PDA

View Full Version : folding fogs on ebay price?

mykwikcoupe
05-04-2009, 08:11 AM
So Ive got a set and its complete but the fogs themselves have seen better days. these are listed out as 450 bucks and Im wondering if anyone else thinks thats a little high oir just me. Ive got some projects to finish up and bills to pay but if they are still around ina while, which my guess is they will be, I may try to find another set. Whats everyone elses take on the cost.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270371085800&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=

ghettogeddy
05-04-2009, 08:13 AM
to be honest that's the price of b series mounts and the wire upgrades

of course not a bseries itself
but its the most important parts of the swap

if it were me i would not pay more then maybe 200 for folding fogs

Joay
05-04-2009, 08:14 AM
:eek: Yeah, that's a smidge high.
But, you never know. Maybe someone will grab them (doubt they'll be from this site, though).

phillie
05-04-2009, 08:55 AM
I love stuff no one has but theres no way I'll pay that price. That dude has had them up for along time. If you decide to sell them and have a fair price pm me. I'll probably pick them up from you.

Joay
05-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Do you source JDM stuff all the time? Cause I have a wishlist. :D

mykwikcoupe
05-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Yeah Im in the hard to find list myself. Thankfully Ive been around a while and have most everything. The only thing id still source is a digital dash complete with climate controls but since in manual trtansm,ission form they dont exist to my knowledge thats out of the ball park.

The mugen oarts would be cool to start to find but out of my pricerange.

Ive already got a pri kit and a b18c so thats covered already. Im going to start that swap on my hatch when my b20a swap is up and runinng.

90% of my parts have been from this site with the last 10% being ebay finds and word of mouth. keep yout eyes peeled and the lookout on. Tommy used to find b20a engine before anyone knew they were for sale. It was amazing.

AccordB20A
05-04-2009, 01:34 PM
the thing is: WHERE are you going to find tidy folding foglights for cheaper. They just arent around anymore. and he might probably even get that 450 for the fogs from some prelude owner since accord owners are lowballers. lol

if you want mint JDM you got to pay for it y0. but yes 450 is probably a bit steep

Civic Accord Honda
05-04-2009, 01:48 PM
worth it becuase there super rare and how many other people have folding foglights? :D

AccordB20A
05-04-2009, 02:26 PM
i can name like 3

carotman
05-04-2009, 03:13 PM
I has a minty pair :D

w261w261
05-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Well, I know this is going to be a minority opinion here, but I think that the original Accord fogs, and these fogs, do not make the car look better. I think they're too big, stick out too far, and make the appearance of the front end unbalanced and too "square." I prefer the small round PIAA or similar fogs that are set into the grill and mounted closer to the centerline. Maybe if you have one of the big front valences the rectangular fogs could be set in better, but in that case the visual damage has already been done so the fogs can't make it much worse. Oh yeah, and those flip-up covers? I think you REALLY gotta be in love with the exclusivity or wish you were driving around Tokyo 20 years ago. Not to mention having something hanging off the front of your car that practically screams "STEAL ME!"

<donning flame-retardant garb>

Tdurr
05-04-2009, 05:57 PM
^^ well said. I hate the look of the fogs. stick wayyyy to far out.

mykwikcoupe
05-04-2009, 07:12 PM
I has a minty pair :D

bastard, whats your address so I can write you a mean email? The more I hear from that side of the continent the more i want to take a drive. im sure John turk would be good for a drive to see rob, Jean, and the rest of the east coast groupies. Lets seepics Jean. Mine is great except the actual fogs themselves.

Ive asked 3 times to see a pic of the other fog and he has yet to show me. He has 2 pics of the same corner. If Im dropping that kind of cion I want a pic of everything.

Think of the money to be made over there B20aaccord. You find me a minty set and you can to get rich quick. That and a 5 speed version of the digital dash

AccordB20A
05-04-2009, 08:03 PM
believe me i am thinking of the money that can be made. I think i have the only 5 speed digital dash around

Steve_Si
05-04-2009, 11:51 PM
Holy crap what a waste of money :P

The set I sold you was literally US$25 from a junk yard for the fogs, and the wiring was from a donor car.

