PDA

View Full Version : battery light

jazzy
05-05-2009, 04:38 PM
hey guys i have an 88 dx carb and this morning i was driving and i noticed my battery light was on i already put a new battery in but it wont turn off thnx guys

jasonrebellion
05-05-2009, 05:01 PM
probably means your alternator isn't charging.....your old battery might not have been bad and even if it was, it could have been caused by the alternator going out..could've killed a cell

turabaka
05-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Go to autozone or shmucks or whatever autoparts store is near you, and have them test your alternator. That'll tell you if it's bad or not.

ghettogeddy
05-05-2009, 09:22 PM
most likely the alt is bad

have fun pullin that driverside Axle

turabaka
05-05-2009, 10:23 PM
most likely the alt is bad

have fun pullin that driverside Axle

You can actually pull the alt on the carb models without having to pull the driver side axle. Last time I changed one I snaked it under the manifold and out the passenger side. The only trouble I had was getting it around one of the heater hoses, and I think I had to disconnect the speedometer cable.

ghettogeddy
05-05-2009, 10:27 PM
You can actually pull the alt on the carb models without having to pull the driver side axle. Last time I changed one I snaked it under the manifold and out the passenger side. The only trouble I had was getting it around one of the heater hoses, and I think I had to disconnect the speedometer cable.

well id did nime and it takes like no time at all to pull the axle

MessyHonda
05-06-2009, 08:29 PM
yeah...does your stereo work...when mine started to die the stereo had little noise....also check your batt terminals that they have a good ground.