PDA

View Full Version : GSR swap update

wickedaccord
09-29-2002, 06:40 PM
well i finally got the car running correctly. and so far after about 200 miles, ive done about 5 races already. it very very tempting to rev the car and shift hard. but driving the car so far, i granny shift all the time. pretty much, no need to be shifting hard. second gear peels like a lil bitch, third gear would peel like how my sohc motor used to peel like. and so far, ive been able to take out a 94 del sol dohc vtec with i/h/e and 2k accord v6 i/e pullys. how do i know? hell they're my friends. and the other runs were a brand new X-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 all wheel drive 5 speed. i pretty much came from behind him off a left turn. i can say 3 gears only i had him by almost 3 car lengths which i could have kept going but scared the shit out of me. the other car was an 94 prelude vtec. unfortunately my friend with the del sol ran him first. i was behind the prelude and it was TOO obvious he shot nos on my friend and friend lost. i really didnt want to run him, but i jus couldnt lose this chance to surprise the mofo. so from behind the prelude on a right turn i pretty much flew by him 2 car lengths jus on 1st and 2nd gear. couldnt really do much to 3rd gear becuz of traffic. the guy wanted to do a freeway race but screw it, i already hurt my baby. the other victim was a (believe it or not) a 330 bmw. i ofcourse didnt want to run, the guy must have seen my DOHC VTEC plaque and cheap shotted me off a dead red, so i only did a rolling start with him. i didnt want to down shift to 2nd, so i used 3rd and softly let the gear engaged. as soon as my highend kicked, i passed him up. couldnt really tell how bad becuz when i passed him, he gave up. oh and also, whooped a gsr EASILY! so jus to let u all know wat this motor is capable of, and im still not done building it jus yet! this jus gives u a clue of wat a motor swap can do to others, surprise the hell out of ppl. ESPECIALLY in an 89 accord 4 DOOR!
:rice: :werd:

jon

shepherd79
09-29-2002, 06:48 PM
All i have to say ROCK ON!!!!
i wish i had money and efi 3geez.

MoonScryer
09-29-2002, 07:13 PM
Pictures, as always, would be nice...

88LXi68
09-29-2002, 07:20 PM
I posted them a couple weeks ago. check the pics section, maybe page2 or3

YK86
09-29-2002, 08:12 PM
Sweet! Good to hear is was worth it!

netfreak
09-29-2002, 09:00 PM
Damn that thing really flies..

2Fast_Fiero
09-29-2002, 09:18 PM
GSR Swap? That thing is only good for high speeds, You wont beat the Prelude off the line at all, unless you pull some money for high perf parts. That thing should be faster then fuck tho. Break her in and start playin, You realy should get all of us some time slips, I wanna find out how a B18C1 does in a 3G. That should be cool.

night
09-29-2002, 11:58 PM
you should be pushing high 14's when you learn to really drive it

wickedaccord
09-30-2002, 11:18 AM
i have to admit, i do feel the motor trying to pull the car a little in the low end, but otherwise it's VERY good. as for the prelude h22, like i said i pretty much slaughtered him. not to brag, but hell dont i have some kind of brag rights? haha! and i dont think he shot NOS on me tho. he probably wasted it on my friends car becuz he shot it off the red light. funny part is, he got cocky and actually gave me a little head start too on the right turn. big mistake. and also, i seriously doubt a prelude vtec with i/e would even be able to take me off the start. simply becuz, u cant compare a swapped car to a stock car. i gaurantee i will always jump ahead of cars, ALWAYS! unless ofcourse it's a 99 z28 or somethin like that haha!

jon

wickedaccord
09-30-2002, 11:24 AM
by the way, u guys probably had this happen to u guys already. last night, pulled up to a 99 model lexus GS300. those bastards!! laughed at my car and did a VROOM VROOM noise out of his mouth. awww shit he jus had to talk his shit. got his little bad ass deap dish 18's on pimpin an shit. thank god my car is bone stock looking. only 94 GSR wheels lowered and THAT'S IT! no more greddy lip no more wing. jus trying to look as stock as possible! true sleeper! screw it, green light, took off normal and i let him take off first! then i gunned it. 1st 2nd gear and i was already almost 3 car lengths. but thanks a lot guys. i hope someday u all will be able to do this. hope im SOME kind of inspiration to u to do this. late

