PDA

View Full Version : is this 3g's crappy aerodynamics? :(

ChthonicPowers
09-29-2002, 11:11 AM
the car's so noisy at high speeds..even with all the windows closed the pessanger normally have to talk at a higher pitch to talk to each other..i remember my 2nd gen. was hellof a lot quiter than this...this car has new tyres while my previous one had totally worn out ones..so its not the tyres.

:crying:

Jims 86LXI HB
09-29-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by ChthonicPowers
the car's so noisy at high speeds..even with all the windows closed the pessanger normally have to talk at a higher pitch to talk to each other..i remember my 2nd gen. was hellof a lot quiter than this...this car has new tyres while my previous one had totally worn out ones..so its not the tyres.

:crying:

For their day their areo numbers aren't that bad. But you have to realize that the science of noise reduction and sound deadning wasn't very good then. I can hear a awfull lot of mechanical sounds and not allot of wind noise in my car.

shepherd79
09-29-2002, 11:45 AM
my car was noisy untill i putt dynamat inside the doors.
the noise went down by a little. most noice coming out is engine bay.

Reptile
09-29-2002, 12:06 PM
I get alot of wind noise from the passenge side, but my car is an 19 with 216k on it. Every thing has an explanation.:super:

2Fast_Fiero
09-29-2002, 12:46 PM
Last time I took my accord at high speeds, (All The Time When Engine Ran) I never heard any sounds, I could close the windows, turn off everything in the car and just cruize at 100+mph and it didn't make one rattle, no whistling of any cracks in the windows, Nothing, It was quiet........And definatly no vibrations in the steering wheel. I see that funny since my brother has hit a snow bank at 50mph, hit a cone while being a smart ass on the highway at 80mph, the passenger side front wheel is pushed back about an inch and theres still no noises.

Bobs89LXi
09-29-2002, 12:49 PM
There is one oddity with the 3G Accord and with the 2 and 3G Ludes as well. Over time, the screws holding the striker plates to the door jams, tend to get loose. When this happens, the doors do not close all the way. This causes wind or road noise in the cabin, especially at highway speeds or during windy conditions. Check to see if your striker plates have loosend up and tighten them. If you have no idea what the striker plates are, they are the chrome colored pieces on the doorjam, with loops that the door latch catches on.

2Fast_Fiero
09-29-2002, 01:09 PM
My dads 88 Lude Si has that problem.

Coitis1
09-29-2002, 01:34 PM
mine is relatively quiet on the highway, but it doesn't handle quite as well as i would like. i know honda's are supposed to drive great at highway speeds, but i guess its just age. the steering wheel becomes loose and thats actually about it. it could be a smoother ride though

ACCORD EX
09-29-2002, 01:54 PM
may be it's your wheel bearings !? do you mean like a wind sound !?

MIKE

ChthonicPowers
09-29-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by ACCORD EX
may be it's your wheel bearings !? do you mean like a wind sound !?

MIKE

Yes..:(

wheel bearings on the front left wheel seem to be making a little noise..but thats so minor that it goes away by the time car is doing 10MPH..and I really have to crouch and pay attention to hear it..

Its wind noise which is the problem....even the dealer remarked on the high wind noise on the car...all the door hinges and striker plates on my car are in fine working order...the car still has that large thunk noise of a new car when you close the doors..and they close very tight....so i doubt its the doors :(:(

ChthonicPowers
09-29-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Jims 86LXI HB

For their day their areo numbers aren't that bad. But you have to realize that the science of noise reduction and sound deadning wasn't very good then. I can hear a awfull lot of mechanical sounds and not allot of wind noise in my car.

I do realise that..but the thing is why was my last car (2nd gen. Accord) quiter than my current? :confused:

89AccordNate
09-29-2002, 02:33 PM
What about the seals around the outside of the doors? As they get old, they start to crack.....check those if you already havent.

Its a seal somewhere, I know that! Something rubber is messed up!

Nate.

ChthonicPowers
09-29-2002, 09:52 PM
hmm..I'll check that out

Midnight
09-29-2002, 11:03 PM
I got an odd noise at high speeds and it sounds like the wind it pushing thought the passenger side door and it becomes loud some times but i really dont know how to fix that.

anchovies
09-29-2002, 11:05 PM
yeah should be the seals that nate's talking about. These cars did very well with the mags I read about the interior sounds. Of course, our cars are quite old now.

Jareds 89 LX-i
09-29-2002, 11:32 PM
Mine's still nice and quiet on the highway :D :flipa: hehe It would probably be even quieter if I put the front fender liners back in, but oh well. I do get a small bit of wind noise through the sunroof though (ever since I replaced the glass ???). Something popped out when I took the old one out, and I wasn't able to put it back in, so I think that's why. I just close the sunshade though and it goes away.

ChthonicPowers
09-30-2002, 10:31 AM
http://3geez.com/avatar.php?userid=48&dateline=1020061873

just wondering..do USDM Accord's have tinted rear view mirrors to prevents glare. secondly, can the horn on you guys car be activated from anywhere on the steering wheel?? :confused:

Jareds 89 LX-i
09-30-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by ChthonicPowers
http://3geez.com/avatar.php?userid=48&dateline=1020061873

just wondering..do USDM Accord's have tinted rear view mirrors to prevents glare. secondly, can the horn on you guys car be activated from anywhere on the steering wheel?? :confused:
The rearview mirrors do have the little switch thingy on them (to kinda flip it up a bit) for when somebody is behind you with bright lights, if that's what you mean. The 86-87's you could push anywhere in the mid part of the steering wheel for the horn. The 88-89's had 4 individual horn buttons :)

theBeline
09-30-2002, 11:18 AM
guys, my car has nothing in it. and i mean NOTHING. it took everything out except for the drivers seat, it all needs to be redone, after all the performance stuff, and my car is really quiet. i hear the breaks, and the suspension when i hit a bump, but other then that, its relativly quiet. oh yeah, it smokes though, i never got an answer about that either.... huh

MoonScryer
09-30-2002, 01:03 PM
I got some noice in mine. It got quieter when I adjusted the doors some; getting them straight and level is a pain in the ass. Also, it does help to replace all your suspension bushings :D

ChthonicPowers
10-01-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Jareds 89 LX-i

The rearview mirrors do have the little switch thingy on them (to kinda flip it up a bit) for when somebody is behind you with bright lights, if that's what you mean. The 86-87's you could push anywhere in the mid part of the steering wheel for the horn. The 88-89's had 4 individual horn buttons :)

i was talking about the mirrors on the ourside..they tinted on the 3rd gen to prevent glare..plus driver side's window is one touch down AND up :flipa:

smufguy
10-01-2002, 12:55 PM
hahaha, they are called side mirrors my paki friend.

smufguy
10-01-2002, 01:02 PM
and for the steering wheel, they had different companies made for us.

options on 86-89
NIPPON PURASUTO) (3) --> individual horn buttons.
TOKYO SEAT) (1) ---> press anywhere to sound horn.

option on 86-87
NIPPON PURASUTO) (2) ----> press anywhere to sound horn.

ACCORD EX
10-01-2002, 01:03 PM
my dad's 95 peogeut is much queiter than my accord ! :(

MIKE

ChthonicPowers
10-02-2002, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by smufguy
hahaha, they are called side mirrors my paki friend.

http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/images/smilies/doh.gif

:D