PDA

View Full Version : Junkyard Tranny

Juggalo88Accord
04-26-2009, 07:43 PM
So i finnally have some money saved up me an my bro are going to tha pull a part tomarrow for a 5 speed tranny and have no idea how to pull it :banghead: any tips on how to get tha sucker out would be helpful. I dont no tha first thing about how to do it i was just gunna go down there an start takin off bolts.

zigzag
04-26-2009, 07:49 PM
i had to replace the tranny in my honda.... please for the love of god find something to support the trani underneath as you take it out....

as for pulling it isnt as hard as i thought it would have been just take your time and go one bolt at a time..

good luck bub ^_^ putting it back in was twice the fun :P

-zigzag

Juggalo88Accord
04-26-2009, 07:52 PM
i had to replace the tranny in my honda.... please for the love of god find something to support the trani underneath as you take it out....

as for pulling it isnt as hard as i thought it would have been just take your time and go one bolt at a time..

good luck bub ^_^

-zigzag

Thanx i wasnt sure if anything was gunna fall on me or not Very good to know

A18A
04-26-2009, 07:54 PM
undo all the little things around it first (linkages, axles, whatever else is in the way) before unbolting the main bolts to the gearbox. once you undone all those, i would start undoing the main bolts from underneath and do the top ones last, so you can pull it out and just let it drop on the ground without the risk of having it fall on your face while you're under there. if you're not confident in doing the job, practice on some other car in the junkyard first :)

frantik
04-26-2009, 07:56 PM
well i don't know jack bout pulling a tranny on a 3gee either but it might be a little more complicated than just unbolting shit. i swapped the tranny in my vw bus and we had to pull the whole engine to separate it from the tranny

edit: looks like some folks beat me to it, and with some actual info

you can use a jack to lower the tranny down if you're not into the whole, "unbolting and letting it fall on the ground" thing

A18A
04-26-2009, 10:29 PM
yeah that works too :)

Civic Accord Honda
04-26-2009, 10:59 PM
dont forget to remove the flywheel cover!!