PDA

View Full Version : Air horn!!

2ndGenGuy
04-16-2009, 10:09 PM
It's fuckin loud! :cool: It probably won't last very long though. The last horns quit working. Probably rusted out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSxgsxQFGNw

Rendon LX-i
04-16-2009, 10:36 PM
oh damn....john you need one of those...so when you say when i honk 3 times....Okay but its not that loud so listen carefully LMAO..

2ndGenGuy
04-16-2009, 10:45 PM
LOL ^ Dude that is my air horn. :D I mounted it on the back side of my bumper bar. That's even me honking it. :tongue: I had to put it in because the front end of the car was apart, and I wanted to get it back together so I could quit getting distracted and finish the damn car!!! :) :)

Hazwan
04-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Very loud indeed. Loud horns are necessary with all the idiots on the road.

Speaking of horns, I need new ones for my car. They made funny sound when pushed anything more than 3 secs. I usually blast my horn >5 secs to idiots changing lanes without looking and shits.

2ndGenGuy
04-16-2009, 11:12 PM
I don't recall on my 1g, but the horns might be rebuildable. If you can unscrew, or drill out the rivets that hold it together, you can take it apart and clean the contacts inside with some sandpaper. Then reassemble it and you're good as new. :)

Civic Accord Honda
04-17-2009, 12:25 AM
haha thats tight!
i want the la cocacocaroacha horn :D

denhonda
04-20-2009, 04:15 PM
My '82 had air horns when I got it but I refitted standard horns for the old jap horn sound that it should have. They sound naff but I like it in a way!

Dr_Snooz
04-20-2009, 06:46 PM
I don't recall on my 1g, but the horns might be rebuildable. If you can unscrew, or drill out the rivets that hold it together, you can take it apart and clean the contacts inside with some sandpaper. Then reassemble it and you're good as new. :)

Check the contacts in the steering wheel first. Mine were green. I sanded them down and it improved the horn a lot.

...for about a week. Then they turned green again. :(

Dr_Snooz
04-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Check the contacts in the steering wheel first. Mine were green. I sanded them down and it improved the horn a lot.

...for about a week. Then they turned green again. :(

Oh, and the horn is wicked man! Please don't ever honk at me with that. I'm liable to soil myself.

2ndGenGuy
04-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Next time I'm down there, I'll let you know before I honk. We wouldn't want you soiling yourself at a meet. :D Only thing worse is being at a meet and throwing up all over the place. Ask me how I know.

MessyHonda
04-21-2009, 12:35 AM
that will be fun to play with when some one cuts you off....they might flip you off after...lol

2oodoor
04-21-2009, 12:49 AM
Next time I'm down there, I'll let you know before I honk. We wouldn't want you soiling yourself at a meet. :D Only thing worse is being at a meet and throwing up all over the place. Ask me how I know.

ok im game, How you know? :omg:

:lol:

AccordB20A
04-21-2009, 01:15 PM
awesome, i loled when john scuttled past to fwarp them and then back to turn the camera off lol

2ndGenGuy
04-22-2009, 07:41 AM
ok im game, How you know? :omg:

:lol:

I was that guy puking at Pico's house, during the photoshoot. And puking at the Motoring J-Style car show just before that. :Owned: Musta been food poisoning. Sucks to get sick while on vacation.