PDA

View Full Version : Headlight help..

CzEcHy
05-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Alright so I'm looking to make my 88LX pop-ups really shine, I'd like to get the nice blue I see in newer luxury car (or similar), the ones that blind me when they are behind me you know?

Where would I start? I know I need new housing, but what kind/size/etc.. and then, what kind of bulbs would make such a nice blue and bright color? (I'm going to take a wild guess and say HID), right now I'm just using silverstar sealed beams, I forgot what they are exactly but I think it's like 4500k? They are boring, and white, and not as bright as I wanted..

Any help and websites/common autoparts places, would be appreciated, thanks

86AccordLxi
05-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Cibie or Hella h4 housings and good bulbs.

No HIDS in h4 housings.

Look for the other HID thread from last week and read through, and read some of the links I posted.

Tdurr
05-13-2009, 06:50 PM
cibie, hella, or autopal(google his name) housings and HID's work fine. Seen it with my own eyes... more then once.

or u can do that and get some super fucking expensive bulbs for the "HID look"(like 35 bucks lol)

Civic Accord Honda
05-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Cibie or Hella h4 housings and good bulbs.

No HIDS in h4 housings.

Look for the other HID thread from last week and read through, and read some of the links I posted.

exactly

MessyHonda
05-17-2009, 07:32 AM
if you want bright you might have to run fog lights too

epic1400cs
05-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Two of my friends in Japan had water leak with Cibie units on Accord so if you live in area with lots of rain, be careful. Resolution is to attach a flap made out of thin rubber sheet at the rear of the retractable light cover so that the rain water coming from the gap between bonnet and the pop up cover will not hit the back of the Cibie directly. This was actually done by Cibie dealership in Japan and it works very well. The reason for the leak seems to be that the Cibie are made in France and they don't have many retractable light cars so they didn't make the bulb rubber seal tight enough when they were stored face down plus loads of water poured on top!
You can see the pic here, (http://groups.google.co.jp/group/aerodeck/web/ca1ca3) half way down on the right, below the digital counter.

If you use harogen bulb rather than HID, I recommend highest wattage bulb the law in your area allows plus install separate wiring harness + relay kit specially for head lamps. I used Cibie harness+relay kit back in 80's and you can tell it is brighter than without.

w261w261
05-25-2009, 04:25 PM
I don't think Cibie is much of a factor in the USA any more. They were big in the 80's - I used to put them in all my cars & trucks. Hella works fine in the Accord, at least in mine for the past 6 years.

epic1400cs
05-25-2009, 04:38 PM
I don't think Cibie is much of a factor in the USA any more. They were big in the 80's - I used to put them in all my cars & trucks. Hella works fine in the Accord, at least in mine for the past 6 years.
Shame that Cibie is not very popular anymore, not only in US but in UK, too, as most cars now have unique shape light unit. Otherwise Cibie lens have excellent lens cut thats why they were used dominantly in rally scene.