PDA

View Full Version : Alarm ?????

GreenMachine
09-29-2002, 10:26 PM
Okay, got my clifford G4 alarm installed. It was pretty easy, except wiring the door locks so haven't bothered yet. Buttt I attach the power up after 30 sec or soo it beeps at me cause the hood was open and the door. Then the fuckin thing goes off ( ear bleeding loud, wtf) so I go for the valet switch, use the factory code. Nada still blarin, then the key/ring button does nothin, I beleive ya have to program it. Anyone have expierence in this ? When i printed the install manual 2 months ago, I guess I didn't prtint the whole thing, know its not on there f'nn site. ANy sugg so i don't have to pay for someone to do this :angry:

RobT5580
09-30-2002, 10:02 AM
You do have to program the control when you install it by using the valet switch but it is different for each alarm. Mine you have to switch the ignition on/off so many times then hold the valet switch to start the activation process. You will need to get that info in order to do it.

GreenMachine
09-30-2002, 08:19 PM
I'm so pissed about this alarm, clifford did have a complete 18pg install guide on there site now i guess they took it off so looks like i'll have to pay some tool just to set up my alarm after I did all the work. :rant:
Or else they'll say they can't cause I wired it, Ya that would be grrreat ! :mad:

catalin
09-30-2002, 09:44 PM
Which Model Clifford did you install?? I will be able to help you.

GreenMachine
10-01-2002, 02:04 PM
The Cyber 4 its the new G4 tecnology model, or whatever....
The siren went off when I hooked it up so I pulled the power, now if i connect it, it will go off again. Any help would be apprecieted

catalin
10-01-2002, 08:57 PM
It sounds like to me that the last time the alarm was used, before you purchased it, it was armed. The reason why I say that is all the G4 Cliffords that I worked with had the ability at 'remember' the last condition the alarm was in. Either armed or disarmed.
Regardless though, two ways you can stop it from sounding is by using the remote or using the valet switch.
The alarm should come with a coded valet switch. All those alarms came pre-set to '2' on the valet switch. To turn the siren off you have to turn the ignition on, hook up power to alarm and if it sounds push the star side of the switch twice and then the flat smooth side once and hold for a second. That should turn it off.
If your remote doesn't work I would do the above and then program the remote again. The programming procedures will be outlined in either the owners or install manual. If you can provide me a model name of the system then I can most likely find you a copy of a manual.

GreenMachine
10-02-2002, 10:57 PM
Well.. you know your stuff, are ya an installer ?
Well I beleive the model is CYBER 4, I'll check and verify that.
The manual has NO install or remote programing instructions.
I did print off an install manual couple months ago, just not the complete manual so i'm missin the steps how to program the remote, ( ya wasn't to bright )
Thanks for your help

good to see another there is another local on the board.. :D

catalin
10-02-2002, 11:09 PM
Sure no problem, if you need anymore help you where I am.

I manage two install bays for Future Shop in Richmond and I actually need a couple of installers. If you're willing to drive all the way that is..:) or if you know anyone that may be interested please forward them to me, preferably to [email protected]

thanks

GreenMachine
10-03-2002, 10:17 PM
If ya can let me know how to program the remote that would be helpful . thanks

catalin
10-03-2002, 10:54 PM
Here you go...http://members.shaw.ca/ccapota/cyber4manual.pdf

GreenMachine
10-06-2002, 02:24 PM
Thank ya ......

GreenMachine
10-08-2002, 04:05 PM
so I hooked Up the power with the ign on, The valet switch does not turn the siren off....:pissed:

So soon as i hook it up i get the siren and can't get rid off it to program the remote. So a local shop said they Might hook it up for $130 ??? There not sure cause i wired it of course ....

So I'm gonna get a hold of a friend out in Van and see if he can't do it. My luck I got a faulty alarm :( :rant:

catalin
10-08-2002, 05:47 PM
Sometimes if you over tighten the valet switch it won't work, or the code has been changed...