09-29-2002, 11:02 AM
hey jteuton
where did you get your flywheel from?
how much was it?
i am doing engine swap next summer so i am trying to get better parts.
thanks

A20A1
09-29-2002, 11:15 AM
Sweet!

Oh and instead of grounding the wire to the trans... I put a 2 guage wire from the battery to the front upper left hand corner of the head...

jteuton
09-29-2002, 02:49 PM
Ok....OK.....quick somebody im me or give me their email.....i got finished pics of the racing seats installed and the demon front clip. It looks bad ass. I left the stock wheels up front cause i think the aftermarket 15's might make it too low. The 15's are still 4 sale. With stock wheels up front with 3 coils cut out the springs the dam sits 2-3 inches off the grnd. YOu can see for yourself in the pics. I need to finish working on the engine and get some side skirts and a cool looking rear piece (any suggestions?) and I will mold and spray the entire kit. I bumped my nitrous shot up to a 45 shot. I have been very easy on the motor and probably won't realize the full potential until 250-500 miles till the clutch breaks in. The flywheel is aasco's and they stop making them however they still have the cad drawings and will make you one for a hefty price. No need to send in yours. Expect about a month to 2 month wait.....geezzzz it took for ever to get mine in. As for the color I was leaning toward a baby blue.....but I'm open for suggestions......please somebody post my pics up so people can get an idea of the finished product.....minus the paint.....thanks

88LXi68
09-29-2002, 03:57 PM
Glad to hear everything is working right. So this flywheel is a must have?

bobafett
09-29-2002, 06:41 PM
hey if the pics arent too big, (less than 600k total) then send them my way. :)

[email protected]

smufguy
09-29-2002, 06:48 PM
[email protected] send me the pics man, send me the pics. i love pics, pics of any kind.

jteuton
09-29-2002, 06:59 PM
I was hoping a moderator or somebody could post the pics up for all too see. They are pretty large and I have a bunch from different angles. It takes so long to upload them I was hoping I could do it once and everybody could see. The flywheel is a MUST for sure. I wish you could see the needle on the tach. I want to redline it so bad but I'm going to have to keep my foot out it for at least a week. Oh and your right about the short throw shifter.....I got greedy and got even shorter.....its hard as hell to shift......even harder to tell what gear your in......first to second is literally a 1/4 inch. The aluminum flywheel is the best auto product evented since the wheel. You have to try it.

88LXi68
09-29-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by jteuton
I was hoping a moderator or somebody could post the pics up for all too see. They are pretty large and I have a bunch from different angles. It takes so long to upload them I was hoping I could do it once and everybody could see. The flywheel is a MUST for sure. I wish you could see the needle on the tach. I want to redline it so bad but I'm going to have to keep my foot out it for at least a week. Oh and your right about the short throw shifter.....I got greedy and got even shorter.....its hard as hell to shift......even harder to tell what gear your in......first to second is literally a 1/4 inch. The aluminum flywheel is the best auto product evented since the wheel. You have to try it.

LOL @ short shifter! I told you!! :) I must get on for my B-series engine.

POS carb
09-29-2002, 07:37 PM
I emailed a company called PAECO a few years ago about making me a light street flywheel and they quoted me $500-$600 :(

1989se-i
09-29-2002, 08:54 PM
I want a light flywheel!!! But i have an auto, is that a problem?!?!

Jareds 89 LX-i
09-29-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by 1989se-i
I want a light flywheel!!! But i have an auto, is that a problem?!?!
Heheh....yea that will be a problem. Problem being that you don't have one :p . Auto's have torque converters instead of flywheels like manual trannies do. Time for a 5 speed swap :D

jteuton
09-30-2002, 04:53 AM
Get a light weight flex plate and torque convertor.......hehe

POS carb
09-30-2002, 07:20 AM
the flex plate only weighs like 1 lb at the most, there's really no cure

POS carb
09-30-2002, 08:54 AM
hey jteuton, who makes the flywheel you bought and what clutch/pressure plate combo are you running?
I wanted to get all that at once cuz removing the tranny is a pain in the ass and a waste of a day.
:werd:

jteuton
09-30-2002, 09:31 AM
Aasco Flywheel.....You have to call them direct. Go to their webpage and hit contact button. They will custom make you one but it will be from scratch and will take a while....a couple weeks at least depending on work load. I can't remember the name of the guy I talked to buy tell them You heard from a guy who used one from North East Auto Design and he loves it. They should know what your talking about since they made mine only about a week or two ago. They are really cool to deal with. The clutch disc and pp is made by ACT. The part numbers are assembled by the parts you get. Get the street disc part number 00 and a heavy duty pp (90% more holding capacity than stock) part number HD. You won't regret it.

bobafett
09-30-2002, 09:37 AM
hey i got your pic, thanks. if you want to send me the rest of them, let me know, and i will hop on AIM for you to send them to me. i can host them then...

(they may have already been posted, i havent checked the boards much yet today.. :))

jteuton
09-30-2002, 09:52 AM
I just signed a contract for a 10mb webpage....By 10:00 tonight I will have pics of just about everything up for you to see....I will keep you posted for the link.

tightwhitelx
04-17-2003, 07:19 PM
we need the link i want to see this kit on your car so bad for i am very close to buying the exact same on if it fits ok on yours

dXsquared
04-17-2003, 07:28 PM
:LINK LINK LINK: (chant)

lets see it

Travis

XXFearThisXX
04-17-2003, 07:48 PM
come on i wanna see!! make it fast... TODAY...Quickly or time to die... make it so number #1....Burrito!!!! C.o.m.e. ON lol

Scorpion88LX
04-17-2003, 07:53 PM
exactly how much did the flywheel cost i want to know before i call them.

and what the hell did you just say xxfear

joker2
04-18-2003, 06:23 AM
So do you have the stage 1 or the stage 2 ACT clutch???:flash:

wikkedv15
04-18-2003, 05:52 PM
continues the chant...
LINK ..... LINK.... LINK...... LINK...!!!!
makes everyone get in there cars and rev..
VROOOM VROOOMMM (link....link in car terms)
hahahaah lol

Scorpion88LX
04-19-2003, 09:37 PM
i did a search and this is what i found:
i think you can use a prelude flywheel as long as it is the 2.0si
also aasco makes one for the prelude 88-89 can you use this one instead.