PDA

View Full Version : H22/5 speed?

LXiHatch88
05-01-2009, 07:04 AM
My buddy recently totaled his '97 Prelude. Took a corner too fast, lost control and hit a tree. Only had liability on it, and he just traded his dirt bike for another vehicle, so he has the Prelude just sitting around now. He's planning to part it out. Perfectly good H22 and 5 speed in it. Anyone ever tried to swap one into a 3g? I'm sure it would be a lot of work, but it would be awesome in my '88 Hatch..

Rendon LX-i
05-01-2009, 11:06 AM
oh yeah can be done...if he hooks it up...then all you got to do is pay for some mounts and BAM 200hp....Tommy has a h22,some other guys do to..can be done

Tdurr
05-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Yea, i deff say get it, and find a machine shop that will hook you up and build some mounts. would be a balling swap in a hatch!

Rendon LX-i
05-01-2009, 05:29 PM
LOL.....true sleeper...ITS fun i tell you what when you have some powa lol..to clown some vtaks...A if i can wax a moded k series with my little motor then a h22 would kill in a hatch

2drSE-i
05-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Let me add some information to this thread... Its hard as fuck. Theres only two people (that i'm aware of) that have done this swap. One put it in and provided no information about how they got it done. The other let us know that he had to swap to a tubular frame because it wouldn't fit very well. Basically, its gonna be a ton of work. If you can get a machine shop to do the legwork and r&d, it ain't gonna be cheap. Then you need to figure out axles, wiring, the transmission, etc.

I'm really not trying to discourage you, but I think you need to be aware that this is gonna be a major project. It WILL be worth it if you succeed.

LXiHatch88
05-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Thanks, good to know. I may just borrow it from him and try to test fit it before I commit to buying. I work at a fabrication shop, so the mounts probably wouldn't be a problem.

Tdurr
05-05-2009, 07:34 PM
well if u get legit mounts made.. im sure ppl would by them(like me!)

alberto
05-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Hey vato I have a friend who is cusing of a navor that knos this guy tha t is going to gime me his for only 600$ .
Then of course I haf 2 check the vin no:deal: and then this other vato that some one else know's has the hoke up with some federales at a Tijuana yunk yard and they have all kind's of Accord and yes SE-I as well , but than again it is tj all of your socal car end up here eniwey ese.

Tdurr
05-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Hey vato I have a friend who is cusing of a navor that knos this guy tha t is going to gime me his for only 600$ .
Then of course I haf 2 check the vin no:deal: and then this other vato that some one else know's has the hoke up with some federales at a Tijuana yunk yard and they have all kind's of Accord and yes SE-I as well , but than again it is tj all of your socal car end up here eniwey ese.

In english please.

cubert
05-06-2009, 05:22 PM

http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/I-dont-understand-what-your-saying/2/Understand-Panda.jpg

2drSE-i
05-06-2009, 07:43 PM

Hello friend, I have a friend who is the cousin of a neighbor that knows this guy that is going to give me his car for only $600.

Then, of course, i have to check the vehicle identification number. :deal: Then, this other guy that someone else knows has to hook up with some police officers at a Tijuana Junk Yard, which has a lot of accords, even an SE-i! But then again, it is Tijuana, which is where all of your Southern California cars windup anyway dude.

Alberto, necessito anglais por favor.