jon

wickedaccord
09-30-2002, 11:30 AM
damn last thing of all.. on the GS300, i only rev to 6000rpm. prelude vtec, i had to rev 8 grand ofcourse. accordv6 and delsol dohc vtec, max 7grand. on the jaguar, 8grand. on the bmw 330, did a rolling and reved to only 6500 on 3rd gear. and i have not even done a real take off. only normal take offs then gunning it. not jus that, im granny shifting always and have yet to take it to 9grand which i can. good luck guys. thanks for the support. also, it was 10 wires on the ecu part that had to be swapped around. sucked ass hardcore. late

jon

Site
09-30-2002, 12:09 PM
Your car , engine and your "sleeper" attitude are FREAKING AMAZING! Cool to see you getting so much satisfaction out of it! You totally have braggin' rights. Thanks for posting you experiences so far - I can see others being inspired and following your footsteps.

anchovies
09-30-2002, 02:09 PM
wanna trade cars :D

2Fast_Fiero
09-30-2002, 03:19 PM
You slaughtered a H22A1 with a B18C1? STOCK? Or did you fix up your B18? And about the lexus, You should not have let him get ahead of you no mater what, you should have blown his doors off, and at the next light laughed at him, and then made a vroom vroom noise with your mouth.

wickedaccord
10-01-2002, 10:54 AM
yep, took out an h22 with i/e might of had headers dont know so that will always be a question. this guy was a sleeper too. some ugly ass rims lowered. dirty as f**k and shoots nos. but ofcourse my motor is hooked up. otherwise i dont think i wouldve been able to take him out u know? basic cai/e, SKUNK2 INTAKE MANIFOLD, 64MM THROTTLE BODY (TRADED 67MM) AND HAVE YET TO USE THE THROTTLE BODY. USING STOCK RIGHT NOW. RC INJECTORS (270). SKUNK2 DUAL SPRINGS AND TITANIUM RETAINERS, SKUNK2 CAM GEARS, MUGEN ECU, IGNITION SYSTEM (HAVE YET TO USE ALSO) JDM DC SPORTS HEADERS, AND FUEL PRESSURE RISER. so there r some stuff i still need to do to give jus a little more OOMPFF!!! but yea that damn lexus, i was gonna wait for him and do the exact same thing he did to me and laugh at him, but he made a sudden left.. bastard.... and this is FREAKING AMAZING. especially on a 4 door, surprise the hell out of EVERYONE! only thing that throws it off is the dohc vtec badge in the back but they'll most likely laugh at me for having that anyways which is wat i want! i tell u guys, it is totally HILARIOUS to have a true sleeper. BONE stock, GSR wheels., and guess wat. no worry's about cops! my muffler is dead quiet when i cruise at a constant speed. regardless at 50mph or 45mph. it is DEAD quiet. ofcourse that's jus becuz of my muffler, but it's wat i want. sshhhh... *whispers* sleeper. but jus to let u guys also get a clue of how much potential this motor has. believe it or not. last night, z28 (automatic) punked my friends del sol dohc vtec. we were on a two laner, so i pulled behind the z28 becuz a car was on the left lane. both of us took off normally then punched it at the same time. he had about a car length in front of me, so 1st gear it stayed the same until my high end, 2nd gear i started to pull on him. up infront of his back bumper, 3rd gear. IT WAS OVER! pulled like a little bitch with my hood in front of him. 4th gear, i pulled to a full car length EASILY then shut it off right away and hazard him. and think about this, i only rev to 7500rpm. i couldve gone to 9 if i had chose to. ofcourse it was a stock z28. had it have i/e i dont know. but there'll be a day for that. as for the b16, im jus glad i didnt get one. judging by my friends del sol, it revs too slow. maybe it's becuz of my mods, but i hit vtec before he does all the time. whether it's 2nd gear or 3rd gear. even 4th. if u get into my car for a test drive.. then into his car. u'll be disappointed in his car and will notice the slower rev. and the del sol does have i/h/e fuel pressure riser. so i hope u guys take this swap to a good consideration. ofcourse if they h22 was available i would have dont a type-s swap instead of wat i have now. but no regrets. if u need some pointers jus ask. thanks

jon

wickedaccord
10-01-2002, 11:05 AM
http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6367

Jims 86LXI HB
10-01-2002, 12:33 PM
Ya know I went looking for this answer and couldn't find it at lease I don't think I found it.
What has been done or added to the motor that is beyond stock?

