PDA

View Full Version : Current Pics

guaynabo89
09-30-2002, 10:25 AM
I have a couple of pictures I took recently and was wondering if someone would like to post them for me.;)

Site
09-30-2002, 10:59 AM
I will post them. Send them to [email protected]
:D

guaynabo89
09-30-2002, 11:13 AM
Thanks guys for offering to post them for me.:)

Site
09-30-2002, 11:40 AM
Here's the pics. His car looks great!

Site
09-30-2002, 11:41 AM
Pic 2

Site
Pic 3

Site
Pic 4

Site
09-30-2002, 11:42 AM
Pic 5

Site
09-30-2002, 11:42 AM
Pic 6

89accordlxi
09-30-2002, 11:53 AM
OMFG!!!:omg: That engine bay is sweet. Would it be possible to get a run down on mods and parts used.. Looking good..

Peace out....

guaynabo89
09-30-2002, 12:23 PM
Thats my wife in my car, I took the pictures. The last pic is of her car.(note the GirlieGirlRacing sticker)

I should get bonus points on the last pic. Theres 3 accords in it.:lol

smufguy
09-30-2002, 12:59 PM
nice car man. Love to see ppl taking 3gs out to car shows. cant wait to get my car running, painted and take it to one.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
09-30-2002, 02:58 PM
Girlie girl Racing!! Dat shit sucks!!! anybody can become a member!!! sign up!! they send u a sticker!! viola!! car looks kewl

Mantis88LX
09-30-2002, 03:15 PM
that is nice, and keep the spoiler cuz it looks great.

how low is it droped?

1989 DX R
09-30-2002, 03:39 PM
That third pic almost looks like an old-school Supra, like a MkII

iiviasterp
09-30-2002, 08:21 PM
that car is slick lookin..... i love the rims... id also like to know all the mods..... they look pretty extensive...

GreenMachine
09-30-2002, 08:30 PM
What is with the sun roof, Is it custom ?
Looks sweet nice ride !

A20A1
09-30-2002, 08:51 PM
What kinda MSD coil is that, next to the MSD Control BOX... I assume it's a coil right?

ryan88lxi
09-30-2002, 09:11 PM
wow thats the nicest 3gee hb ive ever seen, lookes super clean and love the engine bay, tell us about the mods!

anchovies
09-30-2002, 11:49 PM
sweeeeetttt!!
very nice :D

amalgumjoe
10-01-2002, 12:46 AM
That last pic looked kinda like my driveway at one point....my brother had a 4th gen my mom has a 5th gen and dad has a 6th gen.

1989se-i
10-01-2002, 10:40 AM
2 words: swa-eet.

How many ponies she got?

guaynabo89
10-01-2002, 04:43 PM
Thanks for all the positive comments.

As far as mods go heremods (http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2625&perpage=15&highlight=list%20your%20mods&pagenumber=2)

Thre's alot of little things that would take a couple of pages to list, like can anyone guess what front lip I have?

As far as how low it is. It has H&R 1.5 drop and I had an extra 3/8 of an inch trimmed off the front springs. I think it usually looks a little higher it might have been all the stuff that was inside the car.

I did have the sunroof put in its a regular aftermarket one but, it gives the car a newer style the way it goes over the roof like that.

Yes that is the coil next to the ignition box its the msd blaster ss coil.

As far as horespower it dynoed 124 at the wheels two years ago and that was with the 17 inch rims running 205/45/17 tires.
with some light weight rims ant if I would have taken the accesory belts off I probably would have pulled more lik130 -132 at the wheels. I'm currently working on some camshafts to see how much more I can gain. Those hp numbers were with the stock camsaft.

Last time I heard Girlie Girl Racing was a clothing line not an all out car club.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
10-01-2002, 05:00 PM
Ok Smart ass!!! I know they are a clothing line!!! But They also got those Girliegirl racing stickers!! and just like ur g/f did!! They put them on their cars!!! and u can spot them at car shows hanging and meeting so called girlie racers!! I see a few them here in nYc!! If I see one!! I will take a pic!! Hopefully I wont get arrested or Killed by the police!!!Girl Car Pics (http://www.girliegirlracing.com/html/gallery.asp)

MyGarbageLXi
10-01-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by 1989 DX R
That third pic almost looks like an old-school Supra, like a MkII

i was thinkin the same thing

guaynabo89
10-01-2002, 05:43 PM
Ok Smart ass!!!

