PDA

View Full Version : Where is the sunroof relay on a 88 Accord lxi

Bluntman
04-24-2009, 04:08 PM
The book shows it in the main fuse box in the engine compartment. Should be in the same line as the cooling fan relay,power window relay, and sub cooling fan relay.On top of the fuse box it shows what is what. I show no sunroof relay.In that line of 3 relays there is a pic of a box with a / in it. In that spot there is something that is smaller than the other relays and has a small rubber covering on it,but the fuse box cover does not list what it is. And I can't find a relay online to see what it looks like to match it. I assume they use the same fuse box and if it comes with a sunroof they add a relay. Anyone know?

The sunroof never worked when I bought it. It's not the switch,got power to the switch, went to the boneyard and pulled 2 switches and no go. I have not drop the headliner down to jump the motor to make sure the motor is good yet.Fuse is good. So I am going do the relay first.
Thanks for any help

BITESIZE
04-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Under the passengers front seat. There are 2. 1 is to shut and 1 is to open. You can take 1 out and switch them, thats what i had to do for a while.

Bluntman
04-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Under the passengers front seat. There are 2. 1 is to shut and 1 is to open. You can take 1 out and switch them, thats what i had to do for a while.

I will look. I know thats where the power door lock control unit and the emission solenoid control valve unit are.I pulled a couple door lock control units at the junkyard with the seat in, just took a 10 mm and extension. But did not pay attention because that is what I was looking for at the time. I will go outside and see if I can see these relays with the seat on right now.

And it doesn't open or close. Chances both went bad are slim though,but you never know with a 21 year old car,great car though. I may have to drop the headliner and jump the motor to see if it is bad. My book does not show it under the seat but is just a Haynes crap and not the shop manual. Are the relays available? If not I can match them in a book of relays more than likely.

Bluntman
04-24-2009, 05:44 PM
I believe I see them. The right front corner under the passenger seat.Thanks alot.:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Bluntman
04-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Bitesize if you are ever in California I owe you lunch. Pulled the seat and all the wires were corroded in the main plug that splits the wires to each relay,They were blue and falling out LOL:uh:. Went to the boneyard and cut out the whole loom with relays. Gonna rewire right now cove the wires with heat shrink, and should be good to go.

BITESIZE
04-25-2009, 02:17 PM
Glad I could help!!

Bluntman
04-25-2009, 08:20 PM
Cool my sunroof works now.