PDA

View Full Version : Lets Talk Kill switchs

Rendon LX-i
04-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Okay well ive been lurking around the net and found some pretty good setups on how hondas use kills switchs

one of then is ground the two wires on the main relay with a switch and what that does is diable the injectors,fuelpump,and ignition so sounds simple...

Other is just finding the fuel pump wire and just cutting it and adding a switch to IT..but idk someone can just add a wire to the fuel pump and to battery and presto there on there way, same as if you where to do a ingition style kill switch idk guys....

What you guys have for setups...i have one to do which is grounding the triggler wire of you msd which diables the msd itself.....thats if you using the white/red wires which WE do...

IM also installing a battery kill switch for the track....i saw some pretty nice ones with removable key that go into your trunk hole...i like that and its red to so idk.....so many options in that area but what you guys have for setups or what....im really leaning towards the PGMI main relay idea.....FOR the fact even if you add a switch to w/e you have fuel pump,ingition w/e and someone adds a wire to that then presto they just by passed your switch.....so regradless the main relay well stop that even thou you have a kill switch or not....make sense

I dont know if this been talk about b4 but i would to do so....i would hate to see one of just see someones car gone when we get out of the store exc. but throw some ideas out or some pics or what you thinks legit

itzdave
04-13-2009, 05:28 PM
mine cuts off the fuel pump...

Tdurr
04-13-2009, 05:30 PM
i have a fuel cut in my car. Hid it very well(not gonna say the location in the thread) but i always hit the switch when i dont like the place im parking. I also have a alarm sitting in the other room i need to wire up..

But a batt kill is diffrent then a kill switch.

Just spend some time looking for intresting places to put a kill switch, like if u dont have AC, see about rigging the ac button on the dash to something, or the cruse control if u dont have it. most ppl would never look there.

Rendon LX-i
04-13-2009, 05:51 PM
welll i just bought a kill switch so i can put it thew my key hole...with removable key so its going to be clean yet no more trunk key doesnt matter i use my triggle by the seat all the time.....lol...i post pics when i do it simple...got a 175amp one lol dont want it to over heat or that kind of stuff....This is for the track use...thats the reason im doing these....some people might think my car is fast when they see a switch like that LOL.....oh wait it is...hehe

lostforawhile
04-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Okay well ive been lurking around the net and found some pretty good setups on how hondas use kills switchs

one of then is ground the two wires on the main relay with a switch and what that does is diable the injectors,fuelpump,and ignition so sounds simple...

Other is just finding the fuel pump wire and just cutting it and adding a switch to IT..but idk someone can just add a wire to the fuel pump and to battery and presto there on there way, same as if you where to do a ingition style kill switch idk guys....

What you guys have for setups...i have one to do which is grounding the triggler wire of you msd which diables the msd itself.....thats if you using the white/red wires which WE do...

IM also installing a battery kill switch for the track....i saw some pretty nice ones with removable key that go into your trunk hole...i like that and its red to so idk.....so many options in that area but what you guys have for setups or what....im really leaning towards the PGMI main relay idea.....FOR the fact even if you add a switch to w/e you have fuel pump,ingition w/e and someone adds a wire to that then presto they just by passed your switch.....so regradless the main relay well stop that even thou you have a kill switch or not....make sense

I dont know if this been talk about b4 but i would to do so....i would hate to see one of just see someones car gone when we get out of the store exc. but throw some ideas out or some pics or what you thinks legitthe battery kill switches with the plastic key are illegal at nearly every track out there, the reason being,the plastic tab breaks off too easy, and the safety people trying to get your mangled ass out of the car,can't kill the battery. check your local track rule book. if you run anything under the scca banner i can already tell you they won't allow it. they have specific switches that are legal and they aren't 20 dollars. you also have to have the on off decal on the car. if you don't have a decal,a lot of tracks sell them on the spot or give them away.

Rendon LX-i
04-13-2009, 06:19 PM
my buddys have those switchs that are plastic and they dont have a problem what so ever or even at the pir...so idk......should work okay...i mean how in the hell you going to break something like that anyway my car aint 1000hp which i would understand then you would have to have a metal one. thats what i they think they look at....

lostforawhile
04-13-2009, 06:27 PM
my buddys have those switchs that are plastic and they dont have a problem what so ever or even at the pir...so idk......should work okay...i mean how in the hell you going to break something like that anyway my car aint 1000hp which i would understand then you would have to have a metal one. thats what i they think they look at....what kind of racing are they doing? if they are on the outside of the car it's easy to break them off in contact. when i used to do scca stuff they were complety banned, had to be metal and the handle couldn't be removeable you can put them on the inside still i think as long as the track guys can get to it easy and it need a decal pointing to where it is. also if you are running an alternator, you need one with an alternator cut off set of contacts. if the alternator is still spinning the car will keep running unless it's interupted. the first thing they will do if you are hurt is hit that switch, it should cause the car to shut off

lostforawhile
04-13-2009, 06:32 PM
even if it's not required, I would still want the one with the extra alternator contacts. if something happened to me on a track, I want them to be able to kill that car right then.

Rendon LX-i
04-13-2009, 06:38 PM
i got a breaker in the front that 140 so adding this is going to be okay....shouldnt be a problem....just got to have one since you moved your battery in the back...