What's with all the anger there slim? Relax some before you start cursing at people for no reason:rolleyes:

and just like ur g/f did!!

That's wife. I'm a little older than you think.

so called girlie racers!!

Do you have something against women who hook up their cars?

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
10-01-2002, 06:10 PM
:huh: Not anger!! U posted something relating to something I posted! I was not aware that we could curse at each other over the internet!! Must be an FL thing?

Originally posted by guaynabo89

What's with all the anger there slim? Relax some before you start cursing at people for no reason:rolleyes:

oH Really!! Hope it Works out!:rolleyes: That's wife. I'm a little older than you think.

No!! Free country!! I think!
Do you have something against women who hook up their cars?
Bottom line!!! Smart Ass Comment was not meant to start a post fight!! Just answered in the same manner you did!! Did u mean to curse at me? no!!
:rolleyes:

guaynabo89
10-01-2002, 06:59 PM
:rolleyes:

anchovies
10-01-2002, 07:50 PM
I don't see a lip..oh i think i see it, it's black..mmmm
that's 86-87 type bumper..mmmm.......mmmm

.dunno

joker2
10-02-2002, 07:27 AM
Yo guaynabo89, how's FL treating you??? I see your car is looking nice as always....... That block is almost ready to go in as soon as all the head/intake man. work is done at the shop.....:D :D

88LXi68
10-02-2002, 11:18 AM
Guaynabo - I dont mean to start any problems with you but I have a serious question. You say you only got about 130hp to the wheels. I saw all your mods. is there something wrong with the engine? Once again, I am not trying to start problems, but Openloop got 140hp to the wheels with no internal work except for a cam. I just thought with all your goodies you should be around 160to the wheels?? Is the cam where it is at for our car's?? please dont get mad.

guaynabo89
10-02-2002, 11:30 AM
joker2

Glad to hear everything is going ok for you.Let me know when you finish and how it runs.

88LXi68

That's nothing for me to get mad about. I too think it should be putting a little more to the wheels with what I have. I've made a couple of mods since I got it dynoed like 2 years ago so I'm hoping it will be past the 140 mark. As far as for the camshaft thats where all the power is in a n/a engine. The stock camshaft doesn't give you anything past like 5grand. Bottom line is I have to fine tune alot of things on the car to finally see how much its really putting out. Those numbers I dynoed were pretty disappointing but, it pulls alot harder than it did back then.

Hopefully I can find somplace to tune it around here. When I do that I'll post some numbers.

P.S. This cars not staying n/a for long.:D

88LXi68
10-02-2002, 11:36 AM
ok thanks for not getting mad. I just wasnt sure how you would take it. i didnt want to come across as "knocking" your car and your work down. You going to be using some n2o?

anchovies
10-02-2002, 01:45 PM
just what I was thinking about guaynabo89's mods. But I dunno how to bring it up in a safe way

guaynabo89, can I be 1st in line for parts :D

chronicsinners
10-02-2002, 07:01 PM
one of the mods must have deleted my post WTF? i definflty remebr posting here, but its gone now. hrmm. how do i know there is rebuttle to the lose the spoiler comment i made. oh well.

Red88Hatch
10-02-2002, 08:20 PM
i agree, very nice hatchback... but you have a little head dangling from your spoiler?? might want to get that removed

AccordEXI
10-03-2002, 10:22 AM
Couple questions, where did you get the cam gear and what car is that intake from. I assume you modified it to fit. Thanks.

guaynabo89
10-03-2002, 01:01 PM
AccordEXI

The cam gear I had made from someone I know with a shop. He makes stuff out of aluminum mostly. The intake I bought aluminum mandrel bent pieces at the angles i requested and trimmed everything to fit.

Red88Hatch

What do you mean? Is it that in the one pic you can see someones head through the spoiler.

chronicsinners

What did you say? The spoiler looks ten times better in person. The pictures make it look real high but its not.

