PDA

View Full Version : Low Idle after stopping...

hikingmatt
05-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Ok.. I have an 88 Accord LX-i and once my car warms up to normal temp and I have to stop a red light or stop sign my idle will drop down to like 100 then gradually idle back up to a normal level. It does not stall out but it is starting to get very annoying!! What could be causing this?

I did try search for a previous post on this but could not find this kind of situation sorry if there is a similar post.

thanks for any help

AccordB20A
05-11-2009, 03:40 PM
does it idle slower when you press the brakes??

hikingmatt
05-11-2009, 03:50 PM
does it idle slower when you press the brakes??

If you mean when I am stopped and press the brake pedal again the idle doesn't change or if it does the idle goes up.

mykwikcoupe
05-11-2009, 08:08 PM
mine does this also and Im sure it has to due with kinked/pinched water lines between the TB, IACV, EACV on the intake. They route from the water pipe through the IACV to the TB over to the EACV(I think this is what its called) back to the Tstat housing through a tee fitting of sorts. mine is pinched under the intake beacuse I used a goodyear hose as well as from the TB to EACV. If this is true it gives you something to check at least

hikingmatt
05-12-2009, 06:40 PM
mine does this also and Im sure it has to due with kinked/pinched water lines between the TB, IACV, EACV on the intake. They route from the water pipe through the IACV to the TB over to the EACV(I think this is what its called) back to the Tstat housing through a tee fitting of sorts. mine is pinched under the intake beacuse I used a goodyear hose as well as from the TB to EACV. If this is true it gives you something to check at least

I checked the hoses and they all looked ok??

nswst8
05-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Clean the IACV, mine had eratic idle as well, cleaned it and it helped alot, I think the rest of my problem lies with the EGR.

Coolbusracer
05-14-2009, 09:44 AM
I also have a similar problem on my 86 DX hatch....
the car after warmed up wants to idle at 550-200 rpms, depending on how much electrical pull i have.... one thing i did that helped was i rewound the ground strap coming off the valve cover.... Although it didn't really raise the rpms much, it MASSIVELY helped the vibration.... anybody else with ideas?????

jdmca6
05-18-2009, 09:17 AM
i have a similar problem, rpms drop baddly when im in a stop with my turning signals on. i re did my grounding but i didnt add any more ground cables.
where can i add an extra ground cable?