Tdurr
04-13-2009, 06:43 PM
if anyone wants to know a good spot to hid a kill switch pm me lol....

lostforawhile
04-13-2009, 06:49 PM
i got a breaker in the front that 140 so adding this is going to be okay....shouldnt be a problem....just got to have one since you moved your battery in the back...well the idea if you are racing is to flip the battery switch and kill the motor in an emergency, such as if you wrecked the car, and were trapped inside with it running. the alternator contacts on the switch prevent the alternator from keeping the engine running with the battery disconnected. if you just disconnected the battery with the engine on, the alternator voltage would continue to power everything.

lostforawhile
04-13-2009, 06:52 PM
as far as a switch to kill the fuel pump,i wouldn't make it a dash switch. I did a lot of car security stuff and having talked to a lot of former car thieves who are now on the right side of the law, if the car won't start,the smart thief knows the kill switch is somewhere within the drivers reach, they will push every knob and button on the dash trying to make the car start. if you are smart,wire a relay to the fuel pump,with normally open contacts, if the fuel pump has power the gauge will work normal, if the fuel pump is disconnected,the gauge reads empty. even if they bypass your starter cutout, and the car starts and dies, they will see the gas gauge reading E and figure the car has no gas. the brain is not working right now, open circuit reads empty right? i forgot some three geez have needles that stay put, mine drops to zero on key off

Tdurr
04-13-2009, 06:55 PM
as far as a switch to kill the fuel pump,i wouldn't make it a dash switch. I did a lot of car security stuff and having talked to a lot of former car thieves who are now on the right side of the law, if the car won't start,the smart thief knows the kill switch is somewhere within the drivers reach, they will push every knob and button on the dash trying to make the car start.

true.. but if ur sneaky they wont find it....;)

lostforawhile
04-13-2009, 07:00 PM
true.. but if ur sneaky they wont find it....;)you would be suprised how smart some of these street guys are, now the methheads,they are the most likely thief, but their brains are too perculated to think.

Tdurr
04-13-2009, 07:06 PM
i kno. i've thought about it from time to time... lol but yea, i still am gonna add another switch somewhere later down the road...

Rendon LX-i
04-13-2009, 07:08 PM
i just took the postive what was on the battery and put it to the 140amp breaker....and the grounds tounching everything.......so how would you make sure to diable the alt....good point...never taught of that...kinda like disconnecting the batter and car still going...yet it would turn off regradless but take a bit lol....also alot of the kits dont say nothing bout that they just say just a breaker and a switch so idk.....wierd..

lostforawhile
04-13-2009, 07:21 PM
i just took the postive what was on the battery and put it to the 140amp breaker....and the grounds tounching everything.......so how would you make sure to diable the alt....good point...never taught of that...kinda like disconnecting the batter and car still going...yet it would turn off regradless but take a bit lol....also alot of the kits dont say nothing bout that they just say just a breaker and a switch so idk.....wierd..talk to them at summit or jegs, they will explain the entire thing in detail. the four contact switches interrupt the field wire on the alternator,no field current feeding back in,the alternator can't charge

Civic Accord Honda
04-13-2009, 08:30 PM
i need to do something with my civic.. i have people left and right asking to buy it all the time .. so im scared its going to get jacked
and to top it off my ignition is broken so all u have to do is stick any house key to start it ....

Tdurr
04-13-2009, 08:47 PM
^^ where do u live again???....

Rendon LX-i
04-13-2009, 09:36 PM
well im just going to do it that way just to race...i asked a buddy just awhile ago...he said as long as you can cut your power in the outside then thats all that matters....

Civic Accord Honda
04-13-2009, 09:51 PM
^^ where do u live again???....

LOL
the only place that people like me can roam free :O

Rendon LX-i
04-13-2009, 09:52 PM
LMAO.....damn HOUSTIN WE GOT A PROBLEM.......................................10.. .4 lol

AccordB20A
04-13-2009, 10:00 PM
put a hidden switch on the main relay earth wire that stumps people lol

MessyHonda
04-17-2009, 12:27 AM
i just carry a baseball bat when get out of my car with it...ppl dont fuck with me.

2ndGenGuy
04-17-2009, 08:55 AM
I just carry a loaded AR-15 with me at all times. Then when someone gets out with a baseball bat, I shoot the fuck out of them.

Rendon LX-i
04-17-2009, 11:25 AM
LMAO....whoa easy john...no well i figured it out since chris gave me a detail how to lol....discounect the alt wire from the fuse box and from fuse box to switch on back and then from switch to the alt wire itself so when you cut the power...cuts the power to motor also...im going ot have to do that in order to run at PIR

Pico
04-18-2009, 11:18 PM
i just carry a baseball bat when get out of my car with it...ppl dont fuck with me.

I just carry a loaded AR-15 with me at all times. Then when someone gets out with a baseball bat, I shoot the fuck out of them.

2 words for the both of you....
ANGER MANAGEMENT:squint:

2drSE-i
04-19-2009, 09:35 AM
When i replaced my main relay i bolted it to where i could reach it, right underneath the dash. Now, when i park overnight, i just take the relay in with me, and set it next to my keys. SOB's couldnt get it started if they tried.

Rendon LX-i
04-19-2009, 01:41 PM
HA...good pont...just unplug it and take it...DUH
thanks bro you the man....

2drSE-i
04-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Problem is it doesnt really help with the track lol.

Rendon LX-i
04-19-2009, 01:54 PM
LOL true....but a good anit theif