PDA

View Full Version : Oil drain valves?

paul
04-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Thinking of getting a oil drain valve to make changes a little easier, anyone use fumoto or other brands, and if you had to use any types of adaptors with them?

Thanks!

redaztec
04-23-2009, 04:36 PM
I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but for what it's worth, I've never trusted those. I'd much rather take the extra couple of minutes to remove and reinstall the stock drain bolt.

Civic Accord Honda
04-23-2009, 04:49 PM
I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but for what it's worth, I've never trusted those. I'd much rather take the extra couple of minutes to remove and reinstall the stock drain bolt.

Word.

DBMaster
04-23-2009, 08:45 PM
I've been pretty happy with the Fram Sure Drain that I put on mine several years ago. You get them at Wal Mart for about $12. I recommend a plastic washer, though. I couldn't get the copper washer it came with to quit leaking.

LX-incredible
04-23-2009, 11:19 PM
The problem I have with those is the opening is so damn small, it takes forever to drain... Although it's unlikely, if you ever had some crap at the bottom of the pan, I doubt there would be enough flow to get it out...

Rendon LX-i
04-24-2009, 06:48 AM
Just dont be lazy and do it like its been done since a car was made. get your ass under the car and get a 17mm wrench turn left and its going to be hot and wait..Not that hard LMFAO.