PDA

View Full Version : seat belts

jasonrebellion
05-17-2009, 11:03 PM
anybody ever notice in the owner's manual it says honda has the seat belts warrantied for as long as the usable life of the car? If so has anybody ever used it? I've got a passenger seat buckle fucked up and my seat belt im kinda iffy on...i can brake and jerk it with my hand sometimes it catchs and sometimes it doesn't

Civic Accord Honda
05-17-2009, 11:08 PM
yeah the seat belts in the 3g were recalled... geddy tried to get his replaced since there also broken but they told him there were no more maroon ones left in north America or something like that.. id go ahead and try anyway

mykwikcoupe
05-18-2009, 06:59 AM
my dealershop reordered the springs for the coupe and HB and rebiult them. i tried to make them get me new ones but they are in pefect shape otherwise so I figured when the spring breaks again then ill make them. When did gheddy try to have his replaced. My sister had her rear corners replaced about 3 years ago no issues.

conozo
05-18-2009, 09:55 AM
Honda has a lifetime warranty on any seatbelt problems you have. They should always fix them for free unless you modified them yourself.

ZackieDarko
05-18-2009, 10:12 AM
side note

also made by Takata for Honda

so you can say you have takata belts and be JDM

MessyHonda
05-18-2009, 06:36 PM
easy fix would be the junkyard...most dealerships dont care about the 3gee anymore...the stupid sales man told me to trade my car in for a "new car"

Xybris
05-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Honda has a lifetime warranty on any seatbelt problems you have. They should always fix them for free unless you modified them yourself.

This is true. At least at the dealer I work at.

mountain_geez
05-19-2009, 10:18 AM
easy fix would be the junkyard...most dealerships dont care about the 3gee anymore...the stupid sales man told me to trade my car in for a "new car"

And you didn't kick him in the neck? I mean I sell as well and would never tell anyone what to do when they had a problem with something(unless it's really the way to fix it). You should go talk to his manager and tell him your problem and make him help fix yours.:rocket:

Aoife
05-19-2009, 10:32 AM
seatbelts have been an issue with some preludes but some honda dealers won't replace or fix them and as a matter of interest i priced new seatbelts for my lude and they were 200euro each :wtf: that's about $270 i think

ghettogeddy
05-19-2009, 12:11 PM
yeah the seat belts in the 3g were recalled... geddy tried to get his replaced since there also broken but they told him there were no more maroon ones left in north America or something like that.. id go ahead and try anyway

id id get my hands on a set fo black ones witch i still need to go get