As far as hp you have to remember justanothermike is running an all out race cam in his. He said he had to keep the idle past 1250 for it to stay on. Plus it has alot more than just a cam. Here are its specs

Engine: Honda A20A3 Fuel Injected
Stock Bottom End
Custom Ground Cam
Adjustable Cam Gear
DC Sports Header
Straight pipe
Cat Back Exhaust
Weapon R Intake
MSD 7AL-2
MSD Blaster Coil
Venom Injectors
Big Bore Throttle Body
Ported Intake Manifold
B & M Fuel Pressure Regulator
Battery Moved to Trunk
Custom Underdrive Crank Pulley

Theres only been 3 people on this board who have posted dyno numbers for their cars. Thats justanothermike, carotman, and me. I don't even have the prooof anymore. These cars only made about 90-100 hp at best to the wheels. When I talked to Javier at JG he was impressed that the car did so well on the stock camshaft.

Take carotmans run I think he got something like 83whp but, he said it was in a bad state of tune. So after he fixed it he would have probably gotten more like a 90 or something.

Theres one thing I regret and I'm going to share with all of you. If you going to have pistons made and are looking for some real power don't go with a 10 to 1 compresion. I would say more like 11 to 1 to notice something. The only bad part about running that much higher compression is that your actually going to have to take it somewhere to get tuned or you'd blow up the engine.

There's also one thing I really want to check out next time I make it to the dyno. I want to see if i can fid a set of 14" or 15" alum wheels and compare numbers from my curent setup and some light weight wheels. I remember either S.S.C. or S.S. did an article on how plus sizes affect horsepower and 17 and 18 inch wheel lost lik 8 hp on a civic. So I want to seehow much hp my wheels take from me.:)

Sorry abou the rant I just have alot of ideas in my head.

Site
10-03-2002, 01:27 PM
Thanks for answering everyone's questions and sharing the experiences of modding your car. It's good to have someone that's been there/done that and can guide the rest of us. I've learned a lot just reading through this thread.

MoonScryer
10-03-2002, 02:51 PM
I saw it in person :D

Dude, that car is so sweet. GDGuy11B and myself were the ones that talked to you real fast as you were driving by, if you remember. We couldn't get over how smooth the body was on your car.

Again, sweet ride. Maybe see ya sometime around FLA?

chronicsinners
10-03-2002, 03:05 PM
i hope its not as high as it looks in the pics, i recall i said somethin to the effect of "is that a supra spoiler? yea, do you drive a supra? NO, but otherwise i say good". overall one of the cleaner carfs on this site, congrats

guaynabo89
10-04-2002, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by chronicsinners
"is that a supra spoiler? yea, do you drive a supra?

lol:lol Its not that high. Its actually a midwing. I have a picture somewhere from the side where you can tell it not that high. Have to see if I can find it.

MoonScryer1

Yeah I remember. I told GDGuy11B that Iwould have liked to talk to you guys but, at the time I just wanted to hurry up and park. You know we were in traffic for 3 ours to finally get inside! I thought you lived in Georgia.

89lxi95zx7
10-04-2002, 06:07 AM
i like the red under the hood,i'm going w/ blue myself.

Site
10-04-2002, 10:10 AM
lol Its not that high. Its actually a midwing. I have a picture somewhere from the side where you can tell it not that high. Have to see if I can find it.

Here ya go!

carotman
10-05-2002, 01:00 PM
130 hp at the wheels is nice!

My dyno run was weird, I had no power part 5000. So I guess that I would get arouns 95-100 at the wheels (I'm being optimistic)

Chubs87Accord
10-05-2002, 05:33 PM
yeah 130 is better than 98, lol... id kill her 130

Chubs87Accord
10-05-2002, 05:34 PM
hmm... i would kill for 130... not her.. dont worry no ones dying... i just think im retarded

Justanothermike
10-06-2002, 02:22 AM
AccordEXI

As far as hp you have to remember justanothermike is running an all out race cam in his. He said he had to keep the idle past 1250 for it to stay on. Plus it has alot more than just a cam. Here are its specs

