PDA

View Full Version : Oxygen Sensor Wire Coming off of ECU?

mushroom_toy
04-17-2009, 11:29 AM
Hey im installing an air/fuel ratio gauge and figured I could get a cleaner signal tying in from the ecu side rather than running the wire into the engine bay and risking interference. Anyone know what color wire this is off of the ecu? I looked in the manual and on here but couldnt find anything. Also what would be the best switched power wire to tie into.

LX-incredible
04-17-2009, 11:51 AM
White. It's the only single wire that gets shielded. All the way at the end of one of the black connectors.

Best power wire would probably be one of the yellow/blacks, going from the main relay to the white ECU connector.

lostforawhile
04-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Hey im installing an air/fuel ratio gauge and figured I could get a cleaner signal tying in from the ecu side rather than running the wire into the engine bay and risking interference. Anyone know what color wire this is off of the ecu? I looked in the manual and on here but couldnt find anything. Also what would be the best switched power wire to tie into.
if it's a wideband it won't work right from the factory sensor. you need a wideband o2 sensor i don't think the factory sensor is even normal band

mushroom_toy
04-17-2009, 04:01 PM
if it's a wideband it won't work right from the factory sensor. you need a wideband o2 sensor i don't think the factory sensor is even normal band

Its narrowband.

mushroom_toy
04-17-2009, 04:01 PM
White. It's the only single wire that gets shielded. All the way at the end of one of the black connectors.

Best power wire would probably be one of the yellow/blacks, going from the main relay to the white ECU connector.

Thanks. :):D

MessyHonda
04-19-2009, 07:28 PM
sweet....i would replace the o2 sensor tho....my car had one but they took it out when i bought it...they left the connection so i can just plug one back in....good luck...take some pics mr mushroom