Even if I went to the most expensive junk yard here, it might be somewhere near 1/2 the price you are looking at paying here (at the very most).

I'm going to the expensive junk yard this week. Will let you know if they have any.

Joay
05-05-2009, 02:35 AM
Holy crap what a waste of money :P

The set I sold you was literally US$25 from a junk yard for the fogs, and the wiring was from a donor car.

Even if I went to the most expensive junk yard here, it might be somewhere near 1/2 the price you are looking at paying here (at the very most).

I'm going to the expensive junk yard this week. Will let you know if they have any.
Well, yeah, but the point is that we can't just go to the junkyard over here. Obviously the fogs, as a car part, aren't worth that much. What makes them valuable is the fact that they come from halfway around the world and not just anyone can go snag some from a yard.

Steve_Si
05-05-2009, 03:00 AM
Well, yeah, but the point is that we can't just go to the junkyard over here. Obviously the fogs, as a car part, aren't worth that much. What makes them valuable is the fact that they come from halfway around the world and not just anyone can go snag some from a yard.

Yes I understand that these sorts of parts are not easily obtainable in the North American market.

What I meant was that even with shipping, I sold an entire set for under US$100 shipped (I think?). Fogs, wires, switch, brackets. Even if I had to pay heaps more for the fogs locally, I could still do it for less than 1/2 the ebay price.

I'm not 100% sure I can find more fogs, however the set I sold mykwikcoupe came from the first junk yard I tried which was only 3 minutes drive from my house. Should be more around. I'm quite far away from AccordB20A and 3GCVC, the market here is completely untapped, mainly due to my own lazyness :(

mykwikcoupe
05-05-2009, 05:45 AM
hahha great reasoning steve.

Joay
05-05-2009, 06:13 AM
Yes I understand that these sorts of parts are not easily obtainable in the North American market.

What I meant was that even with shipping, I sold an entire set for under US$100 shipped (I think?). Fogs, wires, switch, brackets. Even if I had to pay heaps more for the fogs locally, I could still do it for less than 1/2 the ebay price.

I'm not 100% sure I can find more fogs, however the set I sold mykwikcoupe came from the first junk yard I tried which was only 3 minutes drive from my house. Should be more around. I'm quite far away from AccordB20A and 3GCVC, the market here is completely untapped, mainly due to my own lazyness :(
$450 is an extreme example, but I think a lot of people (especially anyone dealing in the Civic / Integra market) know they can get away with price gouging, so they do. That's cool of you to be a good citizen, but you're probably in the minority.

If you ever happen across any stationary fogs I'm looking for a set. :)

wprocomp
05-05-2009, 07:28 AM
he dosen't even have them in stock yet-I talked to this guy on the phone (poor english) about them and they are supposed to be coming in a container ship-so he dosen't know what they will look like when they get here,that's why he has not gotten anymore pics of them-I asked him if he even knew for sure if they work and he didn't know-I am not paying for something that he dosen't even know if they work

imo that price is a joke-I would pay $250max and for that much they better be in damn good shape

mykwikcoupe
05-05-2009, 08:08 AM
he dosen't even have them in stock yet-I talked to this guy on the phone (poor english) about them and they are supposed to be coming in a container ship-so he dosen't know what they will look like when they get here,that's why he has not gotten anymore pics of them-I asked him if he even knew for sure if they work and he didn't know-I am not paying for something that he dosen't even know if they work

imo that price is a joke-I would pay $250max and for that much they better be in damn good shape

wow that helps out alot. i think Ill wait till the price drops at least in half. The one pic he has looked promising but not even knowing if they work. im a no go on that one.

AccordB20A
05-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Yeah we need to come down in a camper van and whore the south island parts yards and fill it up and take them home the yards up here are pretty whored, Lucky pick a part changes cars regularly.

Steve_Si
05-05-2009, 02:37 PM
$450 is an extreme example, but I think a lot of people (especially anyone dealing in the Civic / Integra market) know they can get away with price gouging, so they do. That's cool of you to be a good citizen, but you're probably in the minority.

