PDA

View Full Version : Need a lil more power!!!

SILENT
05-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Hey you guy i just got my SEI running good. I replaced my head gasket and had my head rebuilt also added a new radiator... perfomance wise i added sri soon to be a cai and port and polished exhaust mani... also have 2 1/4 catback to a cherry bomb turbo muffler!!! I want a lil more go... so im going to add some e3 spark plugs and ngk wires!!! i was thinking about a fuel pressure regulator maybe jack up the fuel pressure... what the best fuel pressure for my sei??? what are some cheap mods that will give me a lil more go???

fijisac
05-02-2009, 06:31 PM
if its fi then make a poor man's intake, if its carb:wtf: do SE-i come carb? well i'm not sure but u can get a fuel pressure regulator to increase pressure.

russiankid
05-02-2009, 06:34 PM
SE-i's only came fuel injected. Putting in more fuel will not yield performance as your computer is not registering more fuel. You may just have the car running rich for a bit, but then the computer will reduce how much the injectors are working thus you're back to where you started. Different spark plugs and wires will not yield performance either.

Joay
05-02-2009, 06:47 PM
SE-i's only came fuel injected. Putting in more fuel will not yield performance as your computer is not registering more fuel. You may just have the car running rich for a bit, but then the computer will reduce how much the injectors are working thus you're back to where you started. Different spark plugs and wires will not yield performance either.
:werd:

I don't understand what makes people with two-liter Hondas spend money on 'performance' ignition. If you had a bigass V8 or some boost, you might get a little bump from a nice coil or expensive wires. As it is, an old A20 will do just fine with OE wires & plugs. If you're looking for power, find the weak point in your engine and start there. The intake, for instance (while hardly effective by itself), was a good call. Couple that with a nice header and exhaust system and you'll get some results.

Civic Accord Honda
05-02-2009, 06:52 PM
MSD blaster coil 2 , NGK wires amd NGK V power plugs is all you need. dont go buying some expensive plugs when the ngks are best

as for proformance , you can get a cam from bisi, and get a header from pace setters
and btw SRI is best for response

clark_486
05-10-2009, 04:41 PM
do we want the 8202 or the 8203[inc ballast] for the Blaster 2

ans: 2802 w/o ballast