PDA

View Full Version : Head Gasket Picture

SILENT
04-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Hey you i was wondering if anyone could post pics of the headgasket and point which is the top side... i put my head gasket on put everything together and it turns out the gasket is upside down!!! :banghead:

Strugglebucket
04-17-2009, 10:37 AM
There is a tab that sticks out. If you are standing in front of the car facing the engine, the tab goes on the left corner in the front closest to you.

carotman
04-17-2009, 10:54 AM
http://www.superior-ap.com/HG-A20A-87.jpg

Kinda hard to not notice it's upside down.

SILENT
04-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Thanks u guys... that picture is exactly what i need the tab is on the left went standing in front of the engine!!! I was leaking oil and smoking like shit when i drove to work this morning and i was very worried!!! I got to my job and asked my master tech to take a look for me!!! he saw the oil and then he saw the tab and said it might be upside down... it kinda sunk into my head then was like... i fucked up!!! but when i lifted it i saw elsewise and i'am infact leaking but from my oil pan gasket and it hitting the exhaust manifold downpipe!!! Thank you for all the help you guys!!! THANK GOD I GOT IT RIGHT!!!!!!

fijisac
04-17-2009, 09:52 PM
well wut i did was like took a picture of da gasket 4for i replaces so that i reinstall da new properly. and oh, trust me ur not da only 1 who put on a gasket da wrong way:hs:

Demon1024
04-18-2009, 12:17 AM
been there man. did that and even drove it a while before it was noticed. still going tho :)