If you ever happen across any stationary fogs I'm looking for a set. :)

You mean the yellow fogs for a 88-89 bumper? I would have thought the other New Zealanders would have some available.

You got 2 options there

Expensive - I go to a junk yard tomorrow and they are in the USA within 2 weeks. Probably around $160 shipped.

"Cheap" - I whore Trademe (NZ's ebay) until I find them locally, pick them up for pocket change. Probably around $100 shipped. Pity about the shipping cost lol

AccordB20A
05-05-2009, 03:19 PM
^^hard to find in good condition by the way the surrounds like to rust and 99% of lenses have cracks lol im glad ive got a mint set i just needa put them on my car, im tempted to sell them but meh

Steve_Si
05-05-2009, 05:04 PM
^^hard to find in good condition by the way the surrounds like to rust and 99% of lenses have cracks lol im glad ive got a mint set i just needa put them on my car, im tempted to sell them but meh

It's quite dry here in Christchurch :)

Worst case is I just go to Strong Honda, they'll have anything... for a price :(

AccordB20A
05-05-2009, 05:11 PM
they wont have a digital dash i bet lol

mykwikcoupe
05-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Id be in for a $100 set in time but not right now. Save me a set thats super minty and charge me for it later. You know the usual stuff to look for. digi parts and such.

Joay
05-05-2009, 11:48 PM
You mean the yellow fogs for a 88-89 bumper? I would have thought the other New Zealanders would have some available.

You got 2 options there

Expensive - I go to a junk yard tomorrow and they are in the USA within 2 weeks. Probably around $160 shipped.

"Cheap" - I whore Trademe (NZ's ebay) until I find them locally, pick them up for pocket change. Probably around $100 shipped. Pity about the shipping cost lol
I don't mind waiting for a nice set to come around, but if you know of a mint pair in a yard somewhere by all means go get 'em.

AccordB20A
05-06-2009, 01:52 AM
even with normal 88-89 accord fogs, they are the same fogs as a ef civic, so they can sell for more so people like my mate alex who does this sort of stuff for a living (ish) will sell for the max price, he doesnt ask massive prices tho (unless mega rare) its the people that bid on them lol

i try to get the accord parts off him and sell em discounted to you guys...

Steve_Si
05-06-2009, 02:37 AM
Didn't end up going to the junk yard.

My first stop was the dealership to get some Honda ATF for the Orthia. They were able to sell me the parts I was after brand new, for less than the junkyard wanted.

I'll just whore Trademe and the local paper :)

Joay
05-06-2009, 03:42 AM
even with normal 88-89 accord fogs, they are the same fogs as a ef civic, so they can sell for more so people like my mate alex who does this sort of stuff for a living (ish) will sell for the max price, he doesnt ask massive prices tho (unless mega rare) its the people that bid on them lol

i try to get the accord parts off him and sell em discounted to you guys...
Somewhat OT but I thought you might know: will EF/ED Civic steering wheels fit the 3G?

Didn't end up going to the junk yard.

My first stop was the dealership to get some Honda ATF for the Orthia. They were able to sell me the parts I was after brand new, for less than the junkyard wanted.

I'll just whore Trademe and the local paper :)
TY :)

wprocomp
05-06-2009, 06:40 AM
only RARE part I would pay up for would be a set of coupe Visors-but lol good luck finding those

MessyHonda
05-06-2009, 06:50 AM
only RARE part I would pay up for would be a set of coupe Visors-but lol good luck finding those

yeah...i only hear myths about thoes

mykwikcoupe
05-06-2009, 07:01 AM
coupe visor? Like the sun visor?

A18A
05-06-2009, 07:08 AM
as in door/window visors http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8028/crsm0000000000.jpg

mykwikcoupe
05-06-2009, 09:44 AM
oh ok I see. i thought that was all taken care of with the preludes being a super close fit anyways

wprocomp
05-06-2009, 09:59 AM
yeah stick on ones seem to kinda work-don't see the oem ones working though

MessyHonda
05-06-2009, 09:02 PM
yeah...i have yet to see a set...im wondering if the 4th gen coupe ones would work...i saw a guy who has them and i wanted to ask him if i could take a closer look