PDA

View Full Version : A new junkyard pissed me off today

labeledsk8r
04-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Well i had been needing to go to a junkyard for a few parts and a co-worker told me about a new one that was local so me and a buddy decided to hit it up. after the guys followed us around for a bit not letting us look around at all i spotted a 3g (my buddy was actully looking for 3g parts for his se-i). i got up to it and omg frigen thing was mint, paint was mint, no dents, intior was clean and well kept except for some normal wear in the driver seat, even the tires were inflated to the correct level. only thing the car needs was a wash. i asked the owner what the deal was on the car and he said it was a blown headgasket. well after looking the car over in shock that it was even at the junkyard i decided to see if the guy would sell it and i could get a salvage tittle.... ima post pics of the car before i continue

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/labeledsk8r/mintyjunkyard3gDX.jpg

thats a magnet on that door just fyi
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/labeledsk8r/mintyjunkyard3gdx2.jpg

sorry for the cell pics but as you can probably tell with a good wash this car looks mintyer then 80% of the cars on here that people dump money into (includeing both of mine that i owned).

so i find the owner and started talking to him about it (mind you all of the junkyard workers keept checking on me and my buddy as if we were going to steal something) i asked him if he would sell the accord. he plainly said no. i tried a little harder by telling him how its really too clean to be in the yard for only a blown headgasket and would be more then willing to tow it out of there and everything, plus the fact that nothing had been pulled from the car yet helped my argument. he simply said he will not sell me the car... after getting pissed that this guy would not change his mind i asked him about a price for the hood and headlight bucket (for my buddies se-i) he told me 100 for hood 45 for bucket.. this is MUCH higher then the other local yards and i decided to pay for my dual filiment tail light sockets (charged 5 bucks for a socket) and leave.. really wish i woulda been able to save this one, just thought i would share my day lol

Civic Accord Honda
04-13-2009, 10:30 PM
should of beat the shit out of them with a wrench

SZfiftyfour
04-13-2009, 11:52 PM
WTF. Is that the one out near cedar creek? I seen a 3g just like it sitting in front of a j/y on 314, with a for sale sign on it.

labeledsk8r
04-14-2009, 12:07 AM
WTF. Is that the one out near cedar creek? I seen a 3g just like it sitting in front of a j/y on 314, with a for sale sign on it.

not sure if its by cedar creek, this is the one out past the airport across the street from a jiffy sotre/gas station on 40, im not good with road numbers lol,

if it was for sale threw them not long ago then ima be hella pissed

AccordB20A
04-14-2009, 12:10 AM
some junkyard people are cunts like that, u just have to get over it and leave...

Joay
04-14-2009, 05:41 AM
... So, why wouldn't the guy want to make money? Exactly? How does leaving his car to rot in a yard benefit him at all?

carotman
04-14-2009, 06:00 AM
Maybe the car is stolen or something.

A18A
04-14-2009, 08:54 AM
they think they will make more money selling just parts off it

87roach
04-14-2009, 09:00 AM
How could he make more money from it if everytime he tells someone a price for a part they run away screaming?

Sucks about the situation, some people are just stupid.

Like carot said though, maybe it was stolen...

carotman
04-14-2009, 09:33 AM
Yup, something is suspicious. The guy following you around, checking on you and stuff like that.

I would just grab the VIN and run a carfax on it.

SZfiftyfour
04-14-2009, 09:46 AM
not sure if its by cedar creek, this is the one out past the airport across the street from a jiffy sotre/gas station on 40, im not good with road numbers lol,

if it was for sale threw them not long ago then ima be hella pissed

I think i know where you're talking about, its not the same yard im thinking of. The one i seen was identical with the same color writing on the windows. It was sitting in front of a j/y towards Palatka. I even PM'ed VanillaSky in case he wanted to check it out.
It could very well be stolen lol.

labeledsk8r
04-15-2009, 07:44 PM
i really dont know what the deal is on it, i wouldnt be shocked if it WAS stolen. i dont plan to EVER go back there so i cant get the vin or anything.... if they hope to make more money off of it by parting it there going to fail horibly since really me and my buddy were/are the only 3g tunners here theres 2 others that are semi/modded and they dont seem to know about any junkyards when i talked to them.

seems like this cars just gonna get crushed as is

Dr_Snooz
04-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Yup, something is suspicious. The guy following you around, checking on you and stuff like that.

I would just grab the VIN and run a carfax on it.

It makes a lot of sense really. The guy's a jerk. Everyone who comes in probably leaves wanting to bust up his cars, so he has to watch them.

Vanilla Sky
04-16-2009, 04:20 AM
You still need the hood and bucket? I have a hood and a bucket, I'd be more than happy to cut a deal. I'll be at my parents Friday so I can give you a better status report. I need to get the coupe fixed ASAP, though, so any extra cash is a HUGE help right now.

labeledsk8r
04-16-2009, 10:20 AM
You still need the hood and bucket? I have a hood and a bucket, I'd be more than happy to cut a deal. I'll be at my parents Friday so I can give you a better status report. I need to get the coupe fixed ASAP, though, so any extra cash is a HUGE help right now.

andrew needs it for the coupe BUT he just left on vacation and wont be back for a bit, i think he needs the headlight asembly and the radiator, think he is gonna try to reuse the hood

wprocomp
04-18-2009, 04:31 AM
he may not have the title for it-some smaller yards are dumb and they take cars and go by the owners word that they will give them the title later on down the road,so that's why he wouldn't sell you the car but only parts off it.There's a yard here in SA that has at least 4-5 Sei's 2 coupes and 3 sedans last I remember,but the dude that owns it wants a fortune for his parts because he is an insurance based yard-these yards sell all there parts to insurance companies for higher than norm pricing and they think they can run it off onto normal customers as well-he told me $100 for an armrest and I walked off lol