PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know if this is legal in Washington State?

charliekuney
04-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Okay, so Washington is one of the few states where you have to have a hideous front license plate, and I was wondering if doing this was legal, since you can barely see the plate:

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8628/sky2cn5.jpg

[photo cred: 'A20A3']

mykwikcoupe
04-28-2009, 09:13 PM
thats legal. you should be fine. they dont have to be centered just visible.

2ndGenGuy
04-28-2009, 09:45 PM
The cops won't consider it legal. They'll tell you that it's being obscured, and is illegible. You will get pulled over for it. Only because it's a Honda. Interpret the RCW as you feel fit.

The vehicle license number plates shall be attached conspicuously at the front and rear of each vehicle for which the same are issued and in such a manner that they can be plainly seen and read at all times. However, if only one license number plate is legally issued for any vehicle such plate shall be conspicuously attached to the rear of such vehicle. Each vehicle license number plate shall be placed or hung in a horizontal position at a distance of not more than four feet from the ground and shall be kept clean so as to be plainly seen and read at all times. In cases where the body construction of the vehicle is such that compliance with this section is impossible, permission to deviate therefrom may be granted by the state patrol. It shall be unlawful to display upon the front or rear of any vehicle, vehicle license number plate or plates other than those furnished by the director for such vehicle or to display upon any vehicle any vehicle license number plate or plates which have been in any manner changed, altered, disfigured or have become illegible. License plate frames may be used on vehicle license number plates only if the frames do not obscure license tabs or identifying letters or numbers on the plates and the plates can be plainly seen and read at all times. It is unlawful to use any holders, frames, or any materials that in any manner change, alter, or make the vehicle license number plates illegible. It shall be unlawful for any person to operate any vehicle unless there shall be displayed thereon valid vehicle license number plates attached as herein provided.

2drSE-i
04-29-2009, 03:35 AM
If you think about it, thats not a very "Conspicious" location for your license plate. Normally, if you even have to question the legality of something, you probably shouldn't do it ;-)

mykwikcoupe
04-29-2009, 07:55 AM
I used to have my plates mounted in different spots and the worst i ever got was a 'fit it' ticket. Basically they give you the minimunm fine and tell you to fix it. If you fix it fast like in a day and bring it to the police dept. theyll waive the ticket. I had a really well done up s-10 extreme back in 2000 and the strobes up front as well as the red headlights got me that ticket every week. I just swapped out the headlights each time and got the ticket removed. I was damn quick by the end of that truck.

itzdave
04-29-2009, 08:54 AM
damn washington and their gay laws. im keeping my car registered in oklahoma for as long as i can!

2drSE-i
04-29-2009, 12:28 PM
oklahoma ftw! no gay car laws here

ghettogeddy
04-29-2009, 12:56 PM
prolly get in more trouble for the tape on the headlight then the plate lol

mykwikcoupe
04-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Very gay laws. I took my 89 lxi sedan through emissions today 5 times before it passes. long story but if it fails on CO output check the coolant temp sensor on the thermostat housing. This was after a complete tune up with )@ sensors, cleaning every sensor there was that controls idle, checking timing. Turns out the ecu was flashing the whole time. lesson learned, always clear your codes.

charliekuney
04-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Damn. My license plate and the two mounts are pretty f*cked up on my car (previous owner's wife) and I've seen plenty of pictures like this, so I wanted to do it. Guess not.

Civic Accord Honda
04-29-2009, 05:04 PM
i had mine like that and didnt get pulled over and im in cali lol

2drSE-i
04-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Very gay laws. I took my 89 lxi sedan through emissions today 5 times before it passes. long story but if it fails on CO output check the coolant temp sensor on the thermostat housing. This was after a complete tune up with )@ sensors, cleaning every sensor there was that controls idle, checking timing. Turns out the ecu was flashing the whole time. lesson learned, always clear your codes.

he meant o2 sensors. If you hold shift on zero or two you get )@ lol.

I was like..........wtf is he talking about.

ZackieDarko
04-29-2009, 05:42 PM
as long as your car doesnt look like a piece of shit and you don't drive like a tard you can just have no front plate

I HAVE NEVER BEEN STOPED FOR NO FRONT PLATE...i once was doing 45 in a 35 saw a cop pulling out of a neighborhood in Kent cop saw me i saw him he busted out the radar gun just after i hit the brakes...no front plate...no stopy..nuthen

cliffs
-don't drive an ugly/shitty/busted ass car
-don't drive like a tard

Rendon LX-i
04-29-2009, 05:55 PM
yeah here is the same....but i asked if you can put it on the window...i seen a bunch a guys do that here but im not sure....im just going to relocate it..

accordion89
04-29-2009, 06:39 PM
I got a 250 ticket in lynnwood for "Improper display", I didnt have a front plate, I called the lynnwood police department to ask if Its legal to put it in my window, they said it had to be on the bumper

I just put one on my bumper because "improper display" is vague

Civic Accord Honda
04-29-2009, 06:45 PM
as long as your car doesnt look like a piece of shit and you don't drive like a tard you can just have no front plate

