PDA

View Full Version : Rubber hood stops

fogged
04-23-2009, 06:53 AM
So for the last few months ive had an issue with my hood stops. The problem was that the rubber hood stops were to short. This made it so that my hood would shake badly when the wind would get under the hood on the freeway or higher speed side roads. New rubbers from Honda were the same to short. A friend of mine told me to try hood stops from a Ford Fouces. THey fit right in place with no mods, and they work just fine. THey are about 3/4 of an inch taller witch makes it so my hood is sucure. What a great fix this has been. Hope this lil bit of info might help someone in the future.

MessyHonda
04-23-2009, 07:49 PM
you could of adjusted your front latch so it would catch lower...i had to do it to my CF hood

fogged
04-24-2009, 02:43 PM
I did that and when I did the hood was 1/4 to 1/2 inch lower than the headlights. Plus by doing it I cracked the grill a lil. This gave me the room I needed and kept everything lined up.

lostforawhile
04-24-2009, 03:04 PM
you do know you could unscrew those hood stops to make them higher right?

BITESIZE
04-24-2009, 04:57 PM
:D
you do know you could unscrew those hood stops to make them higher right?

Lol, I was thinking the same thing.:D

Dr_Snooz
04-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Me too.

Rendon LX-i
04-24-2009, 05:33 PM
LOL...i was bout to say that damnit lol...i got mine on one side higher for heat to escape...

fogged
04-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Yeah..... I knew that. Ive had the car for 20 years now. Ive turned a few nuts n bolts on it in that time. They were still to short.

lostforawhile
04-26-2009, 02:26 PM
Yeah..... I knew that. Ive had the car for 20 years now. Ive turned a few nuts n bolts on it in that time. They were still to short.
if they are that short something is misaligned somewhere

Dr_Snooz
04-26-2009, 03:27 PM

Well if you're so smart, why didn't you just stick your bubble gum on the ends of the old ones. Puhleez. Noobs.

;)

Civic Accord Honda
04-26-2009, 04:53 PM
if they are that short something is misaligned somewhere

Perhaps his olds were smashed and worn down how all old rubber gets , and the new honda ones may be shorter then the original ones honda made. anywho good going finding out which ones work, i weight reduced mine on the accord :lol:

Vanilla Sky
04-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Yeha, I've had a few crumble on me. I've never bought new ones, but I've never had an issue with using whatever I could find that was in good condition.