PDA

View Full Version : if you biult an accord for a magazine what would you do?

mykwikcoupe
05-16-2009, 09:40 PM
I know Ive seen various accords featured in magazines through the years posted here and last nith i was going through my honda tuning magazines looking at what I should want my car to look like hwn its done and complete. Im wondering if someone was to have a 3gee they biult and sent pics in to request to be in a photoshoot what would you have done to your car?

It seems most guys get printed based on JDM style, Mugen parts, rims and a few with power addons. I ask because hopefully Ill be looking into these areas when I get my car running if ever.

I think if it were mine, id stick with either the b20a turbo or my B18c turbo for power, Koni and GC coilovers, Messyhondas CF hood, Cheeseburgers Mugen bumper facia with a diffuser on the bottom. Sparco seats with CF backing, Keep my black leather sei interior otherwise but with CF features throughout. Maybe twondas sideskirts wrapped in CF and my 18in rims along with the 12 rotors front and rear. Oh and Id jack carotmans Mugen valve cover gasket.

This would already be ontop of all the jdm goodies Ive got. I just want others input on how cars should look in there eyes.

A18A
05-16-2009, 09:58 PM
i think the turbo b20a would be cooler, might not be faster but the coolness will make up for that :)

codyJDM
05-16-2009, 10:21 PM
I would just send them pics of my old hatch :lol:

Joay
05-16-2009, 11:58 PM
In order to get in a magazine you'd have to be all JDM-ed out anyway. But:

- Dumped
- Mugen M7s
- Tucked B20A

Pretty simple formula these days.

Civic Accord Honda
05-17-2009, 01:23 AM
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk80/jmoore404/damon.jpg
that , with a fully chromed out a20a3 with a chrome b18 edelbrock manifold dc headers wire tucked and coil packs , ^_^

Hazwan
05-17-2009, 01:38 AM
Speaking of getting into magazines, mine should be in soon :D

And I'm pretty sure you don't need to be mad tyte JDM or have the fastest engine or anything like that. Just build something that is unique and turns head. Old school Hondas, Accords especially is unique enough and tell me how many of them you actually see in popular tuner magazines?

Tomisimo
05-17-2009, 04:09 AM
Yes Uniqueness is the key here, get it to look clean and wire tack the engine. and Yes B20 would be cooler than B18c. Its hard to compete with so popular engine.. there is to many of those tegs and civics with it. ouh and full repaint of suspension would catch the aye.

lostforawhile
05-17-2009, 05:58 AM
if I EVER get mine finished i was going for unique,who else has dual sidedraft Su's on a honda? best place to possibly get featured are magazines like grassroots motorsports, they are real cars not just nice looking show cars

2oodoor
05-17-2009, 10:52 AM
be careful there kwikcoupe, there was a certain member here that was supposed to have his featured and we never even saw the car here again :omg:

Also Legendmaster has his in readers rides HT a few years back, B18 ls,

I would think that a full out custom with custom upholstry, instrumentation, roll cage, full handling package that includes parts by actual advertisers in said magazine, wheels n tires same deal... rare mugen body parts and hardware, Sicque turbo set ups blah blah blah.. yup
Magazines are about selling now days so keep that in mind I would say as a blanket statement to your question.

thegreatdane
05-17-2009, 11:12 AM
lol mykwikcoupe, when are you going to put your money where your mouth is.
As long as I can remember you've always posted about all these great plans you were going to carry out with your 3g but not much has ever really happened.
It's mean of you to get all of our hopes up for something cool like for instance a mean b20a turbo and then nothing ever happens :(

mykwikcoupe
05-17-2009, 03:44 PM
lol mykwikcoupe, when are you going to put your money where your mouth is.
As long as I can remember you've always posted about all these great plans you were going to carry out with your 3g but not much has ever really happened.
It's mean of you to get all of our hopes up for something cool like for instance a mean b20a turbo and then nothing ever happens :(

well your in luck, the past 4 years Ive bought cool parts without the time to install them. Now that work here in the northwest has caught up with the rest of the nation and Im laid off like everyone else where i live Ill finally have the time to start installing parts. Im lost though. Theres a huge portion of me that just wants to get it up and running to hopfully gain some steam to put time and effort into the project. The rest of me knows that if I just slap it up to get it running beofre too long Ill be tearing it back down to clean and make pretty of everything. Im also not one of the pics people like pico is and some other on the board. i get into a hurry and forget to snap pics of am too proud to get pics before the car is done in fear of rejection from those on the board I respect.

Engine is almost ready to go, no turbo but OBD1 swap with victor x intake (not polished) with a stock TB(bought the wrong 70mm TB). Im not using the engine thats getting rebiult or the head done since Im too anal to slam it together before everything is the way I want it. i need a few more $$ to put into block prep for that. The turbo manifold is ready to go if I wanted to use the dadge turbo I have for the stock block. Depending on what ecu hack I use will dictate how far the turbo projects gets. The charge piping should be polished stainless but without a job thats a tough sell on the wifey. If the pipes get done before I get back to work theyll be painted steel with hopes of redoing later whn my larger turbo gets fitted to the rebiult engine.

