PDA

View Full Version : Newbie saying hello

moorevisual
05-12-2009, 07:52 AM
Just wanted to introduce ourselves to the community. Me and my buddy are a couple of 30-something's who were heavy into the scene in the early to mid 90's and we have just taken on the task of resurecting his '89 LX 4-door automatic.

This particular car has been sitting up untouched for about 9 years. We'd been talking about doing a project car for a while now and decided 'why not the accord?!' The car already had some mods including lowered shocks and some trim accessories. A full body kit was purchased for the car back then but was never installed. So we decided to make this car something of an ode to our youth and we're inspired by what was hot in customizing when we were young - lowriders. Now I know this styling may be frowned upon by many on this forum, but we like the idea of creating something that hasn't been seen in a while.

We will be adding pictures soon, but so far we've added some old school 13x7 reverse roadster wire wheels with 185/60 tires, mocked up the 4 piece body kit and wing, and replaced the radiator and water pump. The next task we will be to get the brakes right (possibly replacing the master cylinder) and an overall tune-up so we can get this thing on the road. Then we will start molding in the kit and doing the body work (not much required). We're going to do the flip flop trunk and would like to do a headlight mod (we've seen some interesting ideas on here, would like to see some more). Eventually want to suicide the back doors and do something interesting with the hood. Also on the menu is a full length sliding rag top. Then of course comes the paint (still undecided on the color but leaning toward a dodge/chevy stock orange). We've also talked about getting a set of racing rims so we can switch the style up from time to time.

Anyway, just wanted to say "Hi" and thank you guys for being a valuable resource.

2oodoor
05-12-2009, 01:44 PM
welcome, no frowning upon from this perspective, sounds like a great project to me

itzdave
05-13-2009, 07:20 AM
cant wait to see the pix! i got my start in the lowrider scene...

thegreatdane
05-13-2009, 09:09 AM
Cool, welcome. I'm curious which bodykit it is!

moorevisual
05-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Cool, welcome. I'm curious which bodykit it is!

It's the old Kaminari 4 piece (fiberglass), actually for an '86 so we had to tweak it a little. The wing I;m not sure of. I'll try to get some pics up real soon.

codyJDM
05-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Sounds like a fun project. If it's low, I'll appreciate it :D Welcome to the board.

Pico
05-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Welcome :wave:
I'm not into wires on a Honda, but thats just me, having grown up in the lowriding scene.
Cant wait to see pics of the car.

Dr_Snooz
05-13-2009, 08:00 PM
Welcome! Good luck with the build and post up pics ASAP!

Rendon LX-i
05-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Welcome...what are you plans and where the pics?

MessyHonda
05-17-2009, 07:34 AM
no pics?....lol no rush....yet

Nafs Asdf
05-17-2009, 08:57 AM
no pics?....lol no rush....yet

Or you could look in the thread they made ;)
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68897