PDA

View Full Version : bad tranny noises

ryan88lxi
09-29-2002, 08:52 PM
just thought that some of you would like to know about what im gonna do to my car . :D well ne ways, my dad bought me my car an 88 lxi about 2 months ago and i drove it for about a month before the engine threw a rod:mad: so its been sitting in my driveway for the better part of a month now and about 2 days ago me and my dad finally sat down and decided what to do with it. we ordered a rebuilt bottom end from fourstarengines (new rods pistons rings etc) which is the regular accord efi from a 3rd gen and then we ordered the race package from gude performancewhich includes a high compression cylinder head (11:1:1 i think) a ported intake manifold a high velocity throttle body and a race ground camshaft. the stuff is coming in about a week anda half and it should be out of the shop in abouta month, when the work is done i wil be sure to post some pics. heh yeah i know too much info but just thought yall might be interested :wave:

ryan

ryan88lxi
09-29-2002, 08:53 PM
whoops i dunno why i wrote bad tranny noises as the topic, my bad

netfreak
09-29-2002, 09:37 PM
lol...

I'm having bad tranny noises. They aren't fun! Good luck with your mods

POS carb
09-30-2002, 02:47 PM
lol your tranny is going to be making bad noises when you run all that power through it! have fun! :p

ryan88lxi
09-30-2002, 08:51 PM
actually, now that i think of it, when my car did run, when i would take it up to the redline and shift fast into second gear, sometimes the gears will grind a little, kinda fast and high pitched, i wonder if this is a problem with the syncrhos or what, i duno much about transmissions, its the second tranny in the car, the guy before me put another used one in cuz the first one got canned for some reason or another, but the thing im worried aboutwhen i get those mods is how the clutch is gonna hold up oh well, i guess we'll see

ryan88lxi
10-04-2002, 02:42 PM
Ryan... babe... maybe that sound was a sign that you shouldn't have been driving like that??