The transmission has its quaife differential in it but like rob said on a different post feels wrong and notchy like I should pull it out and check it out or have it checked out. it does shift but not easy like stock. It also has the heaviest pressure plate act makes for the 88-91 prelude si with a tough sprung clutch. Im going to use stock driveshafts until rob decides if he wants to sell the DSS axles to me or if I need to go and order my own.

Interior is almost set. I had to redoe the interior swap since some parts didnt survive my accident I had a few years back. When I finally found a good donor (thanks rob) I had to remove my interior parts and reinstall his. I didnt want to mix and match since the plastics can from opposite sides of the continent and may have faded diffrently. I need to swap the dash (just the lowers actually but Im sure Ill have to pull the whole thing to do so), install the led dash lights, gauges bitesize made for me and if he ever gets off his lazy ass and send me the interior harness he owes me Ill install that as well. Id like to tint the windows one day but thats not a priority for me.

Suspension is mostly done as well. Ive currently got modded konis with sprint springs but I bought lx-incredibles new ground controls so Iwant to swap those onto my konis and lower the rear a little more. Ive got Jims pinch fork mod for the front which helped alot since the weight difference of the a20a3 and b20 are so dramatic. Ive already swapped all the bushings with those from energy suspension and my addco front and rear bars need installing still.

Brakes are pretty straight forward, robs 12in aem kit up front with stainless lines as well as cross drilled rotors in back for the sei swap along once agaian with stainless lines. Pads are generic for now until the car is really moving and I find a low dust high stopping power pad. I cant afford a rear upgrade yet so the sei with aftermarket rotors will have to do. I need to clean and repaint a bunch in there while Im at it since it has the typical 20yr biuldup residue. No rust or anything on the car.

Ive got tons of extras Ive bought and decided not to use right now maybe for my hatch biuld?

Thats about all I can think of for now off hand. theres lots of other little things I didnt mention like stereo, alarm, ignitions, stuff. I hope thats enough to at least make some believe Im not a fly by night dreamer but an overworked family guy.

I was really hoping someone (88lxi88) or those into the import scene heavy would have chimmed in saying those listed mods are over the top and unneccassary for older cars. From the list all I would want to do would be the mugen parts and the drivers seat in sparco or bride. I can pretty much asure those with those parts arent going to be selling any time soon so fat chance on those.

Anyways Ill push it into the driveway this week if its nice and snap some no progress pics for those on the board. Its been a storage box for about 4 years

mykwikcoupe
05-17-2009, 03:48 PM
be careful there kwikcoupe, there was a certain member here that was supposed to have his featured and we never even saw the car here again :omg:

Also Legendmaster has his in readers rides HT a few years back, B18 ls,

I would think that a full out custom with custom upholstry, instrumentation, roll cage, full handling package that includes parts by actual advertisers in said magazine, wheels n tires same deal... rare mugen body parts and hardware, Sicque turbo set ups blah blah blah.. yup
Magazines are about selling now days so keep that in mind I would say as a blanket statement to your question.

who?

lostforawhile
05-17-2009, 03:50 PM
i'm in the same situation i have all the stuff for my car but no time to work on it

wprocomp
05-17-2009, 07:55 PM
:hsugh:

tenchimuyo93
05-17-2009, 08:23 PM
i would probley do what i plan on doing anyway {if i can ever get the cash together}

s2000 motor/trans, narrowed ford 9in, carbon driveshaft, 10point cage,triangulated 4link rear suspension, sub frame connectors, got a few other ideas but hard to put them into words. i can see it in my head but not paper.

A18A
05-17-2009, 08:29 PM
or reality lol :P

Tdurr
05-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Turbo A20sedan, built high comp Bseries hatch, and then k-swapped hatch.

nuff said.

mushroom_toy
05-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Simple, clean sexy, and fast. Stock looks new materials (interior) Exterior stock with a few touches. Lowered with some low offset and flared.

Tdurr
05-18-2009, 06:03 PM
fuck simple. I would kit the shit outta it. lol
id call up tommy and get his body kit :) Then Satin black. limo tint, and some SupaMesh rims or real 3piece bbs's.

MessyHonda
05-18-2009, 06:12 PM
for me it would be most of my mods...i really want some k-sport coilovers....i also need a good paintjob....rollcage in the rear mostly for support. put on my xenon kit

mykwikcoupe
05-18-2009, 06:50 PM
I like the look of body kits but not on our cars. I like the front bumpers but the sideskirts just dont flow. Id want a stock paintjob just some irridescent pearl touches or something like that. I like the bling.

mushroom_toy
05-19-2009, 09:14 PM
I hate kits.

