PDA

View Full Version : Main Relay, Agian

Coitis1
09-29-2002, 08:42 PM
just a quickie. a while back when i asked about my fuel relay, it came up that when u turn ur key you should be able to hear a couple of whoosh sounds before the check engine light went off. i was told it's the fuel pump coming on. well back then i was able to hear it, but now i can't. my car still starts fine but it's just kinda wierd not hearing it. i might not be listening hard enough but is there a reason i don't hear this, yet the car always starts? oops, i guess that wasn't too much of a quickie. thanks for any info.

Immeraufdemhund
09-30-2002, 06:10 AM
if it wasn't working you'd know about it rather quickly. Could be many reasons why you can't hear it now. How loud have you had your radio? Do you work in a loud environment. Are your windows up? Did you do anything to the car to make it quieter in the cabin? that sorta stuff ya know.

ACCORD EX
09-30-2002, 01:41 PM
i wouldn't worry about it as long as it starts fine hot and cold ! :D

MIKE

smufguy
10-01-2002, 01:23 PM
oh shit u dont hear anything??? thats bad man. its ur fuel pump going bad, it would start but its ur fuel pump thats going bad.

hahahaa, just kidding. dont mind me, i am having pms

like mike said, i wont be worried if the car starts fine in cold and hot.

badzook2
10-16-2002, 02:27 AM
:pissed: I have an 87 lxi efi and i dont any power going to my fuel pump and i checked all my fuses and there all good except for one of them thats up under the hood thats label injector, but would stop my fuel pump from working?

pss i help fast its my daily driver