PDA

View Full Version : Need help about bearing!

Gres
04-28-2009, 01:49 AM
Dear pals!
I would like to ask you for help, because in my country there is no possibility to order 91103-PC8-J01 bearing for gearbox (http://www.hondapartsnow.com/transmission_manual/m__04~1987~honda~accord~3dr_lxi~5mt~ka~mainshaft.h tml marked 16-th)
I am waiting about month for this part, and always receiving messages from all suppliers - "Rejected ". I don`t know what to do. The only way is to reassemble my gearbox with old bearing!:wtf: Any advices?

LX-incredible
04-28-2009, 08:27 AM
Honestly, I would reuse it if it looks/feels to be in good shape. Those needle bearings don't get much wear as they only serve to idle the gear when not engaged. Most rebuilds typically involve only replacing the 4 main bearings that support the shafts.

Dr_Snooz
04-28-2009, 07:44 PM
I'd just take it around to different tranny shops asking if they have something sitting around on their shelves. If you have a bearing supply place you can try that too. How bad is the one you have? Do you have pics?

Oldblueaccord
05-01-2009, 01:08 PM
There are several good bearing companies in the EU. SKF is one name that comes to mind. I would find a regular bearing supply company and bring the bearing to them to look at. The dimensons are on the Honda website you provided. There should be something out there for you.

wp

Gres
05-06-2009, 02:34 AM
Thanks for replies dudes! Unfortunately idon`t have pictures of this bearing but i have checked them properly and i didn`t find anything criminal in his work:confused: I have ordered once again this part from Germany (should waiting about 2 weeks) anyway this is the only one solution for this problem. Honestly i don`t see any problems with this bearing, but my technician told me that under loading there is some freeplay in it:confused: (it` s hard to believe, but this is the only one probable reason of strange noise at idle from gearbox). Thank you once again.