I HAVE NEVER BEEN STOPED FOR NO FRONT PLATE...i once was doing 45 in a 35 saw a cop pulling out of a neighborhood in Kent cop saw me i saw him he busted out the radar gun just after i hit the brakes...no front plate...no stopy..nuthen

cliffs
-don't drive an ugly/shitty/busted ass car
-don't drive like a tard

you forgot to add
dont have a fart can / bright color paint job (ie neon green) dont have blacked out tails / dont have body kit / no rice stuff at all lol

ryan2107
04-29-2009, 07:24 PM
ehh i got pullled over 2 times same day when i had my 90 honda accord,

I wanted to take it off this one too but no need for the hassel

mykwikcoupe
04-29-2009, 07:41 PM
no i meant co, we get tested on hc ppm, hydro carbon emisiions in ppm as well as carbon output i believe monoxide but could be wrong. it kept failing the co but passing the hc

2ndGenGuy
04-29-2009, 11:33 PM
I've had the no front plate ticket. And at the same time a ticket for not updating my address on my driver's license (I was at day 20, apparently it was a 15 day limit) even AFTER I was honest with him. And he tried to give me a ticket for no middle brake light. DIDN'T COME WITH ONE IN 1984, DICKHOLE. Why would you remove the 3rd brake like? Ran with no front plate for like 5 years too.

The fucking cop was such a PRICK that day. I should have called him a fucking asshole. Next time some shit like that happens, I'm yelling at the cop. I usually get pulled over by pretty nice cops, this guy was total fucking asshole. Nitpicking everything he could. No provocation at all. I wasn't even moving when he decided to flip around and pull me over. Fucking revenue scraper is all that guy was. Worthless piece of shit.

2drSE-i
04-30-2009, 06:16 AM
trust me 2ndgenguy, not a good idea to yell at him. As nitpicky as he was, you yell at him and hell get out the lawbook and find more shit wrong. Keep calm and collected, and take him to court, and your more likely to win.

2ndGenGuy
04-30-2009, 07:46 AM
trust me 2ndgenguy, not a good idea to yell at him. As nitpicky as he was, you yell at him and hell get out the lawbook and find more shit wrong. Keep calm and collected, and take him to court, and your more likely to win.

I know, but it would be so awesome! :lol:

accordion89
04-30-2009, 10:59 AM
And he tried to give me a ticket for no middle brake light. DIDN'T COME WITH ONE IN 1984, DICKHOLE.

that sucks! I took my middle light off because my subwoofers would shake it against the window, heard there was a rubber spacer for this but my car didnt have one when i bought it, havnt found one either

accordion89
04-30-2009, 11:00 AM
I'm never bringing a cop to court, they get paid overtime

mykwikcoupe
04-30-2009, 03:05 PM
I went to school with a punk rich kid in high school. he got pulled over driving daddies car and when the cop wrote him the infraction he kept dissing the cop. The cop kept writing infractions. Needles to say he missed football that day because his car was impounded for not safe to drive or some stuff. the cop actually measured tire wear, everything. the story was great. Not sure how the court session went or I forget?

2ndGenGuy
04-30-2009, 07:36 PM
I went to school with a punk rich kid in high school. he got pulled over driving daddies car and when the cop wrote him the infraction he kept dissing the cop. The cop kept writing infractions. Needles to say he missed football that day because his car was impounded for not safe to drive or some stuff. the cop actually measured tire wear, everything. the story was great. Not sure how the court session went or I forget?

Yeah and that's why I'd never really mouth off, as much as I want to. It's "yes sir, no sir, sorry sir, have a good day sir."

mykwikcoupe
05-04-2009, 10:18 AM
no way thats no fun at all. Im nice till Iknow Im getting the ticket then its Mr. Sassypant turn to play. I got pulled over doing 75 in a 60 by a cop with plastic hiar. Not gelled, moosed or styled. It looked like a straight from the box piece of shinny ass plastic. he comes up talking how us coasties (guys that live near the water from the west side of the mountains not the east like those hillbillies) never follow rules we just drive over to speed and kill deer or some shit. i barked back about the plastic hair and that shut him up real quick. he came back with a comment about my car being too low, tint too dark, exhaust too loud, etc. I started to say something about his appearance being too fat, slow, hairless. he told me to get the hell out of his county. It was great. I can still picture his plastic hair and laugh about it. Douglas County sucks

Civic Accord Honda
05-04-2009, 02:08 PM
no way thats no fun at all. Im nice till Iknow Im getting the ticket then its Mr. Sassypant turn to play. I got pulled over doing 75 in a 60 by a cop with plastic hiar. Not gelled, moosed or styled. It looked like a straight from the box piece of shinny ass plastic. he comes up talking how us coasties (guys that live near the water from the west side of the mountains not the east like those hillbillies) never follow rules we just drive over to speed and kill deer or some shit. i barked back about the plastic hair and that shut him up real quick. he came back with a comment about my car being too low, tint too dark, exhaust too loud, etc. I started to say something about his appearance being too fat, slow, hairless. he told me to get the hell out of his county. It was great. I can still picture his plastic hair and laugh about it. Douglas County sucks
:lol: :lol: :lol: