PDA

View Full Version : Where are good cheap suspention parts cheap?

-$MOKIN-
04-28-2009, 08:27 PM
:bong:

Gotta do some work on the suspention and brakes this weekend. Defently need new calipers , pads along with doing the outer tie rods and the lower ball joints.
Anyone got the deals on gettin these parts for cheap?
I was just goin to go to auto zone and get all of it for a reasonable deal but it thought id try to see what i would come up with on hea. Id like to a all new bushings on everything brakes and ball joints.

:rockon:

Rendon LX-i
04-28-2009, 08:42 PM
ummm napa your best bet or autozone...and still man ball joints are alittle spendy...

Civic Accord Honda
04-28-2009, 08:48 PM
"bestsuspension" on ebay , i got my tie rods from them great quality many others a agree with me and you cant beat the price!
http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/bestsuspension/

-$MOKIN-
04-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Do they have any complete kits?
wow really cheap parts way btter than auto zone
A kit would be nice

turabaka
04-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Don't forget that a lot of the parts at autozone are lifetime warranty. The ball joints on my prelude control arms are. So when it comes time to replace them again you won't have to pay for them.

Oldblueaccord
04-29-2009, 10:42 AM
:bong:

Gotta do some work on the suspention and brakes this weekend. Defently need new calipers , pads along with doing the outer tie rods and the lower ball joints.
Anyone got the deals on gettin these parts for cheap?
I was just goin to go to auto zone and get all of it for a reasonable deal but it thought id try to see what i would come up with on hea. Id like to a all new bushings on everything brakes and ball joints.

:rockon:

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64456

i got the uppers on that ebay link. its an old link, but there good dorman tiawan parts I am happy with them so far.

The rest of the stuff just about any reman is OK stuff. I got the regular,part house, lower BJ and there fine too. I would look at the boots quality. The 3, 5 stuuf the boots were lasting like a year on my car before they cracked.

wp

Rendon LX-i
04-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Don't forget that a lot of the parts at autozone are lifetime warranty. The ball joints on my prelude control arms are. So when it comes time to replace them again you won't have to pay for them.

And not all autozone shit cheap...YES the ebay cheap but you dont get lifefime warrenty lol :slap::bowrofl: but if its your beater then go ahead.

LX-incredible
04-29-2009, 02:57 PM
Personally, I would only go with moog, three five, or honda for stock replacement bushings and ball joints. Sometimes, if you're lucky rockauto will have "warehouse closeout" pricing on moog/555 stuff. Some deals can also be found on ebay. I recommend only using a moog lower ball joint, as the boots aren't rubber and last way longer. Remember that those limited lifetime warranties usually don't cover wear or the boots...

turabaka
04-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Personally, I would only go with moog, three five, or honda for stock replacement bushings and ball joints. Sometimes, if you're lucky rockauto will have "warehouse closeout" pricing on moog/555 stuff. Some deals can also be found on ebay. I recommend only using a moog lower ball joint, as the boots aren't rubber and last way longer. Remember that those limited lifetime warranties usually don't cover wear or the boots...

I don't know if they're all like this, but the autozone I work at will cover all wear and tear as long as you haven't been doing something stupid with it. Or you use it as a commercial vehicle aka taxi cab.

-$MOKIN-
04-29-2009, 05:47 PM
TO bad i cant just find kit somewhere eh ? With all bushings and ball joint tie rods and all the jazz to go wit it.Just to get it done with for its next 20 yeaR voyage.

Josh89accord
04-29-2009, 06:16 PM
I just got TRW outer Tie-rods 11.99, and I'm going to be getting MOOG lower ball-joints. 39.99 a piece, but in the long run worth it.

-$MOKIN-
04-30-2009, 08:45 AM
Anyone know where they sell a complete kit at?

snoopyloopy
04-30-2009, 10:21 PM
two years ago, i got some on ebay for $170 for the set for upper and lower control arms and tie rods for both sides. decent deal, but idk if they're selling still.

Civic Accord Honda
04-30-2009, 10:33 PM
they still have the complete kits i belive there 139 now

MessyHonda
05-01-2009, 12:08 AM
napa parts are good....if its not honda i use napa parts

-$MOKIN-
05-01-2009, 09:44 AM
they still have the complete kits i belive there 139 now

Still cant find anywere to sell the whole set. Where did you find a complete set for 139.. Becuase thats a steal and what im lookin for.
I dont really need the lower control arm but do want to replace the bushings on it. And was wanting to find a 83-87 Prelude upper control arm set for cheap too. But that might be a junkyard day.

Oldblueaccord
05-01-2009, 01:27 PM
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/World-Suspension__W0QQ_sidZ146149511?_nkw=88+accord

I usually dont do ebay stuff but this is the place I used I think.

wp

Civic Accord Honda
05-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Still cant find anywere to sell the whole set. Where did you find a complete set for 139.. Becuase thats a steal and what im lookin for.
I dont really need the lower control arm but do want to replace the bushings on it. And was wanting to find a 83-87 Prelude upper control arm set for cheap too. But that might be a junkyard day.

hmm cant seem to find it right now. someone most of bought it and they havent relisted another yet.