PDA

View Full Version : brake line help

StUpiD8000
04-12-2009, 09:41 PM
well I got my car running and went for a test drive. Came to the first turn and NO BRAKES. was dumb of me to not test them after the car sat for 5 some flipping years. Well I get back and check the reservoir and its completely empty. I put some fluid in it and find out I have a busted line. Its the line thats under the rear seat. Now here is my question, were dose that line go? both ends, both lines. Should I replace the entire line? and if I do the entire line, is it going to be as much of a PITA as it looks like?

A18A
04-12-2009, 10:04 PM
i think that would be the line that goes from the prop valve, to the rear left brakes, probably the most difficult line in the car to replace. i think you should be able to get a new line and with some proper fittings, you should be able to just chop out the broken part and add the new line. should save having to pull every thing apart to replace the line

LX-incredible
04-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Busted in the car? Shitty!

You should be able to do it with the carpet and rear seat out (dash as well?). There is a fitting on the ABS 86-89 legends, located on the shock tower that will work to couple two male ends, but you would need a DOUBLE flaring tool for that... If the line actually corroded through it would be wise to replace the whole thing...

AccordB20A
04-12-2009, 10:56 PM
remove the rear brake lines lol, put the front brake lines straight into the master cylinder :)

LX-incredible
04-12-2009, 11:05 PM
:lol:

StUpiD8000
04-13-2009, 11:05 AM
remove the rear brake lines lol, put the front brake lines straight into the master cylinder :)

hahaha, that would be to much fun in the snow

StUpiD8000
04-13-2009, 11:14 AM
I already have the carpet half out...got new carpet and haven't put it in all the way yet and the rear seat is already out, how I even seen the leak in the first place. I would have never found what was wrong other wise. So you think I should replace the entire line then? I can tell it was patched once before. Had some JB weld like stiff I scrapped off and a piece of tubing over it.