PDA

View Full Version : New here. How does the rear door quarter glass come out on 88 accord sedan

Bluntman
04-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Have to replace the chrome molding on the outside of the door, but it looks like if I pop the quarter glass out it would clear the lower rubber seal of the glass easier. Looks like the glass will just push out then put back in with string. Thought I would make sure first.

Pulled the molding at pick you part cost $4. Thanks guys.

Joay
04-18-2009, 11:57 PM
I think stationary auto windows are sealed with a kind of caulk substance. You can take it out, obviously, but I doubt it will pop out and right back in without breaking a 21-year-old seal and leaking. You can buy stuff to re-seal it though.

ghettogeddy
04-19-2009, 12:07 AM
i know a couple of the members know how to remove them messy and pico wait for one of there responses before going and buying stuff

Bluntman
04-19-2009, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the info so far. I started to do one at the junkyard to practice and it didn't seem to be sealed with any adhesive, but was in a hurry to pull parts that I wanted. I was pushing it inwards, but I am wondering if I push outwards or have to pull the door panel and remove the the rear window guide between the rear door window and the quarter window. You guys are OK in my book.:cheers::cheers:

Dr_Snooz
04-19-2009, 07:01 AM
You have to remove the larger window, then the channel. There are two screws under the weatherstrip at the top of the channel and two more down in the door. It should come out easy when you remove the channel. This is all in the shop manual, available here:

http://honda.roadpwnage.com/manuals/pages/usdm-accord-1989-full.php

Bluntman
04-19-2009, 07:24 AM
You have to remove the larger window, then the channel. There are two screws under the weatherstrip at the top of the channel and two more down in the door. It should come out easy when you remove the channel. This is all in the shop manual, available here:

http://honda.roadpwnage.com/manuals/pages/usdm-accord-1989-full.php

Thanks alot. That is what I was kind of figuring, but was not sure. I may try to put the molding on without removing the glass. I may be able to get the clips and molding to go down and then just bring the small lip of quarter window rubber at the bottom back over it with a trim tool. I pulled the molding without removing the window. But putting it back in may be a bit different.

I also fixed my pop up headlights that always stayed up. Traced it to the switch in the dash. Pulled the block fo 3 switches (headlight retract,dimmer,rear defrost) and paid $8 for the whole block. I like pick your part by my house, I have found many 86-88 accords there. It's a candy store.:cheers: