PDA

View Full Version : looking for accord/ clifford alarm wiring breakdown

mykwikcoupe
05-06-2009, 03:42 PM
I know some people in here work in the audio industry or have vast rescources in the field. Ive got 90+ of the wiring figured out I just want to make sure Im good to go so when it comes time to start the car I dont have any worries or questions. Also how does one convert a manual lock coupe to auto locks? Im also going to be wiring it be a remote start but have a manual transmission. Im not using the starter disable relay since my ecu tunning program offers a starter disable program through software as opposed to hardware. Basically Ive got the window kit so I can control the windows through the remote. itll act as the alram for door opening, glass breaks, tilt, motion/vibration. Should be pretty easy to wire id image but well see in the end.

ghettogeddy
05-06-2009, 03:49 PM
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1673/wiringu.jpg

mykwikcoupe
05-06-2009, 04:51 PM
on the door trigger, is there a different wire for each door, how do you know which door your tieing into?

The 12volt power is this switched or unswitched? Im guessing unswitched and the ignition wire is the switched wire?

Who has cool pics of how they mounted the valet buttons and the led.

ghettogeddy
05-06-2009, 05:04 PM
i mounted the led on the lil empty plate on the dash

valet needs to go were no one knows lol

just hide it somewhere

and as far as i know the door triger is just the dome light trigger should be the same for all doors

this is making me want to install my alarm

mykwikcoupe
05-06-2009, 05:24 PM
ok I didnt think of the courtesy light door trigger. Fo some reason i was thinking of the door open display on the gauge cluster. Ive had my alarm some time and finally getting around to it.

As a matter of opinion. Its a 89 accord with some nice parts on it not a new lexus or acura. ive got the pizio vibration trigger right now. Is it really worth it to add the proximity sensors? My last alarm falsed alot and thats what i was told it was.

I was planning on mounting the brain under the center console under the tape holder thingy/cupholder option. It seems centrally located and easy to get to. i doubt anyone would ever look for a brain in my car if it wasnt for the led.

The manual says to mount the valet switch in an easily noticable location and the unit is called like open air switch or something like that. my last car it was mounted under the steering wheel by the vent controls but it was a momentary push button switch not the dual switch the clifford has.

ghettogeddy
05-06-2009, 05:35 PM
to be honest the valet switch is useless if someone gets into your car to steal it thats what they go for first so tuck it somewere were only you know lol plus its not like you use valet anywhere and if you do they have your keys lol

ya and i would saty away from proximity sensors
there still to buggy

now my install is going to suck a lil lol cant figure what the white one on the p7 connects to first before the relay and the coil and what it connects to on the coil

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/7175/1010053r.th.jpg (http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1010053r.jpg)

mykwikcoupe
05-06-2009, 06:03 PM
at least you have a diagram. Stupid clifford makes you download the owners manual but doesnt keep the links active. Good luck finding a manual for a G4 solaris with remote start

ghettogeddy
05-06-2009, 06:21 PM
so what im thinking is i have to tap the line into the ign wire then to the coil but i still dont know

maybe i can just go to the ignition

or if its just ignition cutoff i could care less lol

ghettogeddy
05-06-2009, 06:28 PM
http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/og/clifford/solaris_owners.pdf

there is the useres manual

but cliffod does not supply wiring diagrams cause they expect you to have them installed by a professional dealer recommend installer

The best I can find is this

Wiring Description for the 24-Pin Connector
Pin Wire Color Con nects to
1 White/Blue Remotely Adjustable Dual-Zone Piezo Sensor input
2 White/Violet Pulse out before remote start (-) and upon disarming
3 Black/Gray RPM input
4 Blue/Green Reverse light input (+)
5 White Valet switch input (-)
6 Orange Optional sensor input
7 White/Black Hood trigger input (-)
8 Gray/Yellow Trunk trigger input (-)
9 Blue/White Brake light input (+) (and relay shown if manual transmission)
10 Black Ground for Dual-Zone Piezo, optional sensor, LED and valet switch
11 Red Power for Dual-Zone Piezo, optional sensor
12 Black Ground (-)
13 Gray/Green Door lock output (+) or (-)
14 Green Armed output (-)
15 Violet/White Pulse out after remote start (-) and upon arming
16 Gray/Violet Auxiliary A output (-)
17 Gray/Orange Door unlock (+) or (-)
18 Red Battery (+) with 5-amp fuse
19 Violet LED output
20 Yellow Siren (-)
21 Blue/Black Heater 2 relay output if needed (-)
22 Brown/Red Interior light supply input (+) or (-)
23 Gray Door trigger (+) or (-)
24 Blue/Orange Negative out when started
Wiring Description for the 12-Pin Connector
Pin Wire Color Con nects to
1 Red Battery (+) with 30-amp fuse
2 Gray Heater/AC output
3 Green/Blue Coil side - ignition (+) (and relay shown if manual transmission)
4 Red Battery (+) with 30-amp fuse
5 Red Battery (+) with 20-amp fuse
6 Brown Parking light output (+)
7 White/Green Key side - starter input (+)
8 Orange Accessory output
9 Brown Parking light output (+)
10 White/Blue Starter side - starter output (+)
11 Not used Not used
12 White/Brown Key side - ignition input (+)

mykwikcoupe
05-06-2009, 06:49 PM
I found that but I dont see why, where I would need a relay or anything. If I use the starter kill then you but if I just use the rtemote start i wonder if its needed then. Im reading a ton on the12volt.com but nothing is for my application just general and I havent checked if honda is + swith or - switch

mykwikcoupe
05-06-2009, 08:29 PM
the manual download didnt work for me. Im wondering if the relays are biult into the solaris brain for the starter, ignition controls? There are 4 30amp wires that feed the brain and Im guessing so but id like to know so I dont ruin it. It appears the only relay i need to supply is the one for the remote start? Can anyone verify this for me.

mykwikcoupe
05-06-2009, 10:17 PM
http://www.directed.com/guides/manuals/ig/clifford/solaris_install.pdf got it. this will make it very easy hopefully.

On a side note, when i tie in the door trigger (courtesy light), should I go through the added steps to tie in the hatch trigger like a trunk lock. I know the dash pic can tell when its open and i was thinking of doing it but it seems easier to just use the easiest connection and call it good at that and not mess with the extra work of extra wires just so it can tell me what door was tampered with.

ghettogeddy
05-06-2009, 10:22 PM
no do it to
cause if someone pops your trunk it wont go off
unless the shock sensor picks it up

mykwikcoupe
05-10-2009, 09:43 PM
got everything figured out only how do i locate a 3amp diode?

Hauntd ca3
06-09-2009, 12:28 AM
radio shack or an auto electrician should have a 3amp diode