I know about the Skunk2 intake manifold, but what else. Piston's?, cam?, throttle body? air/fuel controler/pressure regulator?, Vtec controller?, header? ect. Exhaust system? Please list everything in a reply.

I only want wickedaccord to reply please.

88LXi68
10-01-2002, 03:04 PM
Jim I know you asked just for Wicked Accord to respond but check the last reply on page 1 of this thread. He lists it all there. once again sorry.

2Fast_Fiero
10-01-2002, 07:45 PM
Having a kick ass sleeper like you do is killer. I wish I didn't live where I do, I'm gonna most likely have to move before I start fixing up my Accord cause I just found out today, they are not only banning Racing, they are banning any thing involving noises with your car, If you have a loud muffler, they will tow your car for a few months, if you have a loud stereo, they will tow your car for a few months. So they are goin against everything, I allready got like 4 people from New Jersey's car club JHR (Jersey Hell Raisers) wanting to come down here and rebell against the state and organize a big group of protesters to go against all of it. I wanna move anyways so its just gonna probably hold back alot of my mods until I can leave this horid state.

Jims 86LXI HB
10-01-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by 88LXi68
Jim I know you asked just for Wicked Accord to respond but check the last reply on page 1 of this thread. He lists it all there. once again sorry.

Awe, that's cool:wave: You knew just where the pin point answer I was looking for was, thanks.:)

89AccordNate
10-02-2002, 07:57 AM
MSI i think 4 is your lucky number, you have 4 people for your AMAZING swap and 4 people to protest! Wow, you are making NO progess on anything here...

Nate.

joker2
10-02-2002, 08:13 AM
Well, why doesn't your boy, with the del sol, just invest in a Vtec controller, that way he can dial in where he wants it to kick in......:confused: :confused:

wickedaccord
10-03-2002, 11:03 AM
wow sucks to hear about that noise pollution crap. but i seriously doubt they'll tow 1000s of cars. i think they're jus trying to scare ppl. i remember the same incident here in so cal. nothing ever changed really. as for my friend with the del sol.. he jus got the car. so he's still trying to figure out wat to do first. im pretty sure he'll use a GSR ecu later. but he has plans to do cams springs and retainers first. if anything, CTR stuffs.

jon

superaccord
10-05-2002, 10:01 AM
MY girlfriend has an h22 prelude, and she smokes gsrs bad, all she has is i/e. at sea level her car runs 15.0 with the right driver.

1989se-i
10-05-2002, 12:07 PM
i want a gsr :(

Neuspeed87lx
10-07-2002, 04:43 AM
holy snhit ...all im gona say holy snhit

wickedaccord
10-07-2002, 10:15 AM
well if ur gf's car.. (hence i said car) and not her ran 15 flat at sea level and i took out one with ease. then jus imagine my 400m e.t.'s im also at sea level where i live. and jus the other day. u guys can believe it or not, but i never saw the back of a 2002 mustang GT. it was off a dip so we never really had a dead run. even if we did i still think i wouldve pulled from him becuz off a dip, we both punched it at the same time. then 1st and 2nd gear i pulled to almost a car length. then on 3rd and 4th he started inching up on me. it didnt surprise me at all becuz i know the stangs 3rd would be powerful anyways. so we raced 3 more times. ofcourse i had the upper hand on him. everytime we ran he was behind me trying to catch up and never did. twice he didnt catch up to me. we did about 95mph but since im not the type who likes to max out. im pretty sure if it was a quarter mile run he might of jus been up my ass. awesome run, the guy jus nod his head at me and gave a half smile so he knew wat's up. heheheeeeeeeeeee

jon

netfreak
10-07-2002, 04:07 PM
the 2002 mustang GT has a 4.8L 320hp engine..... was he running on 3 wheels or something?

89AccordNate
10-07-2002, 04:36 PM
Weight to power ratios are a terrible thing!