Engine: Honda A20A3 Fuel Injected
Stock Bottom End
Custom Ground Cam
Adjustable Cam Gear
DC Sports Header
Straight pipe
Cat Back Exhaust
Weapon R Intake
MSD 7AL-2
MSD Blaster Coil
Venom Injectors
Big Bore Throttle Body
Ported Intake Manifold
B & M Fuel Pressure Regulator
Battery Moved to Trunk
Custom Underdrive Crank Pulley

Theres only been 3 people on this board who have posted dyno numbers for their cars. Thats justanothermike, carotman, and me. I don't even have the prooof anymore. These cars only made about 90-100 hp at best to the wheels. When I talked to Javier at JG he was impressed that the car did so well on the stock camshaft.

Take carotmans run I think he got something like 83whp but, he said it was in a bad state of tune. So after he fixed it he would have probably gotten more like a 90 or something.

U know i don't know why everyone always make it seem like what was done to the white car is out of this world. "hes making 140 hp at the wheels..........but look at his mods list..........it goes on and on and on and on:eek: :omg: "

Everything done to that car u can do to!! i am really surprised that there aren't a lot of other accords running in the 15s. The A20 is a highly detuned machine and moding it produces a lot of power. with ur basic mods like I/H/E/straight pipe u should get 110-120 at the wheels(assuming u have 88-89LXi:) ). Thats stage1, which i consider pretty much a given. Next u get the cam, tb, intake manifold(this bad boy is ported with dremel man oh and lose those stupid buterflys:mad:),ignition, and fuel. thats stage2 which would put u at 130-138. stage3(still to come) would be complete balanced botom end, higher compression, head port and polish/valve job, and serious computer work. i wouldn't be surpriesed with 160-180 at the wheels.

and it idles at around 1grand or a smige over..not so bad and top end is fawking nutz:D

Justanothermike
10-06-2002, 02:30 AM
CAROTMAN: i think u should get ur car running properly or wut not and get it dynoed again or take it to the track before u swap in the B20. u know like finish wut u started and serve the A20 some justice. i wouldn't want to just through it out like a heap of trash....doing that might make the b20 swap not seems as impressive:eek:

guaynabo89
10-06-2002, 03:14 AM
What are your camshaft specs, duration, lift, poqwerband and stuf? Did you lose low end tourque with it or did it stay about the same? Do you have any problems with the car stalling?

I'm really looking for a camshaft that can give me the most power I can get without getting theTRAH-TRAH-TRAH-TRAH idle.

joker2
10-09-2002, 04:01 AM
Yo, I've been thinking about getting rid of the butterflys myself but I'd never heard of anyone doing it!!!! Did you loose any bottom end by doing that??? I need to know as much as possible because, as you know, I'm building this engine to be a beast........:devil: :devil:

carotman
10-09-2002, 05:19 AM
I might try to remove the butterflies........

joker2
10-09-2002, 05:30 AM
Did you just get rid of the gates or did you remove the whole plate itself???

GreenMachine
10-09-2002, 04:19 PM
What is the front tower brace off of ? or what is it meant for .:flash:

Justanothermike
10-10-2002, 12:10 AM
What are your camshaft specs, duration, lift, poqwerband and stuf? Did you lose low end tourque with it or did it stay about the same? Do you have any problems with the car stalling?

I'm really looking for a camshaft that can give me the most power I can get without getting theTRAH-TRAH-TRAH-TRAH idle.

i don't know the exact specs off the top of my head but they're some where around 280-290 duration and .430 lift. if u want to know the power band just check the dyno graph. it pretty much speaks for itself.

guaynabo89
10-10-2002, 06:08 AM
How about the idle is it fairly smooth? Did you notice any loss in low end tourque compared to the stock cam?

GreenMachine

its a dc sports brace for the 86-89 accord fi. I heard they're pretty difficult tom get a hold on now.

cdscowboy
12-03-2002, 12:30 AM
What are butterflies? Yes, I'm pretty new...:lol

joker2
12-03-2002, 05:31 AM
The butterflies are little gates that are located in the intake man. that open at 3000 rpm..... But I'm still trying to figure out if it affects your bottom end any, so Justanothermike, let some bros know?!?!?!:confused: :D