PDA

View Full Version : any available short shifters???

89coupe lxi
05-10-2009, 04:11 AM
Whats up people? Happy to be a new member here. This forum is giving me alot of help and advice. This is my first post, so work with me. I have been searching for other short shifters that will fit my 89 lxi coupe, and still havent found what i am looking for. So i am asking, is there any short shifters that will fit my 89 coupe? And if there is, what are they? My next question is a how to, but i will ask that question in the right place after i get some feedback. Thanks for all your help. Keep up the great work guys/girls.

Joay
05-10-2009, 05:14 AM
Pacesetter made one but it's long since gone out of production. The best option now is to get an 88-00 Civic / 90-93 Integra shifter and use the Civic cage.

88-00 Civic and 90-93 Integra will work with the civic cage, and an extra accord ball seat spacer and circlip. I gave the cage a wrap or two of electrical tape to fit snug. Less play than a rebuilt stock setup, and shorter shifts of course!

90-93 Integra will not fit properly without the civic cage and extra accord parts.

:welcome:

89coupe lxi
05-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks. Really appreciate it.:thumbup:

import racer
05-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Make your own,several members on here have done it.