PDA

View Full Version : Thermo Unit

SILENT
04-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Well 2day my Thermostat housing sliped out of my hands and landed on the thermo unit and broke off also the green temp sensor broke a little only the plastic... my main concern is the thermo unit the tip broke off... what is the thermo units purpose??? im sure the honda dealer wont have it in stock and i need the finish this job by wednesday night!!!

84Accord
04-14-2009, 08:01 PM
your local auto store should have the thermostat in stock. as far as what it does i have no clue. hope someone knows and will explain.

SILENT
04-14-2009, 08:11 PM
The thermo unit is different from the thermostat is a look alike bleeder screw is actually right below the bleeder screw!!! it broke off i wondering if i plug it up for the time being but i want find out some info on it!!!

84Accord
04-14-2009, 08:15 PM
oh. well i hope you find out something.

Rendon LX-i
04-14-2009, 08:27 PM
mine broke also i didnt feel a difference at all as in idle or performance...but if you have a stocking running accord...get it done go take one off at your local junkyard

SILENT
04-14-2009, 08:30 PM
does it leak when broken... i will go pull one from a junkyard but i have to get my car running ASAP!!! so my question is will it run okay for a few days!!!

Rendon LX-i
04-14-2009, 08:33 PM
no mine broke clean...shouldnt leak at all..

SILENT
04-14-2009, 08:36 PM
awesome now I have to find that freaking pcv hose on the intake mani!!!

Rendon LX-i
04-14-2009, 08:54 PM
THE ONLY hose that has foam around is it....big "S"....... or next to the two vacum lines so if your looking at the i,t well be on the right of then two hose......goes to a metal valve....telling you as of now there a bitch to come out...i almost broke the old seal...that seal used to be rubber now its hard ass plastic lol....

SILENT
04-14-2009, 09:11 PM
yup the rubber that is now plastic broke off from the hose under the intake manifold and comes out to hold the pcv itself

Rendon LX-i
04-14-2009, 09:13 PM
yup...so i just lefted mine in lol...

SILENT
04-14-2009, 09:17 PM
ill try the dealer hopefully they will magically have one in stock... if no ill try to rig something up!!!

Rendon LX-i
04-14-2009, 09:20 PM
if not add a catch an system...better off that way then have crap in your engine...easy to...all you do is run it from your oil pan to your catch can and v/c to catch can and make sure its a vented catch can.

SILENT
04-14-2009, 09:35 PM
where can i find one... im looking @ jegs and summit and i only see radiator and trans catch cans!!!

SILENT
04-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Well Today I Went looking for the pcv tube part number 11855-ph3-j01 and magically found one in Tyson Corner, VA about 20mins away from my home!!! with this finally put on my head!!! it was too cold and wet to keep going but Tomorrow we are expecting a sunny day so hopefully I will wrap it up tomorrow!!! Wish I could post pics but have no camera!!!

-$MOKIN-
04-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Make sure when you plug the termo housing switch back in the it is on the right way. If there is enoguht of that plastic shroud to show you how it clips in. Then just electric tape around it till you can replace it.
The termo housing All have the thermostate temp guage on it , That shows your temp on your dashboard, it the smaller tip .
.THe thermo housing sensor i beleive is used to communicate when the thermostate opens with the ecu. Or somehting to do with that. My 89 accord Lxi actually has 2 sensors pluged in on the housing with the temp guage. Dont mix them up or plug in on backwards..
And dont break the little wire clip on the sensor when you push it back on.