PDA

View Full Version : Its not always the difficult parts

mykwikcoupe
04-28-2009, 07:20 PM
89 accord lxi sedan. typical idle issues so i searched online and found the typical issues with EACV, IACV, TPS and other sensors that can alter the idling and emmissions. After cleaning and testing and verifying each part it turnsd out the hose that supplies the pcv to the intake was overstressed and would crush and collapse during regulor running. So all that work and it was a faulty vac leak it needed to run efficiently.

Thanks for all the help and input listed on the board. Oh and as poften as you can search and read old threads. Its amazing how much Ive forgotten on this site in the past 5 years

2ndGenGuy
04-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Glad to see you're getting your car up and running though man. Sounds like it's coming together very quickly! For as long as you said it sat, I can't believe you didn't have it running sooner! :)

mykwikcoupe
04-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Your reffering to the coupe in the garage. Still sitting, will be another few months at least. I need to finish obd1 upgrade and find someone to chip my ecu.

Tdurr
04-29-2009, 04:57 PM
very true man! im about to make a new thread after doing some searching and seeing something weird...