Nate.

mike_fx_u
10-08-2002, 07:29 AM
major props on your swap. i just put a new engine in my 89 accord but it was the stock replacement. I didn't have time or money at the time to consider doing a upgrade swap but my next project will be a 92 Civic (CX or VX) with a H22A. Again major props on sticking with the accord.

wickedaccord
10-09-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by 89AccordNate
Weight to power ratios are a terrible thing!

Nate.

im glad u noticed that. a lot of people here think it's all about hp or tq but it's not. jus cuz it's got 320hp doesnt mean it's a super fast car. well yea it is a fast car, but hp doesnt always count. my friends that own GT's all have the same problem. it lags in the beginning. an example., a 2000 maxima. wat do they rate it at?? 240 or 260 hp? yea 260hp to carry that damn heavy ass car. and the new maxima coming out.. already gonna be rated at 280hp i believe, but again. look at the weight, they jus added an extra 200 or so pounds to it! so cars like that to me, is a waste of hp. even the RSX, 200hp. it's a 3000 pound car. no wonder it runs 15.1 and the TYPE R at 2600 pounds is doing 14.8 or so. genrally i always like to look at power to weight ratio. that's y when i beat the jaguar XTYPE from behind. it surprise the hell out of me becuz that car is all wheel drive with a 40/60 wheel distribution. im glad my car is still a 2600 pound car. by the way, last time i did a smog check. my car weighed in at 2800 pounds with a 12inch sub two amps and almost full tank of gas. not bad for our cars eh guys? thanks a lot again for the props though. i hope u guys take this into strong consideration. doesnt mean u have to do wat i did, but like i said. u can never compare to a swap. take it easy

:bow: jon
"peoples expression when they see my back bumper":wtf:

89AccordNate
10-11-2002, 07:19 PM
Thank god I have a dx, because if not, I would be swapping just for shits and giggles....lol.

Nate.

Sean
10-11-2002, 08:11 PM
what yr was the z28 becuase i know you didnt whoop up on a 94 or later. these thing are factory 13second cars. shit the newer 98 and up cars are running very close to 12's out the showroom door. i know maybe your pushhing mid 14's at best so please clairfy what yr the camaro was ??

wickedaccord
10-13-2002, 11:29 AM
the camaro was i know for sure an auto. and it was atleast a 98. u can believe wat u want i dont care. but it's wat happened. i didnt go 95mph for nothing u know... as for those cars.. yes they r high 13 second cars from wat i see in motor trend. but i like looking a road and track rather than motor trend becuz motor trend is professionally driven. road and track r guys like us. so u cant tell me ur actually going to drive that z28 to 13 seconds! it also depends on the time of day and weather. expecially if it's an auto, that thing WILL not run high 13's like the stick will.

jon

wickedaccord
10-14-2002, 09:47 AM
welp! for those who still come here to read my post. sunday was sunday night races. so lots of cruisers.. jus so happen an 97 eclipse GST with intake and exhaust pulled up. beat him off the line taking off normally by almost 2 car lengths.. hmm.. so i wonder, wat does this guy have. on a rolling start.. he killed me.. WTF! well not really but i could barely keep up with his rolling.. so later when we had a dead run again at a red light.. i killed him this time by 3 car lengths.. find out this guy was shooting NOS on me. everytime he shifted my friend said his car was puffing out white smoke mixed with black smoke like crazy.. bastard! and sorry socal3rdgen.. this happened when u left my house.. it was when we dropped off my friend so u missed out on the action bro haha! maybe next time eh. by the way.. socal3rdgen would be the first ever 3geez member to of taken a ride with me in my car and cruised with friends and i in my car. he also witnessed me beating an oldschool montecarlo.

jon

socal3rdgen
10-14-2002, 10:15 AM
:super: hell yeah. Damn dude i missed the action. oh well i still seen enough. sux when they only run when they have nos. best believe ill be crusing by when im up and running again. I got lost 3 times coming back :lol it was fun though.

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7581

A20A1
10-14-2002, 01:14 PM
You could get quad TB's I think... from TWM.

1989 DX R
10-14-2002, 02:35 PM
Aye.

Quad TB's = the goodness.

I'm just gonna keep my car stock, and get some new seats and shit for now. I'm gonna get my paws on a Mk II Supra, get a 6M-GE and turbo that bitch.