Rendon LX-i
05-19-2009, 09:22 PM
I can get in a mag if i had my engine bay all redo and wire tuck and obd1...looks good but not that good LOL...and some k sports

mykwikcoupe
05-19-2009, 10:27 PM
well I didnt start this thread meaning i wanted to get into a magazine. i was just curious of this community how whould others biuld there can in hopes to be in a magazine. I wouldnt be worried about my car getting stolen. Only 3 guys from the board now where i live and my neighbors dont even know what under the cover in the garage. If it ever started they would but they dont have to worry about that for a while at least.

markmdz89hatch
05-20-2009, 06:51 PM
for me, the idea is power in numbers. I'm all about rounding up the 4 CT guys and trying to get all four of us on a cover.

What's that mean:

Rob aka. RobTT550
Steve aka. 88lxi68
Johnny aka. Johnny-O
Mark aka. me

Anyway, it would be 2 hatches and 2 coupes. Everyone doing something very different from one another.

Rob with his boosted B20 in an uber clean coupe with a bangin' system and a unique color.
Steve with his clean, all-business, all motor frankenstein B18, and a black car without tints
Johnny with a stoooopid hatch representing for the straight-liners by way of a nasty little H22 stuffed (and I mean STUFFED) under what's left of his hood.
Mine, with another fairly clean hatch two-tone style with an all-motor, ol' skool dual-carb powered A20.

With all cars, it's the looks that compliment everything else done in the details and unique power options. If it were all looks with a bone-stock (looking) motor, it would fail to captivate a cover. If it were all power, and no attention to looks... ...there's no chance a magazine will feature a frumpy or sloppy looking rocket on wheels.

So to me, it's a question of: Will a pic of THAT car get someone to stop and want to open the top cover to find out more about it.

So for Mike (mykwik) and everyone else (myself included) that's had grand plans for their car, but has been dragging their feet, or finding excuses to delay their project... ...LET'S GET OFF OUR ASSES, GET OUT FROM IN FRONT OF OUR COMPUTER, AND GET OUT TO THE GARAGE TO GET SOMETHING DONE!

(i'm out... ...i gotta get in the garage...)

lostforawhile
05-20-2009, 07:11 PM
for me, the idea is power in numbers. I'm all about rounding up the 4 CT guys and trying to get all four of us on a cover.

What's that mean:

Rob aka. RobTT550
Steve aka. 88lxi68
Johnny aka. Johnny-O
Mark aka. me

Anyway, it would be 2 hatches and 2 coupes. Everyone doing something very different from one another.

Rob with his boosted B20 in an uber clean coupe with a bangin' system and a unique color.
Steve with his clean, all-business, all motor frankenstein B18, and a black car without tints
Johnny with a stoooopid hatch representing for the straight-liners by way of a nasty little H22 stuffed (and I mean STUFFED) under what's left of his hood.
Mine, with another fairly clean hatch two-tone style with an all-motor, ol' skool dual-carb powered A20.

With all cars, it's the looks that compliment everything else done in the details and unique power options. If it were all looks with a bone-stock (looking) motor, it would fail to captivate a cover. If it were all power, and no attention to looks... ...there's no chance a magazine will feature a frumpy or sloppy looking rocket on wheels.

So to me, it's a question of: Will a pic of THAT car get someone to stop and want to open the top cover to find out more about it.

So for Mike (mykwik) and everyone else (myself included) that's had grand plans for their car, but has been dragging their feet, or finding excuses to delay their project... ...LET'S GET OFF OUR ASSES, GET OUT FROM IN FRONT OF OUR COMPUTER, AND GET OUT TO THE GARAGE TO GET SOMETHING DONE!

(i'm out... ...i gotta get in the garage...)DO IT!!
call grassroots motorsports magazine,good chance this will take intrest,they often feature older Japanese cars that are unique

markmdz89hatch
05-20-2009, 07:21 PM
DO IT!!
call grassroots motorsports magazine,good chance this will take intrest,they often feature older Japanese cars that are unique

Soon Tim soon. We are all still in the garage at the moment. Steve's working on straightening out a few things. Johnny is waiting for parts to put the damn thing back together. Rob is still working on it, as am I. Once we're all done, or at least running and have a clean wash and wax, I'll bounce the idea off all 3 of the other guys and see what they think.

lostforawhile
05-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Soon Tim soon. We are all still in the garage at the moment. Steve's working on straightening out a few things. Johnny is waiting for parts to put the damn thing back together. Rob is still working on it, as am I. Once we're all done, or at least running and have a clean wash and wax, I'll bounce the idea off all 3 of the other guys and see what they think.

I know the feeling i would like to put mine back together,but whenever i go to, some s--- always happens and i have no time, no matter what i'm spending this weekend out there.

mykwikcoupe
05-20-2009, 07:42 PM
you know Ive been looking for a reason to drive over there and shake a few hands. Ill need to try and test my cars limits one day and make the drive. I know for me at least id like to have my car done before winter minus turbo but thats dependant on the work outlook and how soon i want to stop spending cash on the house projects. I do not miss not having responciblities. Thats sounds like an awesome idea mark.

ZackieDarko
05-21-2009, 10:19 AM
MR K20